Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they bother anybody else? Or is it just me?

It makes the WWE look tacky that they edit in cheers and boo's. The whole show seems fake, the crowd is sitting there doing nothing and yet all we hear are extremely loud cheers and boo's. It's hard to tell who's getting a reaction and who isn't.

It's really fucking annoying, and I haven't watched SmackDown entirely in over a year partly because of it.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
It defeats the whole purpose of going to the shows live IMO. Why go cheer on your favs if the brain trust is gonna wipe out your participation. I can kinda understand lightly (don't make it obvious, that just insults our intelligence) sweetening a dead crowd but killing off cheers they don't like or blatantly manipulating what happened is BS.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I would rather hear a silent crowd than that disgusting fake cheer sound.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yeah, it's painfully bothering. This is another reason that makes me hate faces more. And the funny thing is, faces get cheers irrespective of who the guy is. It's really laughable when Khali comes. :p And the heels are getting heavy boos for nothing. Smackdown is so cringeworthy because of this.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i sounds like a hair-dryer, and it comes on at the same time during Sheamus's entrance so much, it almost sounds like part of his theme.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I don't mind them turning up the cheers and boos slightly if at least you can see the crowd doing something. But when the crowd looks like they're dead and theres a mega pop coming out of the speakers its cringe worthy. Taking out the cheers for heels is a no no.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
I prefer to consentrate on the action, not what the fans are saying.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Yeah, its a weak way of getting people over or keeping a guy down. They've really relied upon it heavily for Sheamus vs Bryan feud to try to make it look like Sheamus is actually the face of that feud.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The fact that they mute cheers, or in Daniel Bryans case, the yes chants pisses me off the most. WWE is like Big Brother.

The edit job if Cena came onto SmackDown would be ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Last week's Smackdown contained minimal noise adjustments. The ONLY thing that really jumped out at me was they gave Layla a pop when she actually entered to near silence (not a huge deal). She did get a pop when she won. I just don't think the crowd knew who she was (for the most part). This is the crowd that popped for JTG, gave Khali a huge ovation (and some incredibly stupid "USA" chants during his match against Jinder), and chanted "Regal Sucks" along with Reks during NXT (which got chopped completely).

Keep in mind that the last show was in Toledo. They cheer faces (or anyone who used to be a face who they actually recognize (ie JTG). They boo the heels. Sure, Bryan had a few hardcore fans trying "Yes" the place, but it was buried throughout the show by the overwhelming "No" response. Sheamus was massively popular (as he's been at every show I've attended).

Not every crowd is like Chicago.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
They might as well replace the crowd with mannequins and the reactions will still sound the same on Friday.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Yeah, it's annoying because WWE claims they care about what the fans have to say, except apparently when they don't like what the fans are saying.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree OP. Hearing genuine crowd reactions are part of the fun of watching wrestling. When I hear the fake cheers and boos, it takes away from the fans involvement and makes me not even want to watch. I'm so glad guys like Bryan and Punk are on Raw now.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yeah I hate them.
They are annoying and so obvious.
The fans are sitting there with their mouths closed and all of a sudden the superstar is getting a loud cheer/jeers?
It makes the crowds sound the same.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts