Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i gotta say im no big show fan by any means as a matter a fact i hated his happy go lucky gentle giant gimmick with him giving his stupid beanie to dumb little kids. anyways when he turned heel and picked a fight with brodus in the main event i was pumped ive been wanting someone to put a hurting on brodus clay for his stupid kid friendly disco dancing. specially when he wins a squash match with only 3 moves he brings dumb kids to the ring to dance with him, WTF? am i right? i was glad show speared him and KTFO with a big right hand.

Thoughts???

·
Registered
194 Posts
While I'm no Brodus hater, I was glad to see him get completely squashed by Big Show. He really needed to be cut down a notch.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
There are alot of things I would thank any professional wrestler for, putting their body and health on the line to perform for fans, spending all their time away from home to entertain fans, etc.

:lol but one wrestler squashing another is not something on the list of "thank yous" I will be handing out.

Plus, I know a few people that actually (gasp I know) like Brodus Clay (that are not little kids) so I doubt they are going ot fit i nthe group of "everyone" that will be thanking the Big Show

·
Registered
194 Posts
There are alot of things I would thank any professional wrestler for, putting their body and health on the line to perform for fans, spending all their time away from home to entertain fans, etc.

:lol but one wrestler squashing another is not something on the list of "thank yous" I will be handing out.

Plus, I know a few people that actually (gasp I know) like Brodus Clay (that are not little kids) so I doubt they are going ot fit i nthe group of "everyone" that will be thanking the Big Show
You make a good point, Big Show doesn't exactly deserve thanks for Brodus doing the job. Brodus was on a crazy run though and this will hopefully ground his character a little more into the midcard for the immediate future - let's face it, the WWE has a habit of superpushing wrestlers and Brodus is getting dangerously close to that, so if Vince goes cold on him all of a sudden during a push, he could face the same fate as many other stars and let his fans down even more. On the flipside, would they even superpush a comedy gimmick to begin with? I don't know.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,822 Posts
Thanking Big Show for beating down Brodus is like thanking someone for handing me a cold tall glass of sand to quench my thirst.

·
24,745 Posts
You make a good point, Big Show doesn't exactly deserve thanks for Brodus doing the job. Brodus was on a crazy run though and this will hopefully ground his character a little more into the midcard for the immediate future - let's face it, the WWE has a habit of superpushing wrestlers and Brodus is getting dangerously close to that, so if Vince goes cold on him all of a sudden during a push, he could face the same fate as many other stars and let his fans down even more. On the flipside, would they even superpush a comedy gimmick to begin with? I don't know.
I totally understand your line of thinking that Clay's push did need some slowing up for the long-term benefit of his. But my post is directed more at the OP, b/c something tells me this is not how he looked at it at all and this is purely a Funkasaurus hate thread he is trying to start.

You should thank Mark Henry for doing so good with his heel run they copied it almost word for word with the Big Show
Exactly this (Y)

·
Banned
370 Posts
I totally understand your line of thinking that Clay's push did need some slowing up for the long-term benefit of his. But my post is directed more at the OP, b/c something tells me this is not how he looked at it at all and this is purely a Funkasaurus hate thread he is trying to start.

Exactly this (Y)
I'm not even joking, it's almost word for word.

Watch Henry's big heel turn promos.

ALl he talked about was how the fans didn't support him and he got no sympathy.

Same thing happens with Show. At least Mark Henry lost a ton of weight, revamped his character, had a newfound sense of confidence, and put on good matches.

Big Show is still the same horrible worker and one good promos won't change that. It's clear he stopped caring a long time ago.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I thought it makes guys like Ziggler/Miz/Swagger and everybody else he faced look weaker, as they were either nearly/or totally squashed by Broadus, but he himself looked weak against Show. Who is being built as a threat to Cena, who is thus being indirectly put over guys he isn't even interacting with. And i was hoping this would keep him away from others.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You should thank Mark Henry for doing so good with his heel run they copied it almost word for word with the Big Show
And that's the Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While I'm no Brodus hater, I was glad to see him get completely squashed by Big Show. He really needed to be cut down a notch.
^^^true true also a few weeks ago when miz vs brodus first happened. boy the miz was working clay for the majority of the fight then brodus bust out the same 3 moves and pins miz as easy as 1 2 3. dude i was pist.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanking Big Show for beating down Brodus is like thanking someone for handing me a cold tall glass of beer to quench my thirst.
fixed

·
Registered
194 Posts
^^^true true also a few weeks ago when miz vs brodus first happened. boy the miz was working clay for the majority of the fight then brodus bust out the same 3 moves and pins miz as easy as 1 2 3. dude i was pist.
To be fair, half of that is the Miz's poor booking. He was pushed to the moon and after his long title reign he tapped out to Cena after being put in the STF for about a second. He main evented a couple more PPVs but after that has just been dumped on his head and left with no direction, no storyline and jobs to whatever face the WWE feel like putting over at any given moment. Big Show took Miz out in a matter of seconds, let's not forget, and Triple H came out to give him the Pedigree personally in a dark segment. They've heavily depushed him and so it's not really surprising that Brodus went over him, just somewhat sad that they'd treat a former WWE Champion like that, or that they'd pull a Cena with Brodus to begin with.

WHAT?

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
You should thank Big Show for his work and the fact that he's saving RAW from a disaster product two weeks in a row now. Tremendous performer. His promo on RAW was like a babyface promo because it was so real and logical.

·
24,745 Posts
You should thank Big Show for his work and the fact that he's saving RAW from a disaster product two weeks in a row now. Tremendous performer. His promo on RAW was like a babyface promo because it was so real and logical.
:lol it was almost a copy of Henry's promo when he began his "Hall of Pain" monster heel run as pointed out by Couch earlier.

Don't get me wrong I do recognize Big Show has exellent mic skills and is a very good performer, but I can't give that promo from last Raw such a great review since its the 2nd time I've seen it.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
well, i know someone on here is satisfied. PPL here have been calling for a Big Show heel turn for quite some time, being tired of his over-jolly self.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts