Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoilers indicate that Vince McMahon is going to be revealed as being "behind" Big Show getting into the building on Raw and having some sort of agenda against The Authority to set up his long-rumoured feud against Triple H that will lead to a match at WrestleMania 30.

The question is - why would Vince set this up? How do you think WWE will explain it? The last time we saw Vince on TV, he was praising Triple H for "seeing the light" after screwing Daniel Bryan out of the WWE Championship. He then randomly disappeared from television, only to seemingly return against him.

I know it's WWE guys...but SOME LOGIC. Please!

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
Jealousy? OR HHH is so obsessed with what is "Good for Business" that he's making decisions that are bad for business. This will be the least of their problems. At the end of the day we still have to sit through HHH vs Big Slow.

·
Lurking. Always lurking.
4,725 Posts
I have an idea, why don't we shoot down a storyline that hasn't even happened yet before they can even TRY to make it sound plausible?
You know, because we don't have enough things to bitch about that have actually happened...

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Continuation of the storyline with Triple H slowly taking over Vince's authority role. In terms of consistency it's that and Vince having a tendency to deceive. Simple as that.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Trips and Steph on a power trip = Vince realising that Bryan being champion may not be so bad after all. Simples.
Except Vince's entire on screen career as the boss has been nothing BUT power trips, hence he needed to be on tv this whole time to explain WHY his mind would suddenly be changed. Him showing up and being a babyface is not going to cut it. Maybe for the casuals who don't give a shit about logic it doesn't matter, but it does matter.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
Everything Triple H did was to prove himself to his father-in-law and carry out his wishes. So, why would Vince be pissed?

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
i'm worried about our future if Triple H is always getting into the ring wrestling in every big angle going forward. Feel bad for the people in NXT, how could you create a superstar if pushs get derailed constantly.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Except Vince's entire on screen career as the boss has been nothing BUT power trips, hence he needed to be on tv this whole time to explain WHY his mind would suddenly be changed. Him showing up and being a babyface is not going to cut it. Maybe for the casuals who don't give a shit about logic it doesn't matter, but it does matter.
Never said Vince wasn't a hypocrite haha. Truthfully the best sense would be for Shane to come back imo. I don't expect it but at least he hasn't been a heel in the last 2 months :p

·
Administrator
59,226 Posts
It's way more simple than you think. Vince simply has a change of heart and feels like H and Steph are abusing their power.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Never said Vince wasn't a hypocrite haha. Truthfully the best sense would be for Shane to come back imo. I don't expect it but at least he hasn't been a heel in the last 2 months :p
Well, he can't be a hypocrite if this story is going to make any sense. What any competent wrestling company would've done is kept Vince on tv this whole time, and at the beginning, he'd be fully on board with Triple H and Stephanie, but gradually, every week, they'd start to have little disagreements, which leads to bigger disagreements, then a full on blow up at the right time, where they could EXPLAIN (there's a word you'll never hear as their word of the month, ala abeyance. Although maybe I'm wrong, considering they have to constantly explain to people with smartphones how to download apps as if it wasn't fucking obvious) why his views were changing, but since everybody in power in WWE is an idiot, things never get solved or explained to the audience, and they think everybody forgets or will just ignore what happened 2 months ago, so we end up with nonsensical stories, unsatisfying payoffs, lower PPV buys, lower ratings, lower quarters and a lot of angry fans who just want a little bit of fucking consistency but this time in a way that's actually good.

Ironically enough, this storyline is bad for business. Very bad.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I think it's supposed to be that Vince perhaps think's that HHH and Steph have abused their power and taken things too far, HHH is also acting as if he owns the place, when Vince is still the owner. As for him defending Bryan, from a storyline perspective, maybe Bryan has proved Vince wrong.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
easy

triple h and steph are overstepping their authority

they think they own wwe and are going way past what vince wanted them to do

so vince comes back "I'M STILL THE BOSS" or whatever

that's the simplest and least dumb reason for vince to come back against them

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
HHH and Steph are pushing him out the door, Vince ain't ready to go.

IRL I had a patient once who was the owner of a fairly large company and his son and daughter forced him to step down as CEO and he had a total mental breakdown. It was kind of sad to witness. He kept saying the same five or six things over and over again. Something about "My name is HIPAA Jackson, you can ask Sheriff SoandSo who I am" and "Is it April Fool's? Is it April Fool's?"

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Well, he can't be a hypocrite if this story is going to make any sense. What any competent wrestling company would've done is kept Vince on tv this whole time, and at the beginning, he'd be fully on board with Triple H and Stephanie, but gradually, every week, they'd start to have little disagreements, which leads to bigger disagreements, then a full on blow up at the right time, where they could EXPLAIN (there's a word you'll never hear as their word of the month, ala abeyance. Although maybe I'm wrong, considering they have to constantly explain to people with smartphones how to download apps as if it wasn't fucking obvious) why his views were changing, but since everybody in power in WWE is an idiot, things never get solved or explained to the audience, and they think everybody forgets or will just ignore what happened 2 months ago, so we end up with nonsensical stories, unsatisfying payoffs, lower PPV buys, lower ratings, lower quarters and a lot of angry fans who just want a little bit of fucking consistency but this time in a way that's actually good.

Ironically enough, this storyline is bad for business. Very bad.
I reckon they went away from that simply because they want Vince's face turn to be a bombshell, a shock. So they're keeping him away. Doing that though as you say just goes from A-to-B without the story in between so hopefully WWE can explain Vince's motivation for his change of heart sufficiently once it happens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts