Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this the best excuse note ever? Obama gives fifth-grader presidential pardon for missing school

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rdons-fifth-grader-absence.html#ixzz1wkKcphYi

Barack Obama gave a fifth-grader the perfect excuse for missing a day of school on Friday – a signed note explaining the boy’s absence.

Tyler Sullivan, from Rochester, Minnesota, was at the Honeywell factory in Golden Valley where his veteran father, Ryan Sullivan, introduced the President of the United States on to the stage.

'I was sitting in the front row,' the 11-year-old told NBC. 'I was pretty excited.'

But Tyler had even more reason to be bowled over when he had the opportunity of meeting Obama and shaking his hand.

‘I said, “Hi President,”' Tyler told the network. 'And then he started asking me questions and he was like, "Oh, you must be out of school then?"'

The President then reached for a pad of paper and a pen from the White House and proceeded to write the schoolboy an excuse note, complete with a presidential signature.

‘Mr. Ackerson, Please Excuse Tyler... he was with me! Barack Obama,’ the President wrote.

‘I was like. really?’ said Tyler. ‘I kind of want to brag at school and say “look what I got!”’

Tyler has now framed the note, which he hopes will be accepted by his teacher when he returns to school on Monday.

'I'm bringing this and showing it to my teacher Mr. Ackerman in Rochester,' said Sullivan. 'And I'll show you, "this is why I missed school on Friday."'

·
Premium Member
13,090 Posts
PR? he does this for alot of kids, this one decided to make it public. Its not like Obama or his publicist is running around saying "HEY, LOOK, WE GAVE THIS KID A FUCKING ABSENCE NOTE!!1!111!1!!11ONE!"
Oh please, any positive press for anyone is pure PR, the press is always for sale.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
Oh please, any positive press for anyone is pure PR, the press is always for sale.
oh my...I'm no fan of American mainstream media either, but to say that this kid and his father did this to trump up good pr for Obama is pretty ignorant.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
hurrr i just saw the URL for that article. Are you implying that UK media is now trying to give Obama--a political figure who has no constituents in the UK--publicity? Granted this story is being picked up by every major news outlet...If someone can trace this story to either an Obama-friendly news network as the original source, or an Obama staffer, then we cant assume anything more than "this is a pretty cool story"

I never will understand the mentality behind the "OMG THEYRE IN DA NOOZ, MUST BE FOR DA PUBLICITY YO" replies...

·
Premium Member
13,090 Posts
There is no such thing as an unbiased news source, they are always doing favors for someone or trying to appeal to a certain demographic. Therefore, any news at all is made with the intent to make someone you support look better, or make someone you oppose look worse.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
I honestly dont think you appreciate the "cool" factor of the story, but instead are insisting that it's all a gigantic PR stunt. At the end of the day, the kid got a hand-written note to skip school from our president. Whether you like him or not, or think it's a PR stunt, at least admit that this is pretty awesome. You appear, at least on the surface, to be an obama detractor by turning this into "ah fuck him, it's all a big PR stunt" bullshit

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
I honestly dont think you appreciate the "cool" factor of the story, but instead are insisting that it's all a gigantic PR stunt. At the end of the day, the kid got a hand-written note to skip school from our president. Whether you like him or not, or think it's a PR stunt, at least admit that this is pretty awesome. You appear, at least on the surface, to be an obama detractor by turning this into "ah fuck him, it's all a big PR stunt" bullshit
I am probably the biggest Obama critic here at WF, and I think it's pretty cool he gave a note excusing him from class. To write it off as a PR stunt is pretty asinine. Besides, several states' electoral votes ain't going to swing his way just because he excused a kid from school.

Maybe it's because I actually like Obama as a person, just don't agree with his politics and can separate the two unlike others. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts