Wrestling Forum banner

Eric Bischoff Comments on Number of PPVs

4771 Views 73 Replies 52 Participants Last post by  USAUSA1
I agree with Bischoff, TNA needs to have less PPVs, keep Genesis, Lockdown, Slammiversary, Bound for Glory and Final Resolution.
Eric Bischoff commented on the number of pay per views on his Facebook page:

"Definitely need to drop the number of PPV's, The business isn't hot enough to sustain the current number and doing them hurts the long term viability of the category. Worked in the 90s. Not now. Just my personal opinion. It will take balls and vision to change the model."

Credit to Pro Wrestling Dot Net
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

· Premium Member
4,422 Posts
Balls and vision? How long is their contract with InDemand and such?

TNA needs to keep it simple. Lockdown, Bound For Glory, and Slammiversary. All online. TNA will save and make more money that way. 10,000 buys at ten dollars a pop means 100,000 pure profit for TNA. They will not have to share it with anyone (if they stream from their own site) and even if they DO have to go to another website and stream it...I'm sure they would be coming out with more then they would if they were using InDemand.

· Registered
39,577 Posts
Balls and vision? How long is their contract with InDemand and such?

TNA needs to keep it simple. Lockdown, Bound For Glory, and Slammiversary. All online. TNA will save and make more money that way. 10,000 buys at ten dollars a pop means 100,000 pure profit for TNA. They will not have to share it with anyone (if they stream from their own site) and even if they DO have to go to another website and stream it...I'm sure they would be coming out with more then they would if they were using InDemand.
This. Id keep Destination X if they plan to bring back the division at some point and possible Victory Road as a lead in.

· Dear Internet,
1,878 Posts
Personally I would like to see the number of PPV's per year cut to 6. However I'm not convinced that by halving the amount of PPV's per year, that they would more than double their average buyrate. I don't think that's realistic. If they can make it work then great, I hope they can.

· Banned
388 Posts
The less TV this man produces a year the better.

· Registered
12,980 Posts
Meltzer said the last ppv did 15,000 which is just extremely low. I don't even know why they bother with ppvs anymore. I think a LIVE show on Spike TV in a Clash of Champions format is probably better for TNA since they seem to care more about ratings than buyrates.

· Registered
3,087 Posts
i think we ALL can agree that TNA need less PPV's. Not only will having less PPV ADDS the buyrates for each PPV, it also adds the anticipation if booked right for the few PPVs and Saves tons of money in the process. It a win win situation.

· Registered
1,931 Posts
I say five pay per views a year. Genesis to begin storylines and feuds, Lockdown for gang warfare and big matches, Slammiversary as the mid-year, summery event, Hard Justice should be made kind of like Uncensored or Extreme Rules, and then Bound for Glory is the big one. If serious thought went into these ppvs, then I'd probably order a couple myself. TNA being out of the iMPACT! zone is enough to interest me, but a good show helps, too.

· The Middle Rope
2,473 Posts
Scrap:

Final Resolution, Turning Point, Victory Road, Sacrifice,No Surrender. Who buys them anyway?

Have The remaining PPV's outside of the impact zone.

Destination X - The only time when Ultimate X is used.
Lockdown - All matches should be 6 SIDES of steel.
Slammiversary - This being the 3rd biggest ppv of the year.
BFG - Biggest show of the year.
Hardcore Justice - All matches are Hardcore matches.
Genesis - Opening ppv of the year.

· Registered
634 Posts
Scrap:

Final Resolution, Turning Point, Victory Road, Sacrifice,No Surrender. Who buys them anyway?

Have The remaining PPV's outside of the impact zone.

Destination X - The only time when Ultimate X is used.
Lockdown - All matches should be 6 SIDES of steel.
Slammiversary - This being the 3rd biggest ppv of the year.
BFG - Biggest show of the year.
Hardcore Justice - All matches are Hardcore matches.
Genesis - Opening ppv of the year.
Keep Final Resolution, since it is supposed to be the final PPV of the year.

Make Victory Road TNA's version of Backlash.

Scrap Destination X and Hardcore Justice.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.