Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the new face Sheamus. This is one of the rare few times where a face turn was much needed. As a heel he was a coward, but now as a face the guy is just a beast. He dominates guys in the ring, and after the match.

His brawl with Henry was epic. Him beating the hell out of that Jinder guy and Khali after they attacked him was great. Him attacking Christian because he slapped him was also great.

I am so hoping for another title run for him. At this stage, Orton/Sheamus for the title sounds great.

So does anyone else love the new face Sheamus?

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Absolutely, dude is a natural. I know he still has some unfinished business as a heel to accomplish but that can wait, right now dude is spectacular.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I am surprised that he got over with the crowd so quickly.
There are people who actually liked him when he was a heel, but he was booked so shitty, so now that he is a face it's so much easier to cheer for him now.

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
I don't mind him as much as when he was a heel, probably because he isn't being shoved down our throats as much (not to mention, the alternative to him on SmackDown is Orton), but I'm still not impressed with him whatsoever. He's not bad like Morrison or Swagger or Orton or Rhodes, but he's just so not worthy of being pushed the way he's pushed. He's basically the bare minimum of decency. Just good enough not to be terrible and nothing more.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,787 Posts
I am surprised that he got over with the crowd so quickly.
I'm really not at all; it was clear for roughly a year before he was turned face that the audience actually wanted to cheer for him rather than boo him. And when he did receive boos, it somehow felt like the audience was jeering him out of appreciation more than genuine kayfabe-inspired antipathy, if that is at all coherent.

The guy's going to become a true star as a face. He, Punk and Del Rio will doubtless get their first Slurpee cups next year. :rolleyes: (Maybe Sin Cara, too, should everything pan out for him.)

WWE needs to keep the Sheamus momentum going strong because they definitely have an incredibly promising babyface on their hands with him.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
After last night, no he isn't. I wish he'd stay more true to his character, going out to save cena ...yawn , chasing Christian (WTF) ....yawn. They are turning him into a clean cut babyface instead of keeping him the Celtic warrior who doesn't a give a shit .

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I love him. I was calling for his face turn and I like it now.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
After last night, no he isn't. I wish he'd stay more true to his character, going out to save cena ...yawn , chasing Christian (WTF) ....yawn. They are turning him into a clean cut babyface instead of keeping him the Celtic warrior who doesn't a give a shit .
He had no choice but to do that, faces do that so you know. He is still bad ass he is going after everyone ( heel) . Love the turn. I always liked him, but he is a natural baby face.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Here's hoping they don't turn him into a kiss-ass lame face shortly after his face turn ala Cena/Orton.

Here's hoping they also don't pussify his theme song now that he's face, ala Kennedy.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The reason he got over so quickly is because he is 'The Great White'

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Funny how you can call Sheamus 'The Great White' but you can't call e.g. Kofi something like 'The Black Attack'

·
Ho!
17,481 Posts
You know, now that I think about, what reason did Sheamus have helping Cena and the other faces this time around? A week ago I know it was because of Henry being out there, but this time kayfabe wise, there was no reason for him to buddy up with the other faces. I fear they are turning him into a clean-cut babyface as well. I mean, we should have expected this. It happened with Cena when he turned from heel to face. It happened to Edge, both times he turned last year eventually. It seems like the only exceptions are the two biggest legends in Taker and HHH... although Taker hasn't turned from heel to face in 9 years, and HHH turned from heel to face about 5 years ago, but still, they are definitely not made after the current babyface role (nor should they).

At least he's getting pops. He's all around a solid worker. He's not good on the mic, but he's solid enough where if he's put in there with someone great, it could be a great promo. He's good in the ring, has a nice moveset, looks credible, and is over. He's gonna be a top guy in years to come, although I'm not sure he'll ever be THE top guy, I can see him more like a Batista/Edge/Orton (mostly the latter two, but you get the idea), playing second to Cena or the top guy (presumably Punk in the next few years) but also maybe being the biggest star on SD. I'm not in love with Sheamus like some, but I do like the guy.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
He keeps buddying up with Cena :( I dunno, it just doesn't feel like him.
Funny how you can call Sheamus 'The Great White' but you can't call e.g. Kofi something like 'The Black Attack'
Well great white implies shark, and black attack isn't really anything. Besides he is extraordinarily pale.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He had no choice but to do that, faces do that so you know. He is still bad ass he is going after everyone ( heel) . Love the turn. I always liked him, but he is a natural baby face.
True. WWE realized that in order to turn him face, they had to make it definitive. Fact is, fans want to cheer badasses. And they want to see the cowardly bad guys get their asses handed to them. The instant they started to book Sheamus as dominant badass, they knew they'd run the risk of the fans cheering him.

Even though I don't like that they had him inexplicably start buddying around with Cena, overall I don't think there's anything vastly wrong with the way they have handled Sheamus. I like his face run so far, he has this badass appeal of being a powerhouse, and he just comes across as extremely likable. They also didn't really give his attitude a complete overhaul. The change is not really complicated. They just have him be out for himself at the expense of the heels, rather than the babyfaces. And it works.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts