Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was inspired by the 9/11 thread.

Obviously we have had big events in our personal live where we remember what we were doing but sometimes a event is so big that just about everybody remembers where they were or where doing at the time.

My events

Dale Earnhardt in the Daytona 500. My parents are big Nascar fans, so I was too at that time. I remember seeing the wreck and not thinking much of it because i have seen wrecks that looked like that many times before. Even when they showed the ambulance i didn't think anything of it. Sometime after the race i'm in my room and for some reason on the radio is the local sports station and they are doing post race coverage and a few minutes later they say something like "and again the breaking news, Dale Earnhardt is dead at the age of 49" and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was a huge Earnhardt fan and it litterallly knocked the breath out of me.A little while later I went to go and tell my dad(mom was working) and i could barely get the words out, and he barely believed me when i said it. altogether a day i will never forget.

Eddie Geurrero dying. For some reason i hadn't been online the day before so I had no idea that he had died. I was lying in bed listening to the morning show before I had to go to the dentist. They were talking about wrestling on it, which is weird since they never talk about it outside of the big events like Wrestlemania or on special occasions. so they are talking about it, but they hadn't mentioned why. and then i head "Again,Eddie Geurrero is dead" I was only half awake but that woke me straight up and I turned the radio up because I couldn't believe it.

Benoit dying. Was having trouble sleeping so I was taking a Nap and I think my mom was watching something on USA. So she is about to change the channel she sees Vince in the middle of the ring. she had known about the limo storyline and knew something was up when he showed up in a empty arena. he said Benoit had died and my mom told my sister to wake me up. when she did i was like "You gotta be shitting me"

Other stuff like Michael Jackson dying and Osama's being killed i was on WF.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,582 Posts
When I first made my WF account I was on WF. It was a glorious day.

Seriously though I don't remember exactly what I was doing in any event. I also don't really think there has been any huge event that would require me to remember either.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Game 4-Kings vs Lakers, 2002 NBA Western Conference Finals

I was about 8 years old at the time, and I was such a big laker fan(Today, im a die hard laker fan, till death!!!). I remember lying down on the floor watching that game with my dad, sitting on the couch. When Kobe missed the driving layup, and Shaq missed the putback, I could already feel the tears forming in my eyes, but, when the ball went into Rob horry's hands, and he drilled the buzzer beating three pointer, holy crap, I went apeshit happy. I could write all day about stuff that happened in the NBA, where I remember exactly where I was at, lol.

·
Premium Member
18,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Game 4-Kings vs Lakers, 2002 NBA Western Conference Finals

I was about 8 years old at the time, and I was such a big laker fan(Today, im a die hard laker fan, till death!!!). I remember lying down on the floor watching that game with my dad, sitting on the couch. When Kobe missed the driving layup, and Shaq missed the putback, I could already feel the tears forming in my eyes, but, when the ball went into Rob horry's hands, and he drilled the buzzer beating three pointer, holy crap, I went apeshit happy. I could write all day about stuff that happened in the NBA, where I remember exactly where I was at, lol.
I'm a big Kings fan, i hate that day.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
I can't remember specific "Big" things all that well, but I have a great, great memory for really stupid things. Like, I can look at a drawing I did months ago (hell, a year ago in some cases) and remember exactly what episode of what TV show I was watching when I was drawing it. Same for video games. When I visst certain areas of a game map I think back to once when I was playing it and a certain episode was on while I was in that area.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Bin Laden's death - May 1, 2011

I was at the living room watching Extreme Rules, jumping for joy and almost getting teary eyed when Christian won the World Heavyweight Championship. Posted something in WF, then fell asleep during the Main Event. Oh and yeah, I watched Thor that day too.

·
I don't want to be a f*cking spokesperson.
544 Posts
9/11 - I was in school, got home and seen everyone watching the news.
Michael Jackson dying - On the bus home from a school trip to Alton Towers and somebody kept shouting "Michael Jackson's dead!" but nobody believed him so people were laughing at how persistent he was. I remember my friend text his Grandma and she confirmed it. That was a big deal, I used to really like his music.
Osama's death - I had stayed at a friend's the night before and I woke up and checked my Facebook on the iPod and everyone was talking about it, when he woke up a minute later I told him to put the news on and low and behold, he was dead.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
9/11 - I Just got home from school expecting Pokemon to be on, the episode where we found out if ash won the pokemon league. Except the news was on instead, I was pissed at the time (I was a child) because I was missing pokemon, now I look back and see how serious it all was. When I was watching the news and the video footage I thought my god, what was happening? Apparently all tall buildings in england were evacuated after that because of the substantial rise in threat.

7/7 - When The London Bombings happened I was at school as these happened early morning in rush hour in London, I didn't find out until my dinner break as I used to go to some little cafe that did some great bangers, beans and mash. I looked at the screen and saw wreckage all over London with the headline "London Bombings" I thought OMG. This came a day after London were award the 2012 olympics as well.

Michael Jacksons Death - In my living room on my laptop, my family were watching Big Brother :side: . Then i recieved a text from my friend at 10:45 PM saying What's this about MJ kicking the bucket? I thought nothing of it, but then asked my mam to turn on Sky News. Then bam, breaking news MJ dies a month before he was due to start his big comeback at the 02.

Bin Laden's death - Watching Extreme Rules, happy Christian won the title...... then found this out. I didn't believe it a first, then Obama announced it so it was pretty real. I was just in awe of Christian winning the title to give a damn about Bin Laden getting shot dead to be honest :lmao.

:hmmm:

United winning the Champions League to win their treble - Watching the actual match, it was an amazing ending to a great game of football.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
9/11 - In School
7/7 - Around in Liverpool City Centre shopping for clothes with my mum, as I was going on holiday on the 9th.
MJ - In bed watching it all unfold on Sky News
Bin Laden - Had just watched Extreme Rules when I read something in the Chatbox, thinking it was bullshit I turned Sky News on and saw it was real

1 - 13 of 13 Posts