Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the plan for Aleister Black? Him delivering positivity promos confused me as much as a fairly flat raw audience, which has been the case since he has been given more mike time.
I know we as wrestling fans too often use "turn them heel" as a way to fix characters but much more of this be yourself stuff while squashing jobbers isn't going to work.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,173 Posts
I disagree.

1.) The crowd was not flat on RAW, they were roudy all night, despite the snowstorm. They started with the nuclear heat on Orton and never let up all night except for when Natalya was out there boring everyone to death.
2.) Black is getting more and more over as his reactions were great on Monday. The segment worked.
3.) Black is main event material.
4.) Black DOES NOT need to turn heel. He won't be facing jobbers anymore as we get deeper into WM season. He is knocking on doors now and eventually those doors will lead to higher-tiered competition.

The plan is to keep him undefeated and to continue to protect the Black Mass, as they should. Black is a Paul Heyman guy now, as it is reported that he's very high on him, as he should be...because Black needs to be the next top guy. His entrance, his presence, his aura, his finisher, the guy is gold. Going into Mania, I'm sure they will line him up with someone worthwhile. If The Undertaker could come back and put him over, that would be awesome. The story would write itself. If not Taker, I say put him over AJ if he's back in time from injury. If not AJ, then have him just win the U.S. gold from Almas. Fuck off with Humberto.

He honestly should have been the guy to defeat the Dark Clown over on SD as it would have been a perfect darkness vs darkness storyline, but Roman will get that honor in his 6th WM main event.

Regardless, Black needs to be WWE Champion by Summerslam or WWE will have fucked up. McIntyre vs Black is a program I would be very interested in depending on how over Drew gets in the next 2 months. Black vs Brock is also a mega match waiting to happen once Black really gets going.

·
Premium Member
16,584 Posts
McIntyre v Black sounds fantastic! Black v most people sounds good.

He shouldn't turn heel. The crowd was very into his promo. I have no problem arguing what audiences cheer, but noise level is not up for debate.

Black needs direction. We had something with Murphy, but now he's alone. I think Black could wrestle faces, though. Black v Braun would be a hit. He has the persona to be face, but able to challenge other faces.

·
Angry at refs
2,715 Posts
His promo wasn't bad. His promo wasn't good. The crowd was into it, but they were into everything on RAW.

That's Black's problem imo. He's extremely average all around, so unless he gets some direction or improves, it's just going to be another segment on the show.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
That crowd was really into the show more than most despite just a "meh" show. Black has lots of potential and I like the idea of Black/Drew and others.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't watch all of raw,I watched his promo and the fans sounded like "Yay?" This neither good nor evil character that has spent months behind a door (essentially catering) waiting for someone to knock....is now being proactive, while fighting nobody important, then telling people to be who they want to be because that is....um awesome apparently and totally fits his persona.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try to describe Black's character to a non-fan. Not his APPEARANCE, his character. What is his deal, as it has been presented? It's not as easy to describe as it should be.
He's neither good nor bad....but 98% good. He's neither light or dark....95% light( theme tune pushes up the percentage)

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
1,927 Posts
He has to developed a better character/personality and improve his promos if he’s going to he anything on the main roster. This isn’t NXT.

Otherwise he’s mid-card at best

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Spooky, pseudointellectual mumbo jumbo nonsense only serves one purpose on a wrestling show.

Black is the new, old Bray Wyatt.

Ultimately, Black will fall into the WWE machine’s good old formulas used with Bray. You’re better off not looking into any meaning behind his character or stories and just accepting his formulaic spooky heel role and moving on.

Copy and paste.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Try to describe Black's character to a non-fan. Not his APPEARANCE, his character. What is his deal, as it has been presented? It's not as easy to describe as it should be.
A mysterious, dark and deadly character.

·
Registered
452 Posts
2.) Black is getting more and more over as his reactions were great on Monday. The segment worked.
nope lol,stop lyin, he still gets crickets. it didn't work,and it won't work til they give him some real and at least somewhat reasonable and discernible characters,not this bubbling pathetic cringe nonsense

A mysterious, dark and deadly character.
so why is he spouting positive optimistic crap if he's so ''dark'' and ''deadly'' lol wtf

·
Registered
452 Posts
basically,his character is that of a man who has a door fetish,likes to knock on them and would like for someone else to knock on HIS door,in turn. like a woodworker,carpenters etc,I guess THAT is the reason he's infatuated with doors,dunno,your guess is as good as mine :SS

but the point is it's obviosly nonsensical and retarded ''gimmick'' which can't and shouldn't be taken seriously

1 - 20 of 20 Posts