Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was this ppv as good as many say it was

MITB was the ppv of the year last year, can the same be said for extreme rules so far, was it better than mania, is it worth getting even if its not blu ray

·
Registered
409 Posts
Actually bar the main event, i preferred Over the Limit to Extreme Rules this year. Was great to see Christian return and win the IC title and generally was a more entertaining event.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
It's worth it for D-Bryan-Sheamus if you haven't seen it. Brock-Cena is one of those matches that you just have to see because it's so unique.

It doesn't have as hot of a crowd as MITB and it doesn't have the special feel that MITB had around it but it's good in other ways. It's a better all-round pay-per view than MITB was.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
It was a great PPV. I feel people overrate Sheamus/Daniel Bryan (even though it was still good) but Lesnar/Cena was exciting as fuck for a PPV main event.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I'd say that WrestleMania 28 really delivered with Undertaker/Triple H once again producing a Match Of The Year contender, Punk/Jericho being great and obviously Cena/Rock just being on the card whilst Orton/Kane was better than i expected it to be. Extreme Rules was very good and is every bit for 2012 what Money In The Bank was for 2011 and Cena/Lesnar was a great and brutal match up, Punk/Jericho was again great, Orton/Kane was better due to the gimmick match and Sheamus/Danielson was brilliant but the rematches didn't seem as they did at WrestleMania nor was the crowd as good as WrestleMania either but that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Extreme Rules was for the best so far this year. Funny how a few good matches, culminating with an exciting main event seems to outshine PPV's where there can be classics but the main event leaves you deflated and puts a negative light over the rest of the show.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Yes it's PPV of the year, yes it's better than Mania (far), yes it's worth getting even if it's not on Blu Ray.

TBH, I'm stoked, because HMV says it's released today on DVD where I'm at, and if it's there, there's not a chance in hell I don't pick it up. I gotta buy that PPV, that was awesome.

·
Registered
300 Posts
WM28 was awesome, but Extreme Rules was just as good, if not better. Basically, it was mostly rematches from WM28. Tbh however, Extreme Rules marked the beginning of me not watching WWE programming religiously anymore. The Lesnar/Cena fight was brutal and awesome, but the simple fact that Cena won just completely made me stop caring about WWE.

I felt that WWE did such a splendid job w/ WM28, but that Cena winning at ER was a reminder that Cena would always be that man and than things would never change, which they haven't.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
The top 3 matches for Extreme Rules are overall better than the top 3 matches for Wrestlemania.

And tbh there is really nothing worth seeing undercard wise on either show.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I could write out my full thoughts but then it'll be easier for me and you if you just watch this...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts