Wrestling Forum banner

Eric Young Shoots on Vince McMahon: "You failed as a leader!"

768 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  yeahright2 
#1 ·

Something obvious, but soon or later it had to be exploded on the chairman's face.

#6 ·
EY didn´t say anything about being a top star, he simply said that if you can´t find something for EY to do on TV, you´ve failed.. I tend to agree with him, EY can do it all, whether it´s comedy, serious heel, face. you name it. Except for 15 minute promos due to his voice.

#3 ·
Didn't he return his investors something like $43 million in profits this quarter? I don't know if he failed them as a leader. And look, you might not like that, but it's the reality of the WWE business model.

I've got nothing against Eric Young. He's a solid talent. But he spent a lot of his career collecting dust in TNA and doing bad comedy shit instead of putting himself in a position where he could have endeared himself more to the WWE and Vince McMahon. Talent never want to be realistic about themselves and what they bring to the table. And yeah, the dude has surely busted his ass for wrestling. But who would you demote in order to promote him? When did this guy really warrant a giant push? He served a function, at best, at some points during his career.

#5 ·
I get what Eric is saying. Even if the company is doing well, if your job is to listen to your wrestlers and allow them to give input, you make the time. With everyone that comes out saying Vince is hard to get through to, I can understand the frustration.

I know that Vince is incredibly busy and has limited time, but if Vince actually allowed other management of important duties there would be time for wrestler like Eric to get in a word with Vince / whoever else is in that role.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.