Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the right section for this. I was conflicted between posting it here, or in the Anything/Rants section. I chose to post it here, so that it may be conveyed to the maximum number of posters.

Of late, I came across 2 threads, one targeting the Christian fans, and the other targeting the Rock haters. Both were demanding the target groups to simply change their opinions. That to me makes no sense, because everybody is free to make their own choices. You are free to discuss a wrestler's work, and argue for or against his position, but to blatantly ask the other group to change their views is uncalled for in my books. Just as you are free to like or dislike a given wrestler, everyone else is too.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Just like any time I give my opinion, people are like "I'd expect that from a Miz mark" or some shit. Not a big deal.

·
#JeterFarewellTour
1,278 Posts
Just like any time I give my opinion, people are like "I'd expect that from a Miz mark" or some shit. Not a big deal.
You're exactly right. Certain posters here say things like that, but mark more than you. Blatantly being a hypocrite. I can't stand it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Lol I love how some people hold their wrestling fandom in such high regard that they believe they're opinion is the right one.

Urdnot Wrex, I'm looking at you son.

Also when people substitute the phrase "everyone who holds a different opinion to me" for "The IWC."

Interestingly, on my travels around the interwebz I have noticed that fanboys (or so called marks in this case) interact with each other in much the same way as the mindless followers of the different religions do.

Identifying with something can be hazardous to the ego. If you place your self worth in things extrinsic to yourself then you will die trying to defend them. Experience success vicariously through your favourite wrestler and a criticism of that wrestler becomes a criticism of you.

Enjoy wrestling for your own reasons, and be nice to the marks, for they are fragile souls.

·
Premium Member
19,339 Posts
There are certain things from certain groups of fans, when said, doesn't surprise me at all coming from who it's coming from.

I don't see bad, stereotypical things coming from Miz fans though. I think they are just thrilled that their guy is on top right now.. as they should be.

Nothing Pyro says surprises me anymore. Hasn't seen 06. lol It's part of his charm.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is exactly how I feel. There was once a thread supporting Sheamus and then Pyro said he dislikes him and then he kept arguing with them. Then I posted and said that I don't like Sheamus that much but I'm not going to be a douche about it and that other people can like Sheamus.

Pyro lol

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
There are certain things from certain groups of fans, when said, doesn't surprise me at all coming from who it's coming from.

I don't see bad, stereotypical things coming from Miz fans though. I think they are just thrilled that their guy is on top right now.. as they should be.

Nothing Pyro says surprises me anymore. Hasn't seen 06. lol It's part of his charm.
But the things I say have nothing to do with The Miz, though lol. If I was like, "OMGZ MIZ IZ AWESOME!!1" I could understand it, but when I'm talking about Jericho, Austin, Rock, etc. and they bring up the whole "You're a Miz mark" thing it's just ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, though like was mentioned, it seems that followers of a particular wrestler get offended when you have a differing opinion. I will say one thing, being openly a Morrison fan, it was mentioned that Morrison (in '09-'10) would hit elbows instead of punches, which often made the match look fake. I noticed that and gained some new perspective on my favorite wrestler (current).

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Of course they are but that freedom goes hand in hand with the freedom to have the piss taken out of them if they like someone shit. I should know, I was a Hardcore Holly fan :p

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,021 Posts
It's possible for a wrestler not to suit your personal taste but for you to still accept that he's really talented.

I'm not going to go out of my way to seek out Randy Orton matches but I'm not stupid enough to think that he isn't one of the absolute best in the world. It's just that his work isn't necessarily aimed at me.

A lot of people don't apply this logic when talking about wrestlers. It's always just "I think Daniel Bryan is boring. Fire him...and bring back the Hardcore Title, while your at it, because I liked it.".

Sometimes posters lack any real sense of perspective.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
It's possible for a wrestler not to suit your personal taste but for you to still accept that he's really talented.

I'm not going to go out of my way to seek out Randy Orton matches but I'm not stupid enough to think that he isn't one of the absolute best in the world. It's just that his work isn't necessarily aimed at me.

A lot of people don't apply this logic when talking about wrestlers. It's always just "I think Daniel Bryan is boring. Fire him...and bring back the Hardcore Title, while your at it, because I liked it.".

Sometimes posters lack any real sense of perspective.
Don't forget the flipside of that arguement where you accept that your favourite wrestlers shouldn't be pushed in any meaningful way and left in the mid-card where they can help develop the next generation. Case in point was Holly who, as I said in my earlier post, I was always a fan of. I would never have given him a PPV title shot though, not even with the Lesnar situation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts