Wrestling Forum banner
101 - 120 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
23,259 Posts
Well well well AEW fans, with Danielson signed, sealed and delivered and CM Punk allegedly on his way we may just have another pro wrasslin war on our hands.

Despite what some might think I'm firmly on the AEW side, it's clobbering time, yes! yes! yes!
I know its complete overkill but imagine if they also signed Brock LOL

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Signing Punk/DB would be the equivalent of Nash/Hall. Game changer!
Not even remotely similar. Both Punk and Danielson are older then Hall and Nash were.

Nash was a recent former champion and Hall was a recent IC champion jumping at the height of their popularity. Punk hasn't wrestled in 6 years, was humiliated in MMA and his stock is possibly the lowest its been. Danielson won't be able to use the name which made him famous, has a long history of concussions, is more limited in the ring and has to protect himself, hasn't been popular for around 6 years.

You can dress it up however you like, but neither are game changers.

·
Premium Member
WF Legend
8,307 Posts
Not even remotely similar. Both Punk and Danielson are older then Hall and Nash were.

Nash was a recent former champion and Hall was a recent IC champion jumping at the height of their popularity. Punk hasn't wrestled in 6 years, was humiliated in MMA and his stock is possibly the lowest its been. Danielson won't be able to use the name which made him famous, has a long history of concussions, is more limited in the ring and has to protect himself, hasn't been popular for around 6 years.

Come on brother, it's exciting news and both guys will boost ratings if used properly.

The real question is can TK use them properly

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Come on brother, it's exciting news and both guys will boost ratings if used properly.

The real question is can TK use them properly
If it's all true then I don't think tk use of them will be an issue because I can see both guys having a massive amount of creative freedom and I trust both punk and bryan have the right wrestling minds to deliver creatively.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
This is not the rebirth of monday night wars/nwo 2.0 but if punk and bryan were to join then this would be the closest thing to mnw/nwo era since that era of wrestling.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts

Dude, Bryan just main evented Wrestlemania this year. Punk's return is the second biggest prize other than Brock Lesnar in sports-entertainment. Look at the buzz Edge created from his return from retirement.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Nice, great that he can potentially do NJPW as well. Bryan as future IWGP US champ defending in both AEW and NJPW (& Strong) and hopefully will be in this year's G1 as its happening end of the year. He'd actually be one of the strong favourites to win as NJPW is lacking in upper card at the moment due to injuries. Bryan vs Okada, Naito, Tanahashi, Shingo, Ibushi, White and Ospreay would be epic, plus you have interesting match ups vs Zack Sabre Jr, Taichi, Suzuki, Evil etc.

Then on AEW side Vs Omega, Cody, Moxley, Jericho, MJF, Black, Darby, Archer and even Miro would all be fresh.

Bryan also showed in WWE that he can play both top face and (Eco) Heel so he'll help bring a lot eyes to the company.

·
Registered
11,226 Posts
Dammit I have been trying so hard to not be excited for this. These reports aren't making things any easier for me. I will shit on pwinsider forever if this "confirmed report" turns out to be bullshit.
i’m with you, if this is not true - pwinsider will deserve all the venom

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Can’t believe six years ago we were talking about Daniel Bryan’s retirement and that he would never wrestle again.
And he would have stayed retired had he not taken a stand when his contract ended with WWE and threatened to leave for NJPW if they didn't let him wrestle. He went out of his way see multiple non WWE doctors to get cleared and even then WWE wasn't clearing him.

I have always believed Bryan's condition wasn't as bad as WWE labelled it. They did it to get him out of the way to get Roman cheered as the top guy.

They did same with Sting.

Daniel Bryan has wrestled great matches for years in WWE since his return and seems healthy. Sting looks healthy for his age and gave a great performance at DoN.

There are literally no limit to how much petty Vince and co can get to get what they want.

Also someone mentioned WWE leaking this news. I wouldn't put it past them. SRS from fightful released this on Punks status with AEW:
Fightful has not officially confirmed this report with CM Punk himself or All Elite Wrestling officials. We have been told in recent days that higher ups in WWE believe that Punk is headed to AEW.
These incompetent losers can't create good surprises anymore and even if they do they can't sustain it. So they are ruining it for AEW too now. NXT couldn't do shit so I guess this is their new plan.

101 - 120 of 354 Posts