Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first let's hope he will back soon.
But I ask myself if he will ever have a great future in WWE.
Yes, he's an excellent wrestler but he has not enough charisma.
I miss some mic skills. He can't always convince us with his ring skills forever, because sooner o rlater he has to learn that he has to save his body, because his style is more dangerous. But he' still able to have great matches (against Morrison in ECW 09, against Tyson Kidd in ECW or against Chris Jericho at Fatal Four Way. Yes, he can create great matches against Tyson Kidd, but for a big storyline you need charisma, a great gimmick, but Bourne has not anything of that things.
Is WWE the right place for him?
He's an Independent Wrestler, maybe one of the best, but not an Entertainer.

If the tag-team league was better, he and Kofi Kingston would be great tag team.
But they need opponents.
So you can only do some one-week angles with Evan, because outside of the ring the storyline would be boring.
So I ask you "What would you do with Evan Bourne".

Don't miss understand. I like Evan Bourne.

Sorry, I'm still improving my English skills.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bourne is a better fit for TNA's X division the WWE has never really gotten behind smaller guys the only one I can remember is Rey Mysterio and they eventually made him pick up weight to be a contender but to truly answer the question he dosnt really have a future in the WWE not as far as the WHC goes anyway.

·
Registered
167 Posts
John Cena is a huge supporter of his.
LOL and I bet you think Cena really cared when he tweeted about being upset when Daniel Bryan was fired. No wrestler employed by WWE would publicly bitch when another wrestler was fired, so his tweets can't be taken seriously.

He's told to say those things (hyping up indy guys) by the higher ups, so he can win over as much of the internet crowd as possible.

Anyways, I think Evan Bourne will be lucky to be a mid carder at best because of his size and his on-helium-like voice.

·
Registered
9,245 Posts
He'll have to develop some decent mic skills to make it to the main event. You could say the same thing about Morrison but JoMo has a marketable look that can get him to the main evtn. But Bourne has the same advantage that JoMo of being able to get over with his in ring style. One factor being overlook is hes suffered two major injuries in a 3 year period. Probably too soon to call him fragile or injury prone right now.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'll keep him in the midcard to be honest. I'm a Bourne fan, but let's face it, he's gonna get fucking murdered on the mic if he ever makes it to the main event, maybe he can serve as a sidekick to a huge babyface like Cena but that's it. He's good enough for special attraction in the midcard, and maybe challenges for US title every now and then. He shouldn't be a jobber though, i think he's too talented only to be a jobber.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.