Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They should sign the guy.
He can talk better, has more physical charisma, and a better voice for promos than Broadie, also looks cooler, but i know that's taboo so i'll leave that alone.
He can't do an headscissor takedown tho, that might be a problem, cause it makes SO much sense, for a 6'6" guy to do that, as we all know.
Imagine this, sparkly underdog emo babyface Jimmy Havoc has a never say die attitude, he's facing this giant Metalhead terminator who hates the world, in a No Holds Barred Street Fight. That dynamic is AWESOME, remember The Rainbow Haired Warrior Jeff Hardy vs Big Evil Undertaker, remember when Wrestling was good?

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00PD utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,248 Posts
They should get him and put them in a tag team. Singles wise neither guy is good enough to be anything beyond a midcarder that's not in the midcard title scene. But them as the giant team would be fresh for the tag division that doesn't really have size.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Erick Redbeard is actually a much cooler name than Eric Rowan. That's a rare trade up when losing the fed name.

I like him as a talent but I get the feeling that Brodie and Redbeard would like to see what they can do without each other?

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,936 Posts
I get people preferring Brodie as a talent but I can't comprehend thinking he looks more intimidating, Rowan looks like a fucking Viking, like he'd crush your skull with his bare hands and drink the juice like it was a tasty meade.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get people preferring Brodie as a talent but I can't comprehend thinking he looks more intimidating, Rowan looks like a fucking Viking, like he'd crush your skull with his bare hands and drink the juice like it was a tasty meade.
Tbh, i have no clue what Vikings looked like, they may have looked like Tyler Bate and Trent Seven for all we know bro lol, but i'm positive about this, if i was at a pub, and i saw a guy who was that tall, that massive, bald with a giant Viking beard and Viking shit tattoed all over his arms, talking with that deep baritone voice and sultry delivery, i would think boy that guy must be awesome.
If i saw Brodie, i would be like, yeah that guy might be a Communist, probably smells like shit, he's tall tho, pretty tall guy, might be able to handle himself in a fight, THAT'S IT.
And, i promise you guys, i wouldn't be as high on Erick if he sounded like Big Cass on the mic, but he doesn't, he sounds like a monster, Brodie does not, he sounds like just another guy, and his facials are very bland also.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00PD utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,959 Posts
Harper was always the most talented wrestler, but Rowan actually did grow into a solid big man wrestler in his own right.

And with how AEW has used him so far, I would actually take a Bludgeon Brothers reunion over what he's doing now. I can't even believe I'm saying that.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Vince was right, they are much better as a team. I really like both and have wanted decent singles runs for each but when going alone they have both been pretty meh. Rowan re-establishing himself with Bryan was great, but then he got lost again when he went on his own after some attempted intrigue with the cage. Brodie needs to change his attire and they need to just end this Dark Order stuff, teaming him back with Rowan and getting them involved with FTR and Butcher and the Blade I think would be decent.

The other thing they could always go with if Rowan was signed is Archer/Brodie/Rowan with Jake as their cult leader. I still think they missed a massive trick with putting Jake with Archer rather than Brodie, not that I didn‘t and don’t enjoy Jake and Archer I just don’t think Archer needed it and could have stood on his own (then was fed to Cody anyways).

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I mean an argument might be made about the better voice but I'm not sold just on that, more limited wrestler, worse on the mic (I mean not like Brodie is a complete master or anything but out of the two of them he's better), and really they've been put together with enough gimmicks as is, we don't need to see yet another attempt in another company.

Erick Redbeard is actually a much cooler name than Eric Rowan. That's a rare trade up when losing the fed name.
I mean much better than "Thoruf Marius" like he used before.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Erick "Redbeard" was Rowan in the WWE, right?

I've always thought he was talented but he was mostly lost in the shuffle after his run in the Bludgeon Brothers team with Brodie Lee/Luke Harper. I doubt that AEW will pick him up because as someone else mentioned, Brodie Lee doesn't have a problem with Redbeard but wants to go on his own moving forward. Impact would be a good landing spot for Redbeard.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Whether he joins AEW or not, I think he should just call himself "Redbeard" and drop the Erick. Either name kind of makes him sound like a geek regardless but just calling himself Redbeard makes him sound like less of a geek.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Erick Redbeard is a fucking awful name. What is wrong with using his real name? Joseph Ruud works fine. You can adapt it to Rude if you want. Joseph can become Joe or Joey. If you don’t want the Rude association, because of Rick and/or Bobby, then you can always go “Rudd.” What’s wrong with a wrestler named “Joe Rudd?”

1 - 20 of 38 Posts