Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I thought the MITB PPV was pretty good.

But yeah I do think the PPV's haven't lived up to their expectations. Summerslam is a prime example of that. But then again, the card didn't look special in the first place with the exception of Nexus/WWE.

Even WM26 wasn't that good IMO. Without Taker/HBK it would have been a terrible PPV considering it was supposed to be WM standard.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't remember I PPV I watched this year and I said to myself that was a great PPV once it was over. However, after watching some on DVD I thought they were way better than they were when I watched them live. (Ex. Extreme Rules, MiTB, Over the Limit)

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Yeah, they've been kinda underwhelming in general, but I definitely wouldn't go as far as saying that they've sucked. I really enjoyed WrestleMania, Money In The Bank, and Summerslam, while Extreme Rules, Royal Rumble, and Elimination Chamber all ranged from good-solid. Fatal 4 Way and Over The Limit on the other hand.......:no:

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Yeah, they've been kinda underwhelming in general, but I definitely wouldn't go as far as saying that they've sucked. I really enjoyed WrestleMania, Money In The Bank, and Summerslam, while Extreme Rules, Royal Rumble, and Elimination Chamber all ranged from good-solid. Fatal 4 Way and Over The Limit on the other hand.......:no:
This sums up my answer.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
MitB was good, but that was primarily because of the actual Ladder matches.

Otherwise, I absolutely agree. Not worth the amount of money they charge at all.

The WWE title matches have sucked for so long I lost track. World Title matches are off-on, but I thought Kane-Rey was more back and forth, and more entertaining by far than Orton-Sheamus.

·
#TeamCardcaptor and Oh... Still Music >>>> Wrestli
3,416 Posts
Not entirely true.

I happened to enjoy most of the PPVs this year. Wrestlemania, Extreme Rules, Fatal Four Way, Money In The Bank, and some of Summerslam were pretty good for me.

The ones that were meh are Extreme Rules, even though, it isn't THAT bad, and Over The Limit (perhaps, the worst WWE PPV but there were couple of things that I liked in the PPV) and the Royal Rumble is the only PPV that I haven't watched.

All in all, this year in PPV is sound and I think, it is somewhat better than last year. However, 2008 PPVs kick this years PPVs' ass.

·
Banned
18,557 Posts
This year has been terrible for PPVs. Only Wrestlemania and Money In The Bank have been good with Over The Limit being decent IMO.

- Vic

·
Registered
816 Posts
Only WM26 was good!
for me you lose credibility be saying this, every year dont matter how shit a wrestlemania can be people will always say its the best. just because it booked as the biggest ppv of the year dont mean it always is the best, but hey if thats how you feel then fair enough but i disagree with your opinion fella

·
Tap Or Snap
2,539 Posts
People Still think its Cool to hate on the WWE i see.

Anyway this year has had some very good ppvs. Only bad one i would say was Over The Limit.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
None have really lived up. Wm26 for the amazing hbk taker match, and a couple of others, plus the huge spectacle which it is.

Mitb was pretty good to be fair, and summerslam sucked by the way

None really have screamed out to me as memorable, and a lack of top top matches in the world title scene has been horrendous

1 - 20 of 26 Posts