Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get quite frustrated with the way the WWE has heels alongside faces signing autographs, posing for photos, promoting campaigns and whatnot when they are supposed to be heels? I mean, everyone knows what wrestling is but surely a true heel would not sign autographs for fans or have pictures taken with them. Perhaps it wouldn't be the case that all heel wrestlers would behave in such a way, but more a "mega" heel who could be severely disliked by the audience.

This is when I would point to examples such as Randy Orton's comments about Eddie Guerrero to Rey Mysterio causing such upset by fans, but this is actually something that the fans could get legitimately angry about, which is far more effective than the usual case of firing-off a generic insult against the hometown.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
You know I did never bitch about whole Eddie's in Hell bit. It never bothered me one bit as long as it did not bother anyone else in that storyline (like Rey and Vickie) and as long as it did it's job I think we are fine. I mean if Vickie really believes that Eddie would be ok with it (since I really don't know him irl and she does) I just gonna have to trust her.

Now back to your original question. I can see your point here. I really don't mind them signing off camera and all that stuff but WWE promoting them like faces on TV really get's my eyebrow up at times. Story wise it does not make a lot of sense.

But int the end of the day it's about those damn hypocritical to death BA star segments. I mean there is practically nothing less more retarded and hypocritical as those things.

I mean you have real heels talking about not to be bullies? Really? No wait let the Miz do the work here:

I know that internet killed kayfabe and as said to some extent it's alright but they really need to re-think what they actually promote on TV.

Besides just because I as an adult know exactly how WWE works does not mean an 8 year old does(let alone casuals).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts