Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All these finishers have in common that the opponent is on the shoulders.

But IMO none of these finishers looks impactful except the F5.

Whats your fav finisher, given these choices.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Re: F5 vs AA vs GTS vs Barret Slam

:lmao at "Barrett Slam". You know it's called Wasteland, right?

I'm a fan of the Attitude Adjustment. Everyone always says it's just a fireman's carry, but he actually does use force when throwing the opponent to the canvas.

Also, the GTS, because Punk drills the opponent in the face with his knee. As ^ said, it's gotta hurt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: F5 vs AA vs GTS vs Barret Slam

:lmao at "Barrett Slam". You know it's called Wasteland, right?

I'm a fan of the Attitude Adjustment. Everyone always says it's just a fireman's carry, but he actually does use force when throwing the opponent to the canvas.

Also, the GTS, because Punk drills the opponent in the face with his knee. As ^ said, it's gotta hurt.
I hope your not serious...

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
GTS is probably the most impactful, in terms of how much each manoeuvre (hypothetically) hurts, the other three would probably stand equal, as all three have a similar outcome. GTS is also my favourite, it's very unique in comparison to the others, Wasteland and the AA have been done countless times by other wresters in history.

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
Can't imagine why an F5 would be worse than a GTS. The nose is one of the most tender parts of the human body, the knee is one of the hardest, and they're colliding head on. The F5 just lands like any other move that lands you on your stomach. I'm sure it hurts but it would be a picnic compared to a GTS. I think I'd rather take any other finisher in the WWE before a GTS, it's one of the only finishers that can make you cringe.

FU and Wasteland are about the same, but I'll say the FU probably hurts a little more.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Go 2 Sleep by a long shot. I'm not even sure why it's lumped in with the other three, since the other three cause you to land flat, while the Go 2 Sleep drives a knee into your face.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
F5 imo. The way Brock spins and wrenches give his move a lot of edge and momentum. It looks like he's spiking people onto the ground.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,816 Posts
GTS is vicious, and definitely #1. It's like the most legit. "knockout" maneuver I can think of in WWE at this time. A man dropping another face-first onto his striking knee is a great visual and logically almost deadly.

The F-5 gets the #2 for me... It's a great, flashy and impactful move, certainly legit. and when the right guy does it, can look nothing less than horribly devastating.

#3? I'm going with Wasteland. I honestly think the way Barrett does it, for instance, makes it look rather powerful. He gets a good whiplash effect with that swinging motion towards the canvas.

#4, the AA. Cena does a lot of things to make it look good but it's still a fireman's carry slam. It's been made legit. because we've been conditioned to accept it, but it's still #4 among these finishers.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
F5 and Attitude Adjustment look the best to me, not the normal FU, but sometimes Cena does a spin while doing the move which looks way cooler than the normal dull version, shame he doesn't do it like this more regulary. F5 looks great on both Lesnar and Morgan, it's a real shame Morgan stopped using the move once he went to TNA. Wasteland takes the third places but is rather dull, although this may be Barrets fault and GTS is honestly not even a top 10 move in CM Punks moveset.

·
Premium Member
43,668 Posts
Barrett's finisher is AWFUL!!! No great impact, not impressive looking. It just looks terrible. It reminds me of Dino Bravo's side suplex. For those that don't remember, Bravo would beat people with this move, which was really just a sidewalk slam. Many other big men at the time would use the move, make it look better, and not beat anybody with it. When Bravo would do it, it looked like crap, and he would win with it. It was pathetic. When he would hit the mat, it just didn't look like a hard slam, like he was being drilled through the mat. Neither does Barrett's "Wasteland". It looks like a crappy fireman's takedown.

FU, AA, Death Valley Driver, or whatever you want to call it, is a pretty cool move and can look devastating. Does Cena do that? Eh, I've seen worse to be honest. Its not a bad finisher. I'm more annoyed by the STF which looks like its being done by somebody who's never been trained.

The GTS is kind of cool. Not one of my favorite finishers, but I can definitely by a stiff knee to the face as a finisher (works for MMA, right? You know, real fighting). Punk usually executes the move pretty well and as far as I know, only Snitsky has been legit hurt by it. Its a very tough move to do as far as making it look good and keeping the guy safe, but Punk can pull it off.

The F5 is my favorite on the list. It was a very cool move and one that got an instant reaction out of me the first time I saw it. It was like "Holy Shit that was sick!". My only real knock on the move was Brock Lesnar himself. He wasn't exactly the safest worker and there were a couple of scary close calls with it (just ask A-Train/Albert/Giant Bernard). But, a very cool finisher all the same. What was best about it was how it perfectly complimented Brock's character IE a very athletic powerhouse. It looked devastating & required power to pull off, but it has a cool athletic appeal to it. It felt like only somebody built like Brock could pull it off.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
AA hurts but not so much as his original FU/Death Valley Driver slam.

GTS is definitely painful. Guaranteed blood if Punk decides to be an asshole and legit hit that move.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.