Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's come quite a ways from being Kendrick's goon. Teaming up with Kozlov under Regal's leadership and feuding with the ECW Champion (Christian) at the time. Finally becoming the (last) ECW Champion before the show closed.

Now he's a mid-carder who gets squash matches on RAW and Superstars. His size/weight greatly limits him, but I think he's doing an okay job so far and he is getting better, bearing in mind that he's only been wrestling for ~three and a half years or so. The crowd also seems to be taking a liking to him, albeit slowly. Not saying that he will win one of the big two, but I do see some potential and have enjoyed his squash matches so far.

So what are your thoughts on the guy?

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
His skin color is what's limiting him, how does his size limit him? I'm pretty sure Vince loves big guys.

EDIT ~ Oh, you meant ring wise. I just got that, I'm off my game. ~_~ Anyway, that's skill not true. If he really works hard he'll get better. A lot of good big guys have come through. Anyway, I don't think he's good at anything, but he's fine in his current role and I'd still rather him get a huge push than a guy like Morrison.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pyro™;9123412 said:
His skin color is what's limiting him, how does his size limit him? I'm pretty sure Vince loves big guys.
All apologies, as I should have been specific. I meant it limited his mobility in the ring, not his position as far as career success. He's quite bulky for a guy who is only 6 foot 2.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
He's come quite a ways from being Kendrick's goon. Teaming up with Kozlov under Regal's leadership and feuding with the ECW Champion (Christian) at the time. Finally becoming the (last) ECW Champion before the show closed.

Now he's a mid-carder who gets squash matches on RAW and Superstars. His size/weight greatly limits him, but I think he's doing an okay job so far and he is getting better, bearing in mind that he's only been wrestling for ~three and a half years or so. The crowd also seems to be taking a liking to him, albeit slowly. Not saying that he will win one of the big two, but I do see some potential and have enjoyed his squash matches so far.

So what are your thoughts on the guy?
Batista, Brock Lesnar, Bobby Lashley(who would've won if he hadn't have left), Big Show, Kane, Undertaker, etc.

Explain to me how his size/weight works against him when thats the one thing Vince loves the most....

Edit - My bad lol we posted at the same time.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Batista, Brock Lesnar, Bobby Lashley(who would've won if he hadn't have left), Big Show, Kane, Undertaker, etc.

Explain to me how his size/weight works against him when thats the one thing Vince loves the most....
Thank God I'm not the only one who had this problem. :lmao

All apologies, as I should have been specific. I meant it limited his mobility in the ring, not his position as far as career success.
Nah, it's ok. I wasn't paying enough attention to each individual sentence, I can see what you mean when I focus more.

·
3,830 Posts
All apologies, as I should have been specific. I meant it limited his mobility in the ring, not his position as far as career success. He's quite bulky for a guy who is only 6 foot 2.
Yeah he does work at a very slow pest which is why I think they have him do squash matches. It's so much more entertaining watching him pound someone as opposed to him doing an actual match.

Pyro™;9123420 said:
Thank God I'm not the only one who had this problem. :lmao
Hahaha naw man I was sitting here scratching my head like "Is he serious???"

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
I like that he's face not another dominant monster heel

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
last monday was the FIRST time i actually heard a pop for his entrance. it was small, but that was progress.

its gonna be gradual. they kinda just tossed him in his current position, as the last time the fans had remembered him, he was this heel on ECW, and now this guy (who is still kind of a nobody) is showing up as some strong force on Raw. but it seems fans are getting used to it.

i like him. i like his look, i think he's good in the ring, i think there's a certain charisma with him, but with all that said, he won't end up in the main event or anything. i like what they're doing with him right now, i'd personally enjoy a strong IC/US title run somewhere down the line.

·
3,830 Posts
last monday was the FIRST time i actually heard a pop for his entrance. it was small, but that was progress.

its gonna be gradual. they kinda just tossed him in his current position, as the last time the fans had remembered him, he was this heel on ECW, and now this guy (who is still kind of a nobody) is showing up as some strong force on Raw. but it seems fans are getting used to it.

i like him. i like his look, i think he's good in the ring, i think there's a certain charisma with him, but with all that said, he won't end up in the main event or anything. i like what they're doing with him right now, i'd personally enjoy a strong IC/US title run somewhere down the line.
Ima have to disagree with that. I honestly think he will end up in the ME later on down the line. He has a long way to go but I think he will be there.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
He needs to DOMINATE more people, gradually build him up from Squash matches so the fans can come to care for him, also a couple of segments where he has a mic would help, and probably a mini feud with a heel who's not doing a lot, although no one springs to mind at the moment. Regal would be perfect if he was around.

·
Santina's Lover
4,216 Posts
He needs to DOMINATE more people, gradually build him up from Squash matches so the fans can come to care for him, also a couple of segments where he has a mic would help, and probably a mini feud with a heel who's not doing a lot, although no one springs to mind at the moment. Regal would be perfect if he was around.
He could do a minifeud with one of the Nexus guys. I think Heath Slater would be a good match, hell even Otunga. Actually scrap Otunga, could you imagine the matches.....

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
Ima have to disagree with that. I honestly think he will end up in the ME later on down the line. He has a long way to go but I think he will be there.
history disagrees with you, and is the main reason i don't see it happening.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Yeah the crowd's been reacting positively to Big Zeke.

But I don't wanna see him with any championships or even Main Eventing. I'm not a big fan of HUGE BUFFED guys.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Big Zeke is awesome, this guy has tremendeous presence, i love when he destroys jobbers yet still smiling all the time, it just screams badass. I think a face turn really changes my view on him, i personally like him much better as a babyface, it suits him more, he's just naturally a likable guy and the crowds have slowly started to notice him, so yeah he's progressing, i think. Actually he can have a proper wrestling match if he's given the right opponent, like Christian for example (their ECW matches were pretty good), they don't need to rush his big push (if he'll get one), i'm quite enjoying what they're doing with him at the moment.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I don't get why this guy is a face and doing squash matches. The only reason he is face is because he smiles a lot?????
He is still garbage in the ring, and looks hideous. Can't wait until this massive piece of crap is fired.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts