Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE posted an article basically talking about each Raw set. From when they were introduced, to when they were changed.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/raw1000/evolution-of-raw-sets

Really makes you wonder if this could set up a new design for Raw 1000? Especially with NXT now having its own arena, they might change the Raw set and leave SD the same(so superstars tapings happen during SD?)

My faves(in order from best to worst)

97-02
08-present
05-08
02-05
93-95

The longest a design has been around was about 5-6 years, but it seems like 4 years is about the average lifespan of a WWE set. So we could be seeing a new design at Raw 1000?

·
Banned
407 Posts
Re: Evolution of Raw Sets(New one for Raw 1000?)

Best set ever!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Re: Evolution of Raw Sets(New one for Raw 1000?)

That second picture with Austin coming out looks so badass. Look at the people!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've thought for quite a while that the current Raw set is so huge that it's kind of counter-productive. It does make the company look big time, but when guys like the Big Show and The Great Khali walk down the ramp, it does kind of betray how big they really are. For a company that has always prided themselves on their big men, I can't help but notice this. Just a personal opinion, but I've always thought these huge WWE sets are kind of off-putting.

·
Registered
935 Posts
why do so many people think articles on WWE.com are foreshadowing change? The same thing happened back when they did a "should the classic WWE title return?" piece in december or january (i think).
They think so (along with myself tbh) because they want a change. I would love a new set. Thus a wwe.com article talking about the sets makes me wonder if they want a new one. Its just fun thought thats all.

My fav set was the Ruthless Aggression set. 02 - 05. Well maybe not my fav but It's a close second the AE set is the best imo. Not flashy at all and you knew it was a wrestling show. 02 - 05 imo was the perfect mixture of flashy with gritty wrestling. nomsayin ?

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
I have the fondest memories of the 2005-2008 RAW set as that was the time frame I was at the height of my investment in the product as a fan. Saying that, I think aesthetically speaking the 1995-1997 set is the best. Although the 1997-2002 set really captured the attitude era I just think the aforementioned 1995-1997 set looked great, it was simple yet really nice to look at. I especially enjoyed it when they brought it back for the Old School Raw in 2010.

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts
I remember first hating the 2002 set, but now I really miss it (the one with orange decorations at each side, not the 2nd version with the screens)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
1997-2002
2002-2005
2005-2008
1993-1995
1995-1997
2008-Present
1993 Debut

Well that's my list from favorite to least as far as the sets go.
While I would like to see a new set. I don't see it happening anytime soon. Even from the debut of the current set in 2008, I could never really like it. The AE Raw Is War has been and will be my all-time favorite set, with the one introduced in 2002 as a very close second.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
RAW does need a new set.

The one they have now is so bland and boring.

Smackdown used to have it's own, but now it's just the same as RAW's.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
The best was 98-December 99, the darker arena, "smoky atmosphere", that's what wrestling is supposed to be. Today is the worst by far, not only the set but the terrible , clean and scripted HD atmosphere.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts