Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched superstars where Gallows defeated Vance Archer, it seems he's turning face as he did the whole straps down routine. Do you reckon he can go anywhere as a face?

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. I was actually more interested in the fact thet they're continuing to use Archer as a heel after Hawkins turned on him, ending their team. Looks like WWE are doing a Colons with them :mad:

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,816 Posts
I hope so. Surely somebody realizes that the Smackdown brand needs more faces in the midcard in particular.

Giving Gallows a fresh start like this is important in restarting some momentum for the guy. I was just beginning to wonder if we'd see him again anytime soon following the demise of the SES. He's too solid with too much of an upside to let rot on the sidelines for very long.

·
Registered
799 Posts
well, that seems to be the direction Luke is going in.

I was suprised when the fans were kind of backing Luke on superstars, like when he was in a submission caused by archer, the fans started getting behind him by clapping.

was shocked lol

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
You know at first I found Gallows kinda meh copared to Festus, but he's showing more of his ring ability this way, which isn't bad for a bigger guy.

And his character's kind of cool.

Maybe he could do a protector of vulnerable faces storyline a lá APA, but by himself. He hs a security guard kind of look.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Well, he'd better find a niche or gimmick soon, because bland babyfaces don't tend to have any longevity in WWE. Without the SES gimmick, I don't see WWE getting much mileage out of him.

Honestly, the Festus gimmick probably had more legs under it than plain old Luke Gallows... at least by WWE standards.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Luke Gallows = future endeavors very soon
You're joking, right? He's only 26. Already good on the mic and in the ring, can play characters well (Festus, Fake Kane), and he's big and athletic. No way they're giving up on him anytime soon.

Face turn for him could work great. It could also fail. Depends on the gimmick. He's got everything else.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Gallows has unlimited potential as far as I'm concerned. The only catch is that he doesn't really have a character at the moment and needs to develop one if he's going to get past the main event on Superstars. Don't give up on him yet though because the guy is 4 years away from the magic age of 30 so he's got some time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts