Wrestling Forum banner

Face Foreign Champions

4623 Views 50 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Paranoid Hysteria
Hello everyone, I was wondering, have WWE ever had a FACE non-american WORLD champion? For non-american I mean not from usa,mexico or canada.
Every foreign world champion I can think of was either Heel at the time (like Yokozuna or Great Khali) or pre-wwe.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
no, not that i can think of, foreigners are rarely face - if they are they aren't world champion status
I doubt it. It's easier to get an American over here than it is with someone who has a thick foreign accent.

And, by the way, Yokozuna was an American. He was born in San Francisco, CA.

Antonio Inoki
His reign isn't officially recognized by WWE.
Didn't knew about Yokozuna, but a foreign gimmick is enough for me :)
About Inoki and Sammartino, WWE wasn't born at the time right? or am I completely wrong? ^^
Inoki won the title when it was the WWF, Sammartino when it was the WWWF.
sorry back then I was a bad poster. so ignore this post.
Inoki doesn't count though, as it's not officially recognized by WWE. That reign never happened.
Thought so ^^ well, a foreign face champion could be a nice change, maybe an english or japanese one doesn't sound that wrong, at this point he could be a "first time in history"
As I said earlier, it's incredibly difficult to get a foreigner over as a face in America. Therefore, I doubt it will ever happen.

Tatsu's a face, but he's completely irrelevant. Who else is a face? Gabriel eventually, but he won't win the WWE Championship. Kofi is definitely a possibility. Ezekiel is a future WWE Champion, too, IMO.
Oh well, I see your point soxfan93 and I agree with it 100%, just wondering if I missed something on the road ^^
Sadly i can't see Kofi win a world title, as for Ezekiel if he'll win one he will probably be as an Heel :)
I'm not sure about that, before he joined The Corre he was pretty over.
Seamus would be my guess for which foreigner gets it first as a face -- provided he turns.
Well, putted this way Ezekiel and SHeamus could be possibilities, in fact I think both can work as faces, and they are big men so Vince will be happy..
I honestly don't think Sheamus would work as a face. His accent is thick and he looks ridiculous. People prefer to make fun of him than cheer for him.
Seamus would be my guess for which foreigner gets it first as a face -- provided he turns.
probably the best shout, along with kingston
@Soxfan93 That's sad, I'm a big fan of Sheamus and looking at him outside kayfabe (like interviews) he's even a fun guy
I agree. I like him, but it'd be incredibly difficult to convince all the kids to cheer for Beaker... I mean Sheamus. :side:
I agree. I like him, but it'd be incredibly difficult to convince all the kids to cheer for Beaker... I mean Sheamus. :side:
I lolled :rolleyes:

Aww, I forgot the "kid factor" :cuss:
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.