Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey havnt been on here for a while but i was think about this the other night that there are two different types of faces "face" and "babyface"
what i mean by this is that a "face" is someone with an attitude for example Stone Cold or Randy Orton. Babyfaces id say Cena and Hulk Hogan.

Now id like to get peoples thoughts on which faces would fall in to each one.

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yer sorry may of worded it wrong i just mean like i think there can be differences and stuff

· Registered
5,034 Posts
hey havnt been on here for a while but i was think about this the other night that there are two different types of faces "face" and "babyface"
what i mean by this is that a "face" is someone with an attitude for example Stone Cold or Randy Orton. Babyfaces id say Cena and Hulk Hogan.

Yes, I agree. Babyfaces are more "good" to the fans than regular faces, is how I think about it.

· That Balotelli Swag!
512 Posts
There is no difference between face and babyface. It's the same thing. Stone Cold and Randy Orton are Tweeners. In that they are faces, but they are not always completely good and they break rules and such.

· Registered
95 Posts
There is no difference between face and babyface. It's the same thing. Stone Cold and Randy Orton are Tweeners. In that they are faces, but they are not always completely good and they break rules and such.
Tweeners? I have never heard that before in my life, so i call BS

· Registered
815 Posts
It is quite hard to book a tweener well, it seems

· Registered
2,365 Posts
Tweeners? I have never heard that before in my life, so i call BS
Tweener: What Kane has been since October 1998, give or take a couple of months last year.

· Banned
6,914 Posts
That isn't a tweener, a tweener is somebody the fans can't make up their minds about because they alternate between heel and face so frequently, or when they get cheered against heels but booed against faces because of they're inconsistent booking then they are considered a tweener e.g. Kane. Clearly with Orton and Austin this is not the case.

· Dragon Slayer
6,701 Posts

Face = babyface. Its just short term. And of course there are differences. Those are called gimmicks. Thats the character of the person. Just like heels have differences (gimmicks). Some heels can play the manipulative genius ( Evolutions Triple H) others play a superiority complex heel (SES CM Punk) others are arrogant etc. Faces are the same way. You have the hero face (Hogan, Cena) the anti hero (Austin, Rock) etc.

· Registered
7,032 Posts
face is any good guy. (austin, orton, etc)

babyface is a good guy that openly panders to the crowd (hogan, cena)
tweeners are usually temperary shifts of character, where he's kinda in limbo and just does what he wants (attacks whatever)

· Registered
136 Posts
Face and Babyface are pretty much the same thing, face is just a short form for babyface.
Tweeners are in my view the most ridiculous creation of wrestling. A heel that gets cheered is a tweener? If he's getting cheered he's clearly doing something the audience wants him to do, something they'll enjoy, and babyfaces are the guys that do that.

Saying that Austin was a tweener when he was feuding with Bret Hart is mindbogling to me. Bret was being a crybaby, saying he had been screwed from the first moment he reappeared on WWE TV on the Fall of 96. Austin was just calling him on that, and the crowd agreeded with him, which lead him into babyface status. Hart's later actions (more crying and moaning, and prickish behaviour) just reinforced the notion that Bret was a heel, and Austin a face. A face with an attitude issue, but a face anyway, one of the good guys. The double turn worked so well because it was very organic.

Orton getting cheered when he feuded with Legacy was the bookers fault, since they wanted to have the Legacy turn face, but they booked their actions in a way that had an heelish feel to it. Would Batista's face turn had worked if he did something sneaky to eliminate HHH on the Elimination Chamber instead of the inverse?
If you book a face or a heel properly, there's no way that the crowd may turn him, Austin/Bret was clearly planned, Orton/Legacy wasn't. It's always booking.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.