Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Post McMahon Era
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WrestleZone has exclusively learned that in more than one creative meeting over the past two weeks, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon has informed the writers that he wants Smackdown to be "treated as the number one brand," including opening up the possibility of more trades in order to strengthen the brand.

McMahon feels that a sub-par rating for Smackdown on SyFy would injure WWE's standing with NBC-U, who McMahon is looking to for help in launching the proposed WWE Network. While some on the writing staff are actually trying to come up with scenarios that would include trades or Smackdown getting more exposure (like winning the battle royal tonight on Raw), others on the writing staff have not jumped at this latest "fire alarm" (as a creative team member described it tonight), saying "this is just how Vince reacts to pressure. He says this about all major groups and factions.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
seriously stop posting wrestlezone shit are you guys really that gullible??

< i actually made that face when I saw WrestleZone (even though I knew it would as soon as I saw the ridiculous thread title)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got the feeling they've been trying to get Smackdown over a bit more. I just hope they'll make the brands more equal.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
if the report is true, i wana know why the wwe is content on changing that sd roster. the roster is fine. when the guys came over from raw on the debut, the ratings were not as high as you would have thought they should be with all the so called big names coming over. sd has its own loyal fan base and doesn't wana see the big name raw guys come over and turn the show into more entertainment than wrestling. the roster that sd has provides great wrestling for the company and the fan base is loyal to the wrestling aspect of the wrestling business. people want to watch wrestling and sd is the show that provides them with great wrestling matches. raw is entertainment and tna has the spot guys, not too much traditional wrestling on that show. with the current sd roster viewership has increased for the last two weeks without the help of the raw guys. leave sd alone and let them provide a show with the roster that they have.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
surprised wrestlezone isnt banned here yet.
Bad idea to do that, how else would we be able to recognise the unsubstantiated rumours some people post here as the 100%, grade A bullshit that they are? :rolleyes:

I mean yes, you could take the view that this applies to all rumours and wouldn't be far off the mark but there is sometimes an element of truth to some of them. Wrestlezone has nothing but BS and it's useful to see it's garbage posted here.

·
Banned
132 Posts
Just trade mark henry if he's that desperate for ratings!

:rolleyes:
Lmao, I'd love to see "Ratings" Mark Henry doing segements on how he boosts ratings similar to Rhodes Dashing promo's, would be hilarious if he adopted it as a new gimmick. Much better then the Worlds Strongest Man(About 14 years ago)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts