Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When you look at someone like Snitsky, Heidenreich, or Nathan Jones, and then you look at someone like Erick Rowan, It's night and day, in the ring that is, he actually has some cool power moves in his set.
The guy just looks cool as shit with the Viking style tattoos and beard.
He also has a good cadence for promos, he doesn't sound cringy, monotone or robotic like many guys on the roster.
I'm not saying he's some once in a lifetime talent, but point being, you can do some dramatic Kane type shit with the guy, and i'll just go ahead and say this, in the current climate, he is main event material.
Remember how JR used to sell Kane, especially around 03-04?
"That is a hideous human being, without a consience, uncaring, doesn't give a damn about anybody"
That shit had some real gravitas to It.
I'm hoping he was the one all along who was swerving Bryan, and he gets a substantial heel run out of It.

·
Registered
24,543 Posts
He plays his roll well. He's not someone who's going to have a great match by himself and I think there has always been some fan resentment with him being paired with Harper all those years.

But he's a solid big man talent, he's a solid tag team guy, he's just a solid talent who plays his part well.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,440 Posts
I'm glad he's been able to get a slightly bigger role while working with Bryan. Always liked him.

Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
The biggest reason why he's less appreciated is because of his past as a Wyatt goon. He was always a talented big guy, but like many big brusiers today within the zeitgeist he's a small fish. You got to put him around someone with charisma factor and give him a gimmick as the "muscle", or he just doesn't work.

Also I kind of miss the Bludgeon Brothers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
He has more spotlight than others who derserve it more.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,548 Posts
He's solid but unspectacular. He doesn't do anything great, but he doesn't do anything bad either. He's great in his current role or similar where he's working with someone else.

He'll always be overshadowed by Braun who just has so much more presence and Corbin who is simply a much better talent in all areas.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Bryan doesn’t need him. Bryan went toe to toe with Brock. He doesn’t need Rowan but I guess without Harper, they needed to give him something to do

·
Under Jolly Roger
422 Posts
I've liked him for years. Always thought he was a solid big guy.

Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I guess I never really payed much attention to Rowan since he's been partnered with Luke Harper and Daniel Bryan, both of which are fantastic and overshadow Rowan and anything positive he may have done. They tried the singles act with Rowan but it didn't last long so I never really saw him shine. So to me he's always just been the other guy in an act.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts