Wrestling Forum banner

Face Foreign Champions

4584 Views 50 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Paranoid Hysteria
Hello everyone, I was wondering, have WWE ever had a FACE non-american WORLD champion? For non-american I mean not from usa,mexico or canada.
Every foreign world champion I can think of was either Heel at the time (like Yokozuna or Great Khali) or pre-wwe.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
1,684 Posts
no, not that i can think of, foreigners are rarely face - if they are they aren't world champion status

· Banned
4,476 Posts
I doubt it. It's easier to get an American over here than it is with someone who has a thick foreign accent.

And, by the way, Yokozuna was an American. He was born in San Francisco, CA.

Antonio Inoki
His reign isn't officially recognized by WWE.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Inoki won the title when it was the WWF, Sammartino when it was the WWWF.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Inoki doesn't count though, as it's not officially recognized by WWE. That reign never happened.

· Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thought so ^^ well, a foreign face champion could be a nice change, maybe an english or japanese one doesn't sound that wrong, at this point he could be a "first time in history"

· Banned
4,476 Posts
As I said earlier, it's incredibly difficult to get a foreigner over as a face in America. Therefore, I doubt it will ever happen.

Tatsu's a face, but he's completely irrelevant. Who else is a face? Gabriel eventually, but he won't win the WWE Championship. Kofi is definitely a possibility. Ezekiel is a future WWE Champion, too, IMO.

· Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh well, I see your point soxfan93 and I agree with it 100%, just wondering if I missed something on the road ^^
Sadly i can't see Kofi win a world title, as for Ezekiel if he'll win one he will probably be as an Heel :)

· Banned
4,476 Posts
I'm not sure about that, before he joined The Corre he was pretty over.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
I honestly don't think Sheamus would work as a face. His accent is thick and he looks ridiculous. People prefer to make fun of him than cheer for him.

· Registered
1,684 Posts
Seamus would be my guess for which foreigner gets it first as a face -- provided he turns.
probably the best shout, along with kingston

· Banned
4,476 Posts
I agree. I like him, but it'd be incredibly difficult to convince all the kids to cheer for Beaker... I mean Sheamus. :side:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.