Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with the excessively long load times. It takes a good two to three minutes to load any page on this site, and I am not exaggerating. I've gone to other sites and I have absolutely no problem. The page comes right up. Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me?

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
To be posting this you must have 56K?

I have Cable, so it's not slow for me. If you have sigs enabled, they have to load everytime you refresh a page. I used to disable them. That's why we don't like users having big sigs, or too many gifs in them. If you have a thread that's got 20 or so replies, and each user has a sig or 2 it'll take a while to load. Make sure you're not running too many programs at once, it could be your computer being slow. My Ram is shit which can make things slow.
Even with my connection I have noticed it's a bit slower loading, but not by much. Maybe just different features of the board.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've tried to close the window and re-open it. That dosen't help at all.
It can't be the sigs or # of replys that are slowing me down. If I go to the Forum home it loads just as slowly. I don't have any other programs running, so that can't be it. And, I have Road Runner, which is high-speed internet. This is got me confused, because like I said it is just this site.

Mabye Nitemare will be able to help when he gets on in the morning.

EDIT: Cool, it's not nearly as bad now. Atleast I only have to wait 10 seconds now. A vast improvement.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
^^^Try downloading and using Netscape. It is noticeably faster than other browsers.

N

·
0 Posts
Flash said:
^^^Try downloading and using Netscape. It is noticeably faster than other browsers.
Yeah, and it has problem reading other pages, such as scripting or even tables...

Anyway, I would assume it has to do with our advertisers. That's the only thing it really could have been, unless Amish mysteriously got on and rebooted, but no one else seemed to have the problem.

·
Better Than You
14,206 Posts
Eh, it takes a while for the page l'm looking at the show up, but l don't really mind.

·
Laughter is just surpressing depression
3,614 Posts
It's called 56k. Get rid of it...and go to high speed. Then you will no longer have that problem.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have broadband and since the forum changed the pages do take longer to upload.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts