Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

EVOLVE Having Financial Issues, Sale of ‘Everything’ to WWE Rumored

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that EVOLVE has had major financial issues weekly and the cancellation of their planned Wrestlemania week shows was said to be ‘catastrophic’ for them. EVOLVE has yet to publicly comment.

However, the rumors is that EVOLVE may be looking to sell ‘pretty much everything’, including their tape library, to WWE. However, neither EVOLVE nor WWE have commented.

·
Registered
23,922 Posts
Well that's a potential reality when a company who used to run 2 shows a month can run shows anymore for months on end and can't sell tickets. Wouldn't surprise me if more companies like this eventually cease operations, only for new ones to rise out of the ashes when this pandemic ends.

Evolve might get lucky as Evolve has become the place where WWE will send a lot of guys who aren't ready for NXT TV or who they don't have room for on NXT TV yet to get work and experience. Guys like Dexter Lumis, The Street Profits, and others have done this.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Part of me saw this happening since a couple of years ago, the other part of me is wondering how WWE is able to afford this at the moment.

·
Registered
720 Posts
They take in 90% of all revenue while the wrestlers gets nothing.
They pay the wrestlers via a contract like most every other pro wrestling company. The wrestlers don't get more/less based on like ticket sales/ PPV sales..... like every other wrestling company. The wrestlers get paid an annual salary, with several wrestlers getting paid 7 figures plus royalities. Numerous wrestlers who don't even get used got paid 500K annually. So i think your post is a bit off.

As for Evolve.... it's probably the best move as they've basically been a shell of a promotion since there NXT involvement. Personally i will miss them a bit, as they came locally 3ish times a year... but there is just too many solid wrestling companies right now.

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

We reported Earlier this month that EVOLVE is not planning to hold any more events going forward and they were looking to sell ‘pretty much everything’ to WWE. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that while most of the details are unknown, EVOLVE is said to be done. It’s believed that it sold its library and other assets to WWE, although neither WWNLive nor WWE have confirmed the news.

Gabe Sapolsky reportedly sent a message to the ‘core roster’ of EVOLVE to tell them that there were no more plans to run shows. The secret social page set up for that roster is also shutting down. He told the group that he thinks they have a good future in the business and it’s not the end of the road.

EVOLVE recently sent out refunds for the cancelled events during Wrestlemania week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts