Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
That's one amazing article. Grantland rocks...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grantland is pretty great, they are the only section on any of the major sports website that run wrestling stories, they had one last year about Flair that changed the way I look at him and why he still wrestles, if you look for it, it's under his real name Fleir (I think that is the spelling)

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
Fantastic article, thats the dude who also writes the Dead Wrestler of the Week articles on deadspin isnt it?
I swear a book of his collected best articles would make the finest wrestling writing ever.

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
Repped. Love this article. Also love the comparison between Lin and Bryan. Very surprised and happy that Ambrose was on there as well.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Repped. Love this article. Also love the comparison between Lin and Bryan. Very surprised and happy that Ambrose was on there as well.
Yeah it was cool to see Ambrose in there, Big Johhny too, Grantland really is FN great for this stuff

·
Registered
546 Posts
If we're comparing teams with wrestlers than Primo and Epico must be the Charlotte Bobcats. They got the same win loss record.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Interesting article... Just had a problem with a few of the comparisons.

- McMahon being compared to a complete ass like David Stern is insulting.
- The guy said Edge had an injury before he reached his potential? Uhhh, what?
- I understand the Marv Albert - JR obvious comparison. But JR is fun to listen to. Every Albert just has a cringeworthy voice.
- Metta World Peace black listed from the HOF? He isn't a HOF worthy player, regardless of his suspensions.... Don't compare that piece of shit to the great Macho Man.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I burst out laughing at the Durant & Westbrook/Rockers comparison, great article. Repped.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Yeah, the Edge vs Oden comparison was way, way off. Oden has barely played in the NBA. He had a good college career and has spent almost his entire NBA career being injured and will probably have to retire without ever accomplishing anything in the league. Oden is more like Mason Ryan if he never returns from his injuries -- a guy with a lot of hype as the next new monster big man, who immediately gets injured.

Fun article, but the guy was really stretching for a lot of those. He basically had the LeBron=Cena idea, which is good, and then tried to force the rest. Wade as Punk is also pretty weak since Wade was a college star and drafted #5 and almost immediately became a perennial all-star and was the youngest ever NBA Finals MVP. Not much "indie" about Wade's career.

·
Premium Member
17,316 Posts
Carmelo Anthony Is Triple H

"They each have reputations for being selfish and egotistic, and for holding others (like Lin and Chris Jericho) down to maintain their place at the top of the food chain."

awesome, and...

Blake Griffin Is Dolph Ziggler................this is rather accurate.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good idea, poor execution. If anyone is the NWO it would be the Heat. Dirk as The Miz? Magic Johnson is Stone Cold? Kobe is Flair? Kobe almost won the scoring title this season. Whoever wrote this doesn't watch basketball.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good idea, poor execution. If anyone is the NWO it would be the Heat. Dirk as The Miz? Magic Johnson is Stone Cold? Kobe is Flair? Kobe almost won the scoring title this season. Whoever wrote this doesn't watch basketball.
He actually compared Kobe to Flair in the 90's. Some of them were a bit of a stretch. Meh, it entertained me for 5 minutes so I don't really care.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
No way Celtics are NWO(maybe NWO that came to WWE, guys past their prime and were declining)

Heat are obviously NWO. They have NWO jersey lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts