Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've tended to route for heels tbh, but I genuinely hated Cena. He made me stop watching. I turned on him in late 2004 and by 2006 I really hated him. As a kid, I never liked Steve Austin either, because The Rock got me into wrestling in early 2000 and Austin stunned him a few times when he returned lol. I was only 9-10 years old though and when re-watching, I love him.

I've never watched a Hogan match where I wanted him to win either. Always disliked him as the post 2002 babyface.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Most people on the internet talking about charisma would not have a clue as to what it is, if it came in the form of a fat whale and farted in their face.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The ones that can't act or wrestle, ie Goldberg, although i did like him in the 90s but back then i didn't see it the same way as i see it now.

Any face version of Billy Gunn after DX 'the one' 'Billy G' etc, Billy and Chuck was uncomfortably funny, but any face push on his own was terrible.

Seth Rollins is cringe as a face, hes a natural heel.

i was on a forum around 2002 when people still liked Cena after his WWE debut because they loved 'The Prototype' character from OVW and we started a forum group called 'PAC' 'the people against cena'

·
Registered
242 Posts
As a kid I never liked Shawn Micheals. I had liked the Rockers, but Marty was my favourite, and I never forgave Shawn for throwing his head through a window. When the fans started cheering him in 95 I didn't get it at all. When he won the title from Bret, my favourite, I stopped watching for quite a while, it might have even been a couple of years before I got fully back into it.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,645 Posts
As a kid I never liked Shawn Micheals. I had liked the Rockers, but Marty was my favourite, and I never forgave Shawn for throwing his head through a window. When the fans started cheering him in 95 I didn't get it at all. When he won the title from Bret, my favourite, I stopped watching for quite a while, it might have even been a couple of years before I got fully back into it.
Man that's a first regarding HBK.

·
Premium Member
43,887 Posts
Cena is the prime example for me. He almost made me hate wrestling for like a decade. I could never get behind the guy as a main character.

It was the Hogan format, but much much worse because it was every show, once a week, every PPV, and it felt like an endless cycle of torture year after year. I really latched onto Batista during this time because he looked and acted cooler, and fuck, at least he's not Cena, lol.

As a kid, I didn't like The Ultimate Warrior for the simple reason that I was a Hogan fan and he beat him, lol. Oh to be that simple again. It would be nice actually, lol.

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
Batista turning heel in 2009 left a bitter taste IMO. Especially the continued Eddiesplotation after he nearly choked Rey to death.

Speaking of Rey, he's probably the worst-booked babyface in WWE history. He's essentially the anti-Sammartino of babyfaces where he has a superheroic look, but ends up getting his ass kicked like Dan from CAPCOM, or Yamcha in DB. I don't hate Rey -- I just hated his '06 booking, and maybe his cringey promos where he speaks broken Spanish despite being raised in Mexico.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts