Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,447 Posts
He's a good wrestler, he's just been a jobber for so long that the stink is stuck to him, you see it in this very thread with people dismissing his talent with zero reasoning

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
He is pretty underrated, though I'm not big on his current Bryan lackey role. I wish he'd either been kept with Harper as the Bludgeon Brothers or had a singles push taking on his creepy as shit lamb mask/possible serial killer gimmick.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I'm not sure about underrated. I think his card placement is good for now. He definitely has improved a great amount in pretty much all aspects and he makes a good big man.

·
Daddy's Home
2,943 Posts
I've been saying this for years, he's huge but he's not a stiff, he's safe and he's intimidating. I think he can be this generation's Kane, not in terms or character but role.
That's fine if that's the plan. I don't think he'll be a top guy, but an upper-midcard heel jobber to the stars wouldn't be terrible. I actually like him as goon to a chicken-shit heel. Thought that role fit him pretty well. We'll see how this goes though.

·
Southern Pride
3,830 Posts
Rowan was pretty green when he made to the main roster but he has improved a lot since the "Wyatt Family" days.

I still don't think of him as a top star or a guy that should get a huge monster push, but he is a dependable guy to use against others. Tonight he actually impressed me on the microphone. I was like "Woah, Rowan is actually doing pretty decent here".

·
Registered
110 Posts
Who is the ultimate guy behind this? Rowan is not the end. Looks like it is not Bryan based on being choke slammed through a table

·
Registered
228 Posts
Rowan was pretty green when he made to the main roster but he has improved a lot since the "Wyatt Family" days.

I still don't think of him as a top star or a guy that should get a huge monster push, but he is a dependable guy to use against others. Tonight he actually impressed me on the microphone. I was like "Woah, Rowan is actually doing pretty decent here".

Was this is first major promo? I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure it was.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,492 Posts
He's a good wrestler, he's just been a jobber for so long that the stink is stuck to him, you see it in this very thread with people dismissing his talent with zero reasoning
He ate hundreds of pins for the Wyatt Family, got buried by the Rock, and lost a feud to the Big Show but ironically since being with Bryan he's one of the strongest booked guys on the roster. I'm pretty sure that's going to come to an end once Roman runs through him and Bryan kicks him to the curb, but it was a nice run while it lasted.

·
Southern Pride
3,830 Posts
Was this is first major promo? I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure it was.
As far as I can remember. He has spoken in the past, like when he was teaming with Harper, but I don't think that he has ever talked that much at once.

Reactions: Mikey Mike

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Here’s some fun random Rowan facts

Rowan and his arch-nemesis the Big Show have squared off 23 times. Rowan only won 7 times. However he can say he has defeated the so called "World's Largest Athlete" on numerous occasions.

In total, Rowan's 5 most fought enemies are Jimmy Uso (28), Jey Uso (28), Big Show (23), Goldust (15), and Roman Reigns (14)

Looks like he does have a past with the big dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
I think he's probably rated about as highly as he deserves. Maybe he's even placed a bit higher than his spot should be. Rusev for example is better and more talented and deserves the "main muscle on the show" spot more. As does Harper.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Put it this way, it’s better having someone steady around like Rowan rather than them fast tracking another monster because of their build like a Kozlov/Nathan Jones etc. Rowan has always had something about him too, from the Wyatt’s, to his winery stuff, the masks and then the Bludgeon’s. Harper being better has always unfairly knocked him down, but he’s got himself a decent spot now so fairplay to him as Harper’s situation could easily have seen Rowan left in catering.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Put it this way, it’s better having someone steady around like Rowan rather than them fast tracking another monster because of their build like a Kozlov/Nathan Jones etc. Rowan has always had something about him too, from the Wyatt’s, to his winery stuff, the masks and then the Bludgeon’s. Harper being better has always unfairly knocked him down, but he’s got himself a decent spot now so fairplay to him as Harper’s situation could easily have seen Rowan left in catering.
Luke Harper is a way better wrestler, that being said, me personally, i relate to a nordic Metalhead in band shirts and celtic knot tattoos, rather than i would an hillbilly with frizzy hair. I know that sounds really shallow, but it's a TV show at the end of the day. And i know tons of Wrestling fans who are huge metalheads as well. It's like comparing Lord Of Darkness Undertaker to Jake The Snake, to a much lesser scale obviously, but you catch my drift, i just like Rowan's overall package a lot better.

·
8,618 Posts
sorry, i want to see it, but i don't. he's missing it. he looks the part but he doesn't convince me whatsoever in his character. obvious to me he's just playing a role.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts