Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is from 24wrestling.com. i've purchased every ppv since mania this year and i will not be watching survivor series. this is getting ridiculous.

A lot of the blame, as far as WWE is concerned, belongs to the recent attempt to push Daniel Bryan to the top. Bryan is getting the blame by WWE management for the recent drop in pay-per-views, as they feel they gave him a shot in the top spot for the last few months-worth of pay-per-views, and they consider the buyrates dropping to be a direct result of trying to push a smaller guy as opposed to a larger guy, which WWE feels the fans want these days.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,453 Posts
It is exactly the opposite. The fans want smaller guys with in-ring ability. The highest rated segments of the night have people like
CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and Goldust and Damien Sandow. Nobody, not even Roman Reigns, in the Shield is all that big.

Some of the very lowest buys for their PPVs and all time in company history in the past 3 years had matches with guys like
The Big Show, John Cena and Triple H.

The biggest UFC fighters are not "big guy" people. Nobody gives two fucks about the Klitschkos in popular culture
but the biggest draw in boxing weighs 151 pounds.

A premium should be put on in-ring ability now. Big Show/Randy Orton, 2013, will do shit numbers.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I dont know what WWE expected. The reality is nobody in WWE is really over with the mainstream anymore, nobody is a draw the way people were in the attitude era, not even Cena. The biggest draw since the attitude era ended is Lesnar, but thats more because of what he did in UFC, not what he did in wrestling.

A PPV with Cena main eventing is not going to draw significantly more than one Punk or Bryan main events, because wrestling is a cold product in 2013.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
Ya know, to be honest, I've always preferred watching the smaller sized guys throughout all the wrestling history I have ever watched, in fact I've usually always preferred all the mid card talents and feuds over the main event attractions, not overly sure why but I just usually have.

I mean I've always preferred watching guys like Mr Perfect, Bret Hart, Rick Martel, Tito Santana, Shawn Michaels, Cody Rhodes, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Damien Sandow, CM Punk .. pretty much every mid card talent more than I do watching Hulk Hogan, John Cena, Big Show, Ryback, Mark Henry and pretty much most of the big guys in the business.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind watching and still like to watch them, but I don't prefer them, I'd rather watch Ravishing Rick Rude in a match than I would Mabel for example.

The same goes with feuds, think Wrestlemania 7 .... I loved the whole Rick Martel/Jake Roberts feud and build up in regards to Jake being blinded etc... it was much more interesting and intriguing than Hulk Hogan battling against Sgt Slaughter for the title, though admittedly that was a good feud simply due to the timing and what was going down with that ... but you get my point.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,453 Posts
They punish people like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, make them second rate third match on the PPV card non-stars, consistently bury them on the mic
and screw them over at PPVs. Then they go...

"Oh, I guess the little guys can't draw!"

You sabotaged them to push Big Show and The Breakfast Club.

:show :eek:rton2 :cena5 :hhh2 :vince3

What do you expect? Bryan should have made Orton or Triple H tap and got Undisputed gold on his waist.
The troll midget angry little fella verbal slams and "vacated title" crap destroyed him.

They do this with anybody under 6'4'' who gets over. Zack Ryder and Dolph Ziggler are perfect examples.
They refuse to go with the fans' obvious wishes, bury the shit out of 'em and then go...

"These little vanilla midgets can't get over!"

:nash

Maybe if you'd put the verbal and booking :buried :berried shovels away these people who already got over would stay over?

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
Yep, Savage, Benoit, Eddie, Jericho, Steamboat etc etc ... I prefer to watch their matches than say a Big Show, Giant Gonzales, Kevin Nash so on and so forth.

Just my preference really, you get better matches and better wrestling .... I mean, imagine John Cena Vs Big Show putting on a match as epic as Bret Hart Vs Mr Perfect was at Summerslam 91, the smaller guys matches are just way more entertaining to watch, but that is of course, just my preference and always has been for some reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.