1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From EVOLVEwrestling.com:

EVOLVE 7 In NYC
February 16th

EVOLVE will return to action with a special Tuesday night event card on April 19th in Manhattan, New York at BB King Blues Club & Grill in Times Square. Tickets for "EVOLVE 7: TBA vs. TBA" will go on sale on Wednesday, February 23rd right here at EVOLVEwrestling.com or by calling 267-519-9744. Additional tickets will be on sale soon through Ticketmaster. We'll have talent and match announcements in the upcoming weeks.

We will open doors at 6pm with an 8pm belltime. Please come early and get your dinner and some after work drinks at BB King Blues Club & Grill. They feature a great menu with some tremendous food. Ticket prices are:

Available on February 23rd in the Shop or by calling 267-519-9744:
1st row golden circle- $50
2nd row golden circle- $35
1st row Stage- $50
2nd row Stage- $35
1st row elevated- $35
Premium Booth- $200
VIP Booths- $150

Available shortly through Ticketmaster:
3rd-5th ringside- $25
3rd row stage- $25
4th row stage- $25
2nd row elevated- $25
GA- $20

We'll have much more on this event including the loaded lineup in the upcoming weeks at EVOLVEwrestling.com!!!
Not sure how successful a Tuesday night show for a promotion that draws around 150 on the regular on Saturday nights, even if it is in NYC. If I do go, I'll most likely just buy GA at the door, unless Gabe has a fire sale a few weeks before since most of the other prices are way too high.

E6 DVD Pre-Order
February 16th

The "EVOLVE 6: Aries vs. Taylor" DVD is now deep in production and available for pre-order in the EVOLVEwrestling.com Shop or by calling 267-519-9744. This was a stacked card from top-to-bottom featuring several important matches with major ramifications on Records and the Leader Board.

Here is a no frills look at the lineup:

-Austin Aries vs. Chuck Taylor
-Relaxed Rules: Homicide vs. Jon Moxley
-Jimmy Jacobs vs. Johnny Gargano
-Kyle O'Reilly vs. Bobby Fish
-Ricochet vs. Adam Cole
-Up In Smoke vs. Super Smash Brothers
-Drake Younger vs. Silas Young
-Rich Swann vs. AR Fox vs. Tony Nese vs. Scott Reed
-Plus Reby Sky and others!!!

See EVOLVE finish its first year with this incredible event. The DVD will play and ship anywhere in the world. Order now to be among the first to receive it.
Looking forward to checking this out, and hopefully even though there's no estimated ship date listed, it'll be out before E7.

And some general updates:

News & Notes
February 16th

Things are cooking with EVOLVE again as we prepare for E7 on April 19th in Manhattan at BB King Blues Club & Grill in Times Square. Here's some quickie news & notes as we get back to action:

-EVOLVE officials are working on the April 19th talent roster now and will have some announcements before tickets go on sale on February 23rd.

-Look for regular updates here at EVOLVEwrestling.com again.

-EVOLVE officials are currently discussing how to break the Win Leader tie between Jimmy Jacobs, Chuck Taylor and Johnny Gargano. Right now all three sport 4-2 marks. What makes this really interesting is that both Taylor and Gargano are sponsored by Larry Dallas.

-Remember, you don't have to wait for sales on EVOLVE DVDs. They are always available with our 2 Pack DVD Offer. You can pick any two titles for just $25!!! All EVOLVE DVDs play and ship anywhere in the world.

-We are beginning to think there is a curse of 3. Several wrestlers have gotten to 3-0, but then lose. No one has ever gone 4-0 in EVOLVE.

-The Roster and Records sections have been revised to reflect inactive wrestlers. If a wrestler fails to appear on three consecutive EVOLVE events he will be considered inactive. This does not mean that he will not return to EVOLVE. As soon as his return is announced, he will return to the active roster.

-Look for new wrestlers to be added to the Roster section soon.

-You might have noticed some changes to EVOLVEwrestling.com. We have made it easier for you to navigate. The News Ticker and hidden scrollover links are gone. Now all news, articles and videos will start at the EVOLVE atom in the middle of the page. The newer items will be at the center of the page and then they will drift out towards the sides as they get older and other new items are added. Eventually outdated items will fall off the main page and either disappear or be archived in the Read section.

-Thank you for reading. Keep checking back several times a week for constant updates.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Thank god. I was starting to think EVOLVE might be dead, and I'm so glad it's not because it's seriously the best shit on the east coast right now.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Is this a Tarfu cover? It looks suspiciously like the SCOHV artwork.
Hehe, no, but I must say it looks neat. I'd personally change alot in it, but it's still nice as it is.

Haven't received any work for a while (from Highspots), hope they're not done with me. :sad:

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Evolve 7: TBA vs. TBA = Best title ever! But seriously the newest Evolve dvd looks pretty darn impressive.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts

·
Banned
2,012 Posts

·
Is a Snit Head
22,267 Posts
I would imagine they're doing it because the club was a lot cheaper to rent on a Tuesday. Still nobody is going to want to travel very far at all to see this show. I'm not even sure if the people that live near NYC in Jersey will want to make the trip on a Tuesday.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
I'm glad EVOLVE is running another show, but I can't see how they're going to do well with this show running on a Tuesday night. The venue itself is nice, but I hope they don't have to rush the show like they did with the DGUSA show that ran there a couple of weeks ago.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,267 Posts
I'm glad EVOLVE is running another show, but I can't see how they're going to do well with this show running on a Tuesday night. The venue itself is nice, but I hope they don't have to rush the show like they did with the DGUSA show that ran there a couple of weeks ago.
They probably will. BB Kings is a fairly well known club in New York City. They are going to want to open the club after the show ends. They might have a little more time because the show is on a Tuesday though.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
why do they keep booking shit wrestlers like jimmy jacobs
When motivated, Jimmy Jacobs is one of the best wrestlers in the world. And he's been motivated in EVOLVE. I think some of the wrestlers Gabe books (and pushes) are shit, but Jacobs is far from one of them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like to see Aries with the EVOLVE Title, he has an good debut and if he has a good push he can get the title.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
The Tuesday 4/19 EVOLVE debut at BB Kings in New York City will feature the following talents:
Chuck Taylor, Reby Sky, Jimmy Jacobs, Johnny Gargano, Sami Callihan, AR Fox, Jon Moxley, Silas Young, Akira Tozawa, Facade, Jason Gory, Jon Davis, Shiima Xion, Tony Nese and Zack Sabre Jr.
More Tozawa is always good and stoked that Sabre's coming in.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
That's good.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts