Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former WWE star Chuck Palumbo posted the following on his Twitter account:

"2 fans asked me how much a wrestler makes over at TNA today, when I told them the "average mid carder"is makin less than 500 a match...no hotels .....they couldn't believe it.. That's before taxes and expenses and paying your own health insurance.... They were like holyshit...we better stay in school.. I said "good idea." That's not a knock on the boys....I respect their passion....the wrestling companies take advantage of their passion!"

http://nodq.com/tna/295484175.shtml

In regards to this, it really made me wonder how much the lower cards are making, and how they are able to survive on such low salary.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Well honestly, how much do they deserve? I don't follow TNA but don't they mainly just do all of their stuff in one location? You're working their one show and PPVs and that's about it.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Well honestly, how much do they deserve? I don't follow TNA but don't they mainly just do all of their stuff in one location? You're working their one show and PPVs and that's about it.
Exactly, and as far as I know as stated TNA let you work other indy promotions very leniently, as long as dates don't clash or you're not an integral part of a story line you're free to work every night of the week.

Come back and tell me indy salaries from the bottom end of the food chain then i'll think about sympathising.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Out of curiosity, how much does a midcard make in terms of Indy shows? I'm suspecting it's even less than at TNA. It's a shame that they are only making that little at TNA, which I guess is why most people jump to WWE despite potentially jeopardizing their image.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
As someone that does a decent amount of business trips, I'm pretty sure wrestlers write the travel off as a business expense. Plus if you fly an airline like Spirit Air, the tickets are remarlably cheap (I've flown down there for as little as $65.00 round trip). Also,there are plenty of inexpensive places to stay that are nearby Universal Studios.

That being said, the WWE doesn't expense their wrestlers for their flights either or cover their insurance and their schedules are pretty strict. If you are an established wrestler that saved their money the schedule is a better alternative.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Also dont forget that talent working on national TV with TNA will be worth more when doing indy dates, therefore by being on tv they will automatically receive more money from performing indy dates.Also theres all the house shows tna run which theyll probably receive more for than they would working indy dates and these are more consistent, reliable and generally safer than indy promoters, overall not a bad living. bottom run talent may struggle more however

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
If they are not not happy with their salaries...all they have to do is leave.
That can be easier said than done.

As someone that does a decent amount of business trips, I'm pretty sure wrestlers write the travel off as a business expense.
I don't know if they can because they're independent contractors, rather than employees.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Unless you are a top name its obvious you wont make big money (and that doesn't matter what company your in) but as a mid and lower card wrestler you should be able to make a living especially since you would probably be subsidising your TNA money with Indy work

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
and he would know this how? having you know not wrestled for TNA!

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
and he would know this how? having you know not wrestled for TNA!
He probably has friends who work in the company and tell him a bunch of shit you won't read in dirt sheets. I'd take Palumbo's word for it.

I still guess that TNA can't afford to pay all of their acts what they're really worth. They pick and choose. And most of the times they choose guys who used to be worth a damn. So it's a combination of bad judgment and financial incapability.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts