Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like seriously what is the whole situation with her and Nikki Cross supposed to be about? It all just seems like empty chatter that does nothing for either one of them? Maybe it's me but I don't get it and it's bland and feels like two opposite high school girls forcing themselves to interact with each other in the most least interesting way.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
I think that's the idea. Her gimmick is Mean Girls meets Clueless. She plays it well to be fair to her. It's a stale character now though, I though a run as an underdog babyface is long overdue.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
Well I like this mix of Cinderella and Tasmanian Devil char of Nikki.
You know if the fem roster would have their own show it would be easy for the impulsive Vince to keep some of these chars around.

But since every traveling show must have their own fem division...

·
The Babyface of WF
11,633 Posts
The 'Mean Girl' cop out doesn't work when Alexa turns it into gold to suit her character and narrative, She's the best Heel in the women's division and hasn't gotten stale one bit despite her Facelike behaviour since the beginning of the year.

She's making Nikki watchable every week she just has that charm and opposites sometimes attract that's kinda what I see here between the two but if it doesn't head towards a brief Tag title run it will in fact feel pointless.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Like seriously what is the whole situation with her and Nikki Cross supposed to be about? It all just seems like empty chatter that does nothing for either one of them? Maybe it's me but I don't get it and it's bland and feels like two opposite high school girls forcing themselves to interact with each other in the most least interesting way.
Ask Nikki Cross if it means nothing. We can count on one hand how many times Nikki had been featured on RAW/SD when she got first got called up. Now pairing her in a small storyline with Alexa, she's been on TV way more. I can only imagine she's grateful, and the both of them seem to be having fun. As for Alexa, this "story" was initially a work around and backup because of her injury. She's 100% cleared now. They just turned into something more and have been continuing it. Alexa/Nikki work well together.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Alexa is one of maybe less then 5 women who have an established character. Hell, I'll argue she has the best character. It's why us as the viewer at home know she is playing Nikki Cross and can see where this is leading to.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If we're being honest here, Alexa only has a job because she is good looking and they see marketability in her. Dont give me the mic skills argument because while she is good on the mic, if she was ugly and good on the mic she wouldn't even make it in TV. So she is a priority because if her looks.

So WWE has her do the only thing she is good at which is the mean girl character and they are going to milk that as long as they can because that is the only way to continue to get her on people's TV screens. Even though she sucks at being a professional wrestler, she still has a lot of value.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Her gimmick is to manipulate people, and quite frankly, she does a great job at it. She has that popular high school cheerleader persona that bullies people and has followers just because of her looks and popularity.

But I agree, her face turn is long overdue. I'll miss her being a heel when she finally does turn, but I think she will be great as a face. We have had alot of teases this year at it, as well as her being a tweener. I thought for sure she turned face last week when she attacked the IIconics and was maybe going to challenge them for the tag titles with Nikki, but that turned into nothing; WWE just forgets about it a week later.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,963 Posts
Maybe it's me but I don't get it and it's bland and feels like two opposite high school girls forcing themselves to interact with each other in the most least interesting way.
She uses Nikki against Bayley, that is the whole story. Therefore it is already kind of boring, so I understand your point. The problem is: Mandy+Sonia are doing high school shit with Ember in the same time.

Alexa is one of maybe less then 5 women who have an established character. Hell, I'll argue she has the best character. It's why us as the viewer at home know she is playing Nikki Cross and can see where this is leading to.
It is an easy option to sit her back on TV twice a week, because WWE has someone out there the people know and many people like. It is much easier than rebuilding the women division.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts