Wrestling Forum banner
81 - 100 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
29,872 Posts
i’ll still be surprised - cause i don’t believe it :D
Yup certain shit is so big and important even a spoiler can't spoil it lol. Bryan and Punk could live stream themselves in an AEW practicing their debuts in new Bryan and Punk AEW branded merch and it still would feel like "holy shit" when they actually walked out on TV.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I highly doubt the addition of Bryan or Punk would mean other wrestlers get “demoted.” No wrestler appears on “Dynamite” each and every week. For example, today there was no Young Bucks, Cody, Malakai Black, Eddie Kingston, Ethan Page, Scorpio Sky and Matt Hardy.

Bryan and Punk would simply be added to the rotation.

I like this approach. I like having different wrestlers on every week. Keeps the shows fresh and fun.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I highly doubt the addition of Bryan or Punk would mean other wrestlers get “demoted.” No wrestler appears on “Dynamite” each and every week. For example, today there was no Young Bucks, Cody, Malakai Black, Eddie Kingston, Ethan Page, Scorpio Sky and Matt Hardy.

Bryan and Punk would simply be added to the rotation.

I like this approach. I like having different wrestlers on every week. Keeps the shows fresh and fun.
I agree. AEW with DB/Punk would be building a Raw 99/00 deep pool of talent where it feels like 7-8 different acts could be main eventing.

MJF
Jericho
Omega
Punk
Bryan
Darby
Page
Moxley
Young Bucks
Britt Baker

Contrast that in WWE 2000 which could feature:

Steve Austin
Vince McMahon
Rock
Undertaker
Mick Foley
HHH
Kurt Angle
Kane
Dudleys/Hardys/Edge & Christian
Trish/Lita

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Sure he was. Their peaks were not in high popularity times. And neither come close to the star power of Scott Hall in the nWo.
Why would that matter? Hall was an upper mid carder in the early - mid 90's, how his career played out afterwards is irrelevant.

Bryan and Punk in 2021 are both bigger names than Scott Hall circa 1996.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
15,164 Posts
I agree. AEW with DB/Punk would be building a Raw 99/00 deep pool of talent where it feels like 7-8 different acts could be main eventing.

MJF
Jericho
Omega
Punk
Bryan
Darby
Page
Moxley
Britt Baker
JEEZ, that's without even mentioning the likes of Cody Rhodes, Christian Cage, Malakai Black, Pac, Andrade El Idolo, Eddie Kingston, Lance Archer, Miro, Orange Cassidy, Sammy Guevara, Ricky Starks, Matt Hardy, Jungle Boy, Brian Cage, Dustin Rhodes, Young Bucks, Lucha Bros, Proud & Powerful, FTR, Thunder Rosa, Serena Deeb, Riho, Hikaru Shida, Kris Statlander, Yuka Sakazaki, and Tay Conti who would ALL add to the upper card too.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
So I guess OC and Darby and other guys main event push ends just like that. DB is the main event now

·
Registered
642 Posts
Think this is a good move for Bryan as he'll get the freedom to do as he pleases in terms of wrestling dates. Not sure if this is really a game changer for AEW.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I disagree. It’s not just for a cheap pop. Bryan in particular has so much to give

My favourite wrestler in AEW. I’m so happy and it’s not even confirmed 🤣
but if he is gonna go to japan anytime he wants that restricts how AEW can use him, hence cheap occasional pop

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Can absolutely seeing this happening. He wants freedom and a gateway to wrestle in Japan. There are new people to wrestle in AEW, he will get creative control and tons more beside. Just surprised it would leak, could just be to boost ratings as he could turn up at any point.

·
Registered
23,257 Posts
I just realized......the chants aren't quite the same of the old "Daniel Bryan"......to "Bryan Danielson" LOL

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
The Japan part of the story is making me think this is real. Bryan has always wanted to participate in a G1 Climax Tournament. This might be his opportunity of continuing to work in the States near his family, but still, live out his dream by being part of a G1.

Bryan in a G1 has me super excited. The matches he could have! Naito, Ibushi, Tanahashi, Okada, Ospreay, Shingo, Ishii, White, Suzuki, Hiromu, Kenta, Sabre Jr, !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
23,257 Posts
I mentioned this i think in a different thread, but he better choose some safe workers, i worry moreso about him in AEW since there's more risky moves and people who aren't as safe as in WWE.

·
Registered
657 Posts
The Japan part of the story is making me think this is real. Bryan has always wanted to participate in a G1 Climax Tournament. This might be his opportunity of continuing to work in the States near his family, but still, live out his dream by being part of a G1.

Bryan in a G1 has me super excited. The matches he could have! Naito, Ibushi, Tanahashi, Okada, Ospreay, Shingo, Ishii, White, Suzuki, Hiromu, Kenta, Sabre Jr, !!!!!!!!!!!!
yea definitely wanna see him in the G1 after his neck surgeries and concussions. I'd rather him stay at home

·
Premium Member
WF Legend
8,307 Posts
Well well well AEW fans, with Danielson signed, sealed and delivered and CM Punk allegedly on his way we may just have another pro wrasslin war on our hands.

Despite what some might think I'm firmly on the AEW side, it's clobbering time, yes! yes! yes!

81 - 100 of 354 Posts