Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Yeah, I've always got the desire on my mind, but I'm from Spain, a non-wrestling country and I'm not prepared to travel to USA or Japan. But that's my dream.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,745 Posts
I figure I'll go train at OVW, considering every match on OVW TV seems to be a squash match I figure it won't take much training to get me to the squash-zone

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
no.dont want to get injured/kill myself

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Loved it my whole life. My dad runs a company. Been training since 15(shhh its illegal), and finally started this year. Got a few matches on youtube. Captured the company's tag titles.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Been giving it serious consideration recently after learning there's quite a respected school quite near me. Been going to Muay Thai and submission wrestling training for almost three years so I'm in quite good physical condition and have enjoyed doing that immensely. Being a professional wrestler is something I've dreamt of since I was a kid. Gonna see what happens in a few months.

Only problem is I don't really know that much about the professional wrestling scene here in England.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I did training for three and a half months at Superstar Pro (now defunct) in Mass. It was really fun and I grew a whole new appreciation for wrestlers, even those most fans consider "bad". I never thought getting an Irish whip against the ropes would be the most painful thing I'd receive either. I learned that it's more of a theatrical experience than anything else. Sure you have to be in shape and all that but you have to juggle acting (for selling), dancing (moves), preforming (crowd interaction) and safety at all times, it was hard at first but as I started getting the hang of it my body just gave up on me and I couldn't move my neck in any direction for a week so I called it quits.

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
Just had my first three matches this past weekend actually and I've never been more exhausted after a weekend but it was well worth it. If you have the finances, the desire and the physical ability to....I highly recommend it. Like someone else said, you gain a whole new appreciation for every person that's done it before you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thought about, and now I'm doing it. Been at it a few years. Once you do it you really appreciate it more. Just being a bad wrestler is probably the hardest thing most people will do. Now I think I'm finally getting decent and about to move up the ladder.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I love wrestling and have since I was a kid. Always dreamt of it but knowing that I'm 18 now and I'm not exactly that muscular and doubt I will be anytime soon, it's never going to come to fruition. Would love a few lessons however.

To be fair, all I want to do is powerbomb a guy and just generally beat the shit out of people without taking the punishment myself.

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
I love wrestling and have since I was a kid. Always dreamt of it but knowing that I'm 18 now and I'm not exactly that muscular and doubt I will be anytime soon, it's never going to come to fruition. Would love a few lessons however.

To be fair, all I want to do is powerbomb a guy and just generally beat the shit out of people without taking the punishment myself.
I'm 6'4" 185 pounds ... I'm by no means muscular. If it's what you wanna do and aren't, then you're the only one holding yourself back.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I'm 6'4" 185 pounds ... I'm by no means muscular. If it's what you wanna do and aren't, then you're the only one holding yourself back.
I suppose, but another thing holding me back is time and money. I'll stick to watching it and maybe some point later I'll try it out.

In Mexico. Like Karl Pilkington.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Going to train at NWA: Hollywood and hit the indies, cause that's how you get good.

·
Survivor
1,119 Posts
Always had it in my Mind, but never worked out...Lived in Spain, no Schools over there -.-

But I'm now living in Austria, been Training since 5 Months for MMA Competition here, there's a Wrestling School, but too far away from me...

·
The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,164 Posts
There's some wrestling promotions in Holland, but they're too far away from me. I dont have the finances to do it, nor am I build to be a wrestler (at all). I would love to move to the US in a couple years though and be involved in wrestling somehow, but I think that'll just remain a dream, I cant see myself going to the US and living there for the rest of my life (though my English is good enough to get by I suppose).

·
Registered
261 Posts
I learned that it's more of a theatrical experience than anything else. Sure you have to be in shape and all that but you have to juggle acting (for selling), dancing (moves), preforming (crowd interaction) and safety at all times
That's cool. I didn't really play sports in high school, but I was in the school musical almost every year. I was also voted best dancer. It's good to know that those will come in handy if I became a wrestler.
I've wanted to become a professional wrestler for years. Right now, I'm in college so that I can have a steady job if I don't make it big. I'm really skinny, but I have been working out a lot lately to try to bulk up. I am also training in Karate.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts