Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
17,197 Posts
Honestly, I hate to say this but I would like to see what Eva has to bring this time around before casting judgements. Raw is already shit and the Bliss Fiend stuff is making me want to watch Eva more than her. Sad really.

·
Southern Pride
4,930 Posts
Isn't she supposed to be packaged with Parker Boudreaux:

View attachment 102460
View attachment 102501
Parker I believe is still very green. WWE only signed him like 4 months ago and he went to WWE straight from football. Eva Marie and him together in photos doesn't mean anything other than that they have worked out together and are friends. When Parker does appear on TV it probably will be in NXT.

Reactions: Klitschko

·
Registered
419 Posts
Parker I believe is still very green. WWE only signed him like 4 months ago and he went to WWE straight from football. Eva Marie and him together in photos doesn't mean anything other than that they have worked out together and are friends. When Parker does appear on TV it probably will be in NXT.
Yes, I agree he is very green.....but in the third paragraph (of the opening post) it does mention a person in the bodyguard role as one of the possibilities.

·
Southern Pride
4,930 Posts
Yes, I agree he is very green.....but in the third paragraph (of the opening post) it does mention a person in the bodyguard role as one of the possibilities.
Eventually that bodyguard would have to be in a wrestling match. Even if they spent the next few months with Parker doing little physically like Omos was doing before it probably would still be too soon. Besides, if he is Evas bodyguard what would he be guarding from? Other women? WWE wouldn't go that route and him getting physical with men would get him in to a match sooner than Omos did.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
All of her promos were dull as dishwater. She's also unattractive which doesn't really help support the character she's playing. No personality, no presence. What's the big deal with her? Shit, I think Peyton Royce could cut more convincing promos than her, and she's not that great looking either.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I love how much everybody hates Eva Marie. She sucks, but at least people react to her. It's better than indifference - Rob Conway heat.
The dfference is they finally got it right with Rob Conway(basically making him the next Buff Bagwell..) but people were already tired of him by that point, so it didn't stick.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,056 Posts
Even as an Eva fan, it says a lot about just how bad Pro Wrestling is today, and on top of that Raw especially is today that this is one of the very few things I've been excited about in Pro Wrestling for a long time.

Considering how dull Asuka's reign was, considering how dull Rhea's reign is and Rhea is in particular and considering how insufferable Charlotte is, even if Eva hasn't improved one bit, she's not going to make things worse. At least she gets a reaction, at least she draws emotion out of people.

I'm interested to see what they're actually going to do with her. Will it be similar to her previous gimmick. Has she improved notably? Is this a bit of a red herring and she'll just be managing some big return or debut? How fleshed out will the potential delusional heel who thinks they're a babyface characteristic be?

This is what Pro Wrestling has become. There's more possibilities with someone like Eva Marie than there is with 99% of the roster.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
14,554 Posts
Even as an Eva fan, it says a lot about just how bad Pro Wrestling is today, and on top of that Raw especially is today that this is one of the very few things I've been excited about in Pro Wrestling for a long time.

Considering how dull Asuka's reign was, considering how dull Rhea's reign is and Rhea is in particular and considering how insufferable Charlotte is, even if Eva hasn't improved one bit, she's not going to make things worse. At least she gets a reaction, at least she draws emotion out of people.

I'm interested to see what they're actually going to do with her. Will it be similar to her previous gimmick. Has she improved notably? Is this a bit of a red herring and she'll just be managing some big return or debut? How fleshed out will the potential delusional heel who thinks they're a babyface characteristic be?

This is what Pro Wrestling has become. There's more possibilities with someone like Eva Marie than there is with 99% of the roster.
No, Eva Marie 'draws' go-away heat because she was awful at her job several years ago, and I highly doubt that she'll suddenly improve 6 years later with her being away from professional wrestling for this long.

The likes of Asuka, Charlotte Flair, and Rhea Ripley easily eclipses Eva Marie in overall talent anyway.

There is nothing really exciting about this. The fact that her upcoming return wasn't even big enough to be advertised on Smackdown tonight apparently says a lot about her mediocrity too.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts