·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E.g.

1. Hot crowds
2. Ratings
3. WHAT!

Keep it short and sweet, but creative. (I know mine are are anything but creative!)

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Austin, HHH, Undertaker, Rock and of course the McMahons were awesome characters.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
1. Ruthless Agression
2. Bitching
3. WHAT?

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Not including wrestlers?

Well that's a bit hard; are we allowed to include spots like Fully Loaded 2000 with the cage match? Or is everything aside from anything to do with wrestler)?

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
1. Crowds Involvement

For me, having a poor crowd is like having a chocolate chip cookie with out the chocolate chips, it doesn't work. The signs, the chants, it could be because everyone had a character that you either loved or hated but they really gave the product that great feel and it happened every week.

2. Commentary

This is a close second to be fair. The commentary duo of King and Jim Ross gave us numerous memorable moments from "That's it, he's dead" to "You son of a bitch" to "BAH GAWD" they make moments happen with just words and for that it deserves a place.

3. Character development

Seeing a superstar come from hardly anything (Rocky Maivia, Steve Austin, Triple H etc.) and then form into these larger than life characters is what I loved most about the Attitude Era, they developed. There was a lot of characters during the Attitude Era, you obviously had The Undertaker, Kane, Val Venis, Ken Shamrock, The Godfather etc. etc. Something I definitely miss around the WWE.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
1. Great Storylines
2. Great fueds
3. Developed Characters

For ALL superstars on TV (and divas to an extent) rather than just the few top guys

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not including wrestlers?

Well that's a bit hard; are we allowed to include spots like Fully Loaded 2000 with the cage match? Or is everything aside from anything to do with wrestler)?
Just anything that pops into your mind. How about,

1. The Rock electrifying Lillian with the people's strudel.
2. The Worm.
3. Genetic jackhammer.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
1. Fully developed characters.
2. Fully developed characters.
3. Fully developed characters.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Royal Rumble(all of them)
Awesome backstage segments.
Them fucking pops!

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
1) Puppies
2) Childhood ;(
3) "The jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazing, eye brow raising, the best in the present, future and past, and if yall dont like me you can kiss the peoples ass!"

·
Registered
213 Posts
W.O.R.M
“Oh you didn’t know? Your ass better call somebody!”
“By god almighty! By god almighty! He killed him! As god as my witness he is broken in half!”

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
1. Practically everyone on the roster has a character and purpose, mid-card storylines were developed properly.

2. Sunday Night Heat was worth watching and not almost completely irrelevant like the current minor shows.

3. More titles and activity around them (European, Hardcore etc).

·
Registered
517 Posts
1. Whole arena; young, old, man, woman, kids, everybody chanting with Road Dogg "Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages..", and then everybody screaming "SUCK IT!". It still gives me chills when I watch old episodes of RAW IS WAR.
2. Great commentary - JR was awesome. But even Cole with heel Lawrer were cool, I always loved how Lawrer bashed Cole for not respecting Rocky ("Stand up and applaude, Michael Cole!").
3. Bloody, brutal and AWESOME matches.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts