Wrestling Forum banner

Example:The Whole F'N Show

2453 Views 29 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  icedtea
We go on how there should be less talking and more wrestling

I know the format was swapped around to gives us Hardcore Justice(puke) but maybe thats why it worked. If i had paid for this show i would feel ripped off but it was free tv.

Many consider this the best episode of impact ever. they say that because they had a lineup of great matches;

RVD vs Abyss, Angle vs AJ, Jeff Hardy vs Shannon,Matt morgan vs dinero vs Kennedy,MCMG vs Beer Money though there was still stupid stuff throughout this show

they STFU stopped all this irrelavant crap about WCW politics, Shadow Cabinets of the TNA Championship commitee, Ranking systems and mystery oppodents and LET THE WRESTLERS DO WHAT THEY DO BEST,

OH DARN!! The simpilest of wrestling formulas worked!!

Seriously can we make it any more clear to everyone!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Banned
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
promos >>>>>>> wrestling its that simple
well you've made my job easier by being honest. you sir are not a wrestling fan, so stop calling yourself that

its as easy as saying "wrestling isnt real" or "wrestling is scripted gymnastics" or "wrestling is gay" the fore thought, attitude and mentality should be nothing like that if you were a grapple fan

· Registered
419 Posts
Promos draw them in but great wrestling keeps them coming back.
Correct. Which is a big issue with today's climate in wrestling. There's a huge balancing act between the two, and both companies (in fact, nearly every company) struggle with this balance.

The degree of difficulty a company has with this act sometimes shows the state of the company's product, itself.

· Registered
2,605 Posts
well you've made my job easier by being honest. you sir are not a wrestling fan, so stop calling yourself that

its as easy as saying "wrestling isnt real" or "wrestling is scripted gymnastics" or "wrestling is gay" the fore thought, attitude and mentality should be nothing like that if you were a grapple fan
I'm not a wrestling fan cause i gave u facts

· Premium Member
46,617 Posts
Well keep in mind that The Whole F'n Show was basically a free PPV which we got because of the decision to do the ECW Reunion show.

That kind of format isn't going to work every single week. You'll burn out every feud and match in a couple of months doing that.

My take, I think its time to go back to basics. One of the complaints against Impact is that the matches are too short. When you have Kazarian Vs. RVD and it only goes 3 minutes, that is a very fair complaint. If TNA is in a position where they have to do short matches, then here's my solution. Why not go back to squash matches? Why not have guys establish their move sets & score wins over local no names? You get wrestling action on your show, it allows the guys on the main roster to look good, and its a way to work around time restraints because those matches have to be short by design. Maybe have a main event for each hour that is a real match, but try to keep it mostly squash matches.

People will complain on the net, but like I said, I think it would be easier to work within the time restraints that TNA has (WWE has 5 hours of programming building to 1 PPV, TNA has 2...big difference) and I think they could have an easier time telling whatever stories they want to tell with their feuds.

If you have a big match that you want to do on TV, then spend a few weeks building it up. TNA spending 3-4 episodes building up the Anderson/Hardy Rematch = VERY GOOD IDEA! Yeah they are giving away a potential PPV main event BUT they still built it up on TV and directed their shows to a destination point. I had no problem with that.

TNA completely hot shotting RVD Vs. Hardy for the title was stupid. ZERO build up. The match was announced online and made on the show. Why did it not draw a big rating? Well I'm willing to bet its because hardly anybody knew it was happening.

But yeah I think going back to jobber squashes, building up big TV matches when you do big TV matches, & having a plan or destination for where you want to take the stories (long term planning? what is this you speak of?!) would make the show more acceptable.

· Registered
2,114 Posts
Well keep in mind that The Whole F'n Show was basically a free PPV which we got because of the decision to do the ECW Reunion show.

That kind of format isn't going to work every single week. You'll burn out every feud and match in a couple of months doing that.

My take, I think its time to go back to basics. One of the complaints against Impact is that the matches are too short. When you have Kazarian Vs. RVD and it only goes 3 minutes, that is a very fair complaint. If TNA is in a position where they have to do short matches, then here's my solution. Why not go back to squash matches? Why not have guys establish their move sets & score wins over local no names? You get wrestling action on your show, it allows the guys on the main roster to look good, and its a way to work around time restraints because those matches have to be short by design. Maybe have a main event for each hour that is a real match, but try to keep it mostly squash matches.

People will complain on the net, but like I said, I think it would be easier to work within the time restraints that TNA has (WWE has 5 hours of programming building to 1 PPV, TNA has 2...big difference) and I think they could have an easier time telling whatever stories they want to tell with their feuds.
I would stop watching TNA if they went back to squash matches, hell the reason I turned off of WWF and went to WCW was because boring predictable squash matches pissed me off even at a very young age, I only started watching WCW because of Sting back in like 93 but stayed because of what I got to see on TV. I have always been a bigger fan of the stars beating mid carders and have your mid card heels win by cheating once in awhile or your mid card face winning because the heel runs off in the match or the heels cheating works against him. If you book it smartly there is no reason for wrestlers too look weak or rushed you just have to think it out ahead of time.

I would like to see more build ups to Impact match's and smaller feuds with some of there mid card guys and tag teams.

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
I'm like most people on here... I like a nice mixture of both. You don't have to be super at either as long as you're competent at both.

· Banned
8,974 Posts

If you have a big match that you want to do on TV, then spend a few weeks building it up. TNA spending 3-4 episodes building up the Anderson/Hardy Rematch = VERY GOOD IDEA! Yeah they are giving away a potential PPV main event BUT they still built it up on TV and directed their shows to a destination point. I had no problem with that.

TNA completely hot shotting RVD Vs. Hardy for the title was stupid. ZERO build up. The match was announced online and made on the show. Why did it not draw a big rating? Well I'm willing to bet its because hardly anybody knew it was happening.

But yeah I think going back to jobber squashes, building up big TV matches when you do big TV matches, & having a plan or destination for where you want to take the stories (long term planning? what is this you speak of?!) would make the show more acceptable.
I kind of agree with this. I think that every impact should have a big match that goes on for at least fifteen minutes every night. It doesn't have to be just main eventers either, they should mix it up by having midcard main events and not just the HW division competitors all of the time. It would be a great breath of fresh air and it would get the midcard guys over with the real main eventers. I know that the whole point of being a midcarder is to be in the midcard and away from the main event but who cares? Something needs to change because the formula now in wrestling is getting old and tired.

The only problem that I see that this could cause is that it would make the PPV's almost irrelevant. I would solve this by not having the competitors that are scheduled to face each other at the PPV fight on Impact and instead have random matches with random opponents for the main event to close out the show. They can still have buildup for the PPV matches with promos. I always hated how they would put the two opponents scheduled to face each other at a PPV have a short match against each other on Impact.

It would be great because fans would tune in every Thursday night expecting a big, lengthy, entertaining match at the end of the show.

· Registered
7,800 Posts
The Whole Fn show is a bad example, IMO the only matches of quality were BMI/MCMGs & Styles/Angle.
A show should be a mixture of both.

What does killing some nobody in 3 mins gonna do for a Jeff Hardy or RVD ?
have them cut a promo instead.
Give the squash matches to the wrestlers just coming into the company, then stop them when a they've made themselves known.

· Registered
2,140 Posts
In what world are promos > wrestling for ratings? What an absolute lack of understanding.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
The Whole F'N Show drew 1.1, which is bad for a 'PPV quality Impact'.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.