Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember that 12-year-old's dream shtick Shawn used once he began chasing the WWE Title as a face?

For Mike Mizanin, it wasn't a shtick. It was real life.

Quite frankly, I'd love to know how the guy kept from breaking kayfabe and breaking down crying.

It's cool if you don't like The Miz....he's a heel, so technically, we're not supposed to like him. But when you think about the journey he's been through to get to where he is, how could you not have all the respect in the world for Mike Mizanin?

People on here LOVE to rag on him because he was on The Real World. First of all, why does it matter whether or not he was on The Real World? I've never understood what that had to do w/ anything.

He went out on a limb, and followed his dream, starting out wrestling in independent promotions, before gaining the opportunity to be on Tough Enough, making it all the way to the final 2.

After spending some time in the WWE farm system, he got called to the main roster...and...well....made an ass of himself. Often. Almost everytime he got on camera.

I truly believe the only reason he wasn't canned was so the boys could torture him to the point where Miz would just give up and quit.....only he used all of the extra ribbing to motivate him to get that much better.

And he did.

Boy, did he ever?

After getting a run on ECW, teaming w/ Morrison for two years, he gained the confidence to make it on his own.

It was all uphill from there.

I can understand one not liking The Miz, but how can anyone not be happy and have respect for Mike Mizanin? The average person in his shoes would've said "fuck it" and gave up on wrestling years ago...but he hung in there and endured the abuse and used it as fuel to propel himself to where he is today.

How can you not respect a man like that?

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
You tell a great story, except Miz didn't improve nearly as much as you're making it sound. He plateaued on mic work a long time ago and truly hasn't delivered anything noteworthy lately, and his ring work is still nearly unspeakable.

Work ethic is great, it really is; but for some guys, no matter how hard they work, the results just don't come as easily. Miz is one of those guys, and I don't think anyone is going to deny that. He has put in an incredible amount of work, but he hasn't achieved an incredible amount of quality from that work. He's still not "there" yet. He still has leaps and bounds to go.

I don't feel happy for him because I feel that this is going to hurt him more than help him.

When a guy isn't ready for a World Title, it hurts them greatly. Just ask Randy Orton.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I agree. The real-life dynamic and the kayfabe character complement one another to me. It's one reason why I felt so passionate about it when writing that thread last February about "Miz's Push..." being an "Epic Tale in the Making."

Even if you personally cannot stand The Miz, the character, or the wrestler, at the very least he serves as proof positive that just about literally anybody can make it if they have a tremendous work ethic with which to confront the realities of life as a WWE "superstar."

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I don't really give a fuck what anyone says I am proud of the guy for making it this far after countless people saying he'll never make it - just knowing the feeling of that personally it's a great accomplishment - he basically can give a finger to all the haters

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Hey guys, I want to be WWE champion.

But wait I have no talent, however you can still be happy for me when I win it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
One of the guys from Real World Boston (I believe it was Boston) was recently elected to the House of Representatives (as a Republic). Who gives a damn where you came from in terms of a reality show, how does that change the passion he's had for wrestling since he was a child? Would it have made a difference if he were, say, a janitor or sold door to door alarm systems as a profession? All I hear are a bunch of strawmen.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
If u manage to Get over, Give Great promos ,and Decent matches ill have no problem with it
You've completely missed the point here.

The OP is saying that everyone should be happy for The Miz just because he's always wanted to be the WWE champion.

Clearly not the case.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You've completely missed the point here.

The OP is saying that everyone should be happy for The Miz just because he's always wanted to be the WWE champion.

Clearly not the case.
No I'm not.

I'm saying he started out from the very bottom, hell below that, and endured redicule that the average person wouldn't have had the heart to endure, used that to inspire him to step his game up, and earned his way to where he is today.

That's what I'm saying.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Agree with the OP.
The guy has completely earned it.
He's more worthy of it than Sheamus was when he first won the title.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
No I'm not.

I'm saying he started out from the very bottom, hell below that, and endured redicule that the average person wouldn't have had the heart to endure, used that to inspire him to step his game up, and earned his way to where he is today.

That's what I'm saying.
Good for him I wish he did it in another profession.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
You probably do.

But unless it's serious enough to make you quit watching, I suggest you get over it.
No I won't stop watching because I think that the midcard is the best thing about the WWE, it's serious enough for me to stop taking the main event seriously.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Sheamus spent about 10 years in the British and Irish indies just to get to the WWE so he's definitely been working harder than Miz.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts