Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Many wrestlers have retired and had another match at some point in time after their career has officially ended (it's best for business right if the demand is there) ... many wrestlers come back for a match, often if the money is right of course (IE Stone Cold) ... and where Shawn often appears on Raw now and again, he is forever being goaded by the other talent, like Randy Orton currently telling Shawn he's always gonna be better than what he was etc... and has just had a little run in with Shawn now receiving a Sweet Chin Music ... resulting in The Miz coming in and attacking Orton.

Now, I know this is all to do with building up whatever is going to happen at Hell In A Cell (not an Orton/Shawn match of course) .... but my point is, do you think it's possible Shawn could at some point have another match?

He's not exactly unfit, I would definitely say he's not past it either, Wrestlemania 30 for example, although probably won't happen but it's not like it couldn't (if that makes sense).

So what are your thoughts in regards to Shawn having another match, there is no doubt the guy could still go, so again, what are your thoughts on this?​

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
Re: Even though he's retired, do u think that Shawn Michaels will ever have another m

I think he'll have two more in the next six months. He'll be on D-Bry's team with Show, and the Rhodes Brother against Trips, Orton and the Shield at Survivor Series, and he'll face Hunter at Mania.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Re: Even though he's retired, do u think that Shawn Michaels will ever have another m

No. He's not going to disrespect Undertaker.

At the time he retired, he was the best worker in the company. Kind of strange.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I think he'll have two more in the next six months. He'll be on D-Bry's team with Show, and the Rhodes Brother against Trips, Orton and the Shield at Survivor Series, and he'll face Hunter at Mania.
I'm not sure about the whole two more and six months thing at all, but ya know what, him facing HHH at Mania would be spot on!!!!

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

No. He's not going to disrespect Undertaker.

At the time he retired, he was the best worker in the company. Kind of strange.
I don't really think it would be seen as disrespectful, sure Undertaker ended his career, but Taker still has the credit of that match regardless, I don't think too many people would think that or be upset by that, Taker either.

People could say it would be disrespectful if Taker had a problem with it too, so works both ways that.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts

For the right price of course.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

He'll turn on Daniel Bryan and they'll fight at Wrestlemania. One can dream, ok?

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

haha, the teacher vs the student match :D

·
Registered
96 Posts

I really believe he will have one more for several good reasons.

Before he retired he frequently made comments like 'none of us ever really retire, we just slow down';of course i'd come back for a Wrestlemania when i'm 50'; and 'i'll probably go away for a while whilst my kids are young and want me around hut maybe when they're teenagers and don't want dad around being uncool so much, maybe i'll come back for a while'.

Now, the genuine reasons he gave for retiring were not wanting to hang around whilst his body slowly broke down even more: there is literally nothing left to fix in his left knee. He had also done everything he felt he wanted to do in wrestling and felt content with his career. Also, wanting to be with his family.

Having read every single interview he's done, every Q&A etc, it's my gut feeling that the whole 'I really have retired for good' thing is a very necessary ploy which he may have used on absolutely everyone except Hunter.

At the time of his retirement Hunter said 'You know, I don't know why he wont stay part time. He gets the whole summer off and only works one night a week. I wish I could get that deal.'

Ih he leaves the door open even a bit then he will never hear the end of it. If he leaves the door open, let alone stays part time, then he will be called on to work an angle every time someone gets injured or ratings/buyrates are sagging. That's exactly what happened in the last years of his career when he was called back from holiday/recovery early every time.

It's been reported that Hunter has said to a few top people that he wants his last match to be with Shawn. I personally think Shawn's already agreed to this. There isn't a single other scenario I can think of that would satisfy Hunter's ego for his last match, with the exception of possibly laying down for Cena.

The last thing is that before he retired Shawn told WWE magazine that nobody wanted a haircut more than him but he 'has to be HBK.'Why is he hanging onto his hair, which he's desparate to cut off?' During the Lesnar angle when he attacked Shawn, you could see how bad his hair has gotten: he's literally 100% bald on top with a comb-over.

He's just hanging on to it for that last HBK match.

And the whole 'disrespecting Taker' thing is bullshit. This isn't like Flair and Hogan going round Australia pulling eachother's trunks down. Shawn and Hunter put Taker over 4 years straight. They made the streak into something so much more than it ever would have been otherwise. He's indebted to them, not the other way around. Moreover, he'd be first in line to watch Shawn and Hunter's final match.

However, it wont be at Mania 30, imo. Hunter still has plenty of gas in the tank. Why on Earth would they retire Hunter at this point with the number of true, main-event, headlining , legit superstars decreasing every year? I think he's got several years left, til he's 48 at least, especially with only a few matches a year.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Guess we'll just have to see eh? :)

·
Registered
1,709 Posts

Shawn Michaels (1996) vs The Rock (1999) is the dream match. Too bad it will never happen.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts

no he had the perfect last match and send off why ruin that

·
Registered
5,070 Posts

I fully expect him to have one more match although he may think that he went out in a masterpiece and nothing else could come close.

If he did have one more match I would assume it would be against HHH.

Shawn Michaels and CM Punk have both stated on numerous occasions that they would love to face each other.

·
Registered
678 Posts

Nah he wont have anymore real match. Even if he fights, it will be those exhibition match like against bret hart...

·
Registered
31 Posts

I highly doubt he will. Seems content with life at the moment. If he ever comes back it'll be for one match against HHH

1 - 20 of 21 Posts