Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Looks like Excalibur didn't want to draw attention to himself.
Backstage News On Excalibur Missing AEW Dynamite Following Unearthed Racist Promo
I’m glad that apparently it was his own decision. I was afraid he might be fired or something. I really enjoy Excalibur.

This level of cancel culture is beyond ridiculous.

Ric Flair called Rocky King “boy.”

Harley Race called Ron Simmons “boy.”

The Freebirds called JYD “boy.”

Those were all intentional to draw heat.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,155 Posts
I’m glad that apparently it was his own decision. I was afraid he might be fired or something. I really enjoy Excalibur.

This level of cancel culture is beyond ridiculous.

Ric Flair called Rocky King “boy.”

Harley Race called Ron Simmons “boy.”

The Freebirds called JYD “boy.”

Those were all intentional to draw heat.
But notice, even in the South, at a time when racism was far more acceptable they didn't say ni99er for cheap heat. If they knew better back then why didn't Excalibur know better when he did it?

Or maybe I'm off base, maybe they didn't say ni99er because it might've gotten them face pops.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Oh for crying out loud.
My guess is that he had no idea that years later society would become so pathetically weak that people would start digging up the past to find reasons to be offended.

Edit: Sorry. My reply was meant for Chris JeriGOAT.

·
Registered
22,682 Posts
Still not bothered by the promo. But the fact Tony Khan has gone dead silent about this is fucking hilarious. He was on that fuck Linda and Hulk train loud and proud, now he just has nothing to say. Kind of confirms that the Linda and Hulk shit was for PRpoints

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Still not bothered by the promo. But the fact Tony Khan has gone dead silent about this is fucking hilarious. He was on that fuck Linda and Hulk train loud and proud, now he just has nothing to say. Kind of confirms that the Linda and Hulk shit was for PRpoints
Maybe you should give him a call or send him an e-mail to ask how he feels about it.

·
Angry at refs
3,235 Posts
I don't understand how this has turned into Actors getting ing trouble for things they say on script to progress the story.

The idea is to hate the bad guy. He's supposed to say stuff to make you mad at him - but once the camera is off get over it
Pretty much this. I don't see people giving Leonardo DiCaprio shit in 2020 for using the N-word in Django.
As long as all parties agree and it's in kayfabe, I've got no issue. It's shitty, but they shouldn't be punished for it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
But notice, even in the South, at a time when racism was far more acceptable they didn't say ni99er for cheap heat. If they knew better back then why didn't Excalibur know better when he did it?

Or maybe I'm off base, maybe they didn't say ni99er because it might've gotten them face pops.
Yea I don't think it has ever been said by wrestlers even in the south even going back to the far past the 50s, etc...Cause there was a sort of code of conduct that you had to abide to esp. for TV. Back then wrestling was seen as real and was seen like any other sport, it was Americana, the American dream, apple pie and all that stuff. It had to be clean and have a certain image.

Excalibur and KO said that to get cheap heat. It was a small non-televised indy show.

The issue there is more about booking. If Booker had won I don't think there'd be anywhere near as much of an issue over it.
At the same time when a heel Champ do something awful is to create heat for people to buy this show cause they want him to get his ass beat, it is not made so he has to lose. The goal was to make us hate HHH and want Booker to win and they succeeded. Everyone thought Booker was going to win and so the WWE succeeded at drawing us in. The result does not matter.

My main issue was that I was sad that Booker did not win. Cause if there was ever a time for him to win the big one, it was for that match. But WWE judged that Hunter was the bigger draw. The Reign of Terror just damaged them beyond repair.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
My guess is that he had no idea that years later society would become so pathetically weak that people would start digging up the past to find reasons to be offended.

Edit: Sorry. My reply was meant for Chris JeriGOAT.
Kind of this.

Would I be correct in assuming most of us on here are 25+? Think back to when we were kids there was never any of this cancel culture garbage. Your mates could call you a fag or a retard without it really being offensive because you knew they were just clowning around and didn't really mean any negativity towards homosexuals or mentally challenged people

Nowadays in schools if you call someone a fag or a retard you would probably end up getting suspended and thrown into some kind of sensitivity training.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
BS.

Don’t be marks.

AEW are just saying it was his decision because they want to protect his reputation and get him back ASAP.

They’ll just make it appear like they’re punishing him.

They have to.

Either pretend to punish him or apologise to Hulk Hogan, etc and admit their own conduct is flawed, which they won’t do.

AEW dug their own hole... now it’s just a question of “who’s next?”

I’m tipping JR will be cancelled soon - he’s old, from the south, and has millions of hours of recorded audio out there.

There’s nothing you can do JR, most likely.... you’re next!

If it was his own decision he would’ve owned up to it BEFORE it went viral.

He got cancelled, Tony Kahn thought “oh shit, we’ll say you voluntarily stepped down” and then they told their media buddies Excalibur made the decision not to appear on the show.

Who didn’t see this coming? It would be glorious if Tony Kahn gets cancelled next for something he said out of context in the 1990’s when he watched the attitude era.

·
Registered
9,558 Posts
But but what about me

1 - 20 of 53 Posts