Tiffany
Titus O’Neil
Tyler Reks
Tyson Kidd
Vickie Guerrero
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

We wish them all well with their future endeavours.”

Although there were a lot of names, many of them weren’t too shocking. Exceptions included Chavo and Vickie Guerrero; the story here was apparently that both of them were sick of the way they were being treated in the WWE and decided to depart with the hopes of being picked up by TNA.

Another big name was Kaval, who won NXT season two and was booked to face Dolph Ziggler at Survivor Series two nights later but internet reports stated that after hearing that management had no future plans for him he wanted out of the promotion and no-showed a live event leading to his release.

The biggest name on the list however was MVP, who left on good terms with the WWE. Reports stated that he felt his career was stalling and wanted to see how he would fare in other promotions or even other sports before he became too old. Management respected his decision and wrote him out of his part in a Survivor Series match before he departed.

Many WWE superstars were fired that day but the loss of all of these combined would be nothing compared to what was to come just a few days later.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: A New Power

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010

The wrestling world was in shock. Something huge had happened, something that nobody had ever thought possible. Triple H had left the WWE. There were still no details on what had happened but it was confirmed by his profile being removed from WWE’s official website and other WWE related media.
Wednesday, November 24th 2010

Details had surfaced regarding the release of Triple H the day before, even though the wrestling world was still getting used to he fact that he was no longer working for Vince McMahon, his father in law.

Apparently there had been tension brewing between Paul (Levesque aka Triple H) and Vince for months, since he became inactive as a wrestler. Vince wanted Paul to return as quickly as possible and start wrestling again because he was lacking significant draws. Paul on the other hand wanted to stay more on the booking side of things and had even brought up a possible retirement in the coming months. This didn’t sit well with Vince who apparently reduced Paul’s creative power in a hope to get him back into the ring but this just made him angrier and he felt betrayed by his own father-in-law according to inside sources.

Eventually Vince realised he wasn’t making any progress and gave Paul an ultimatum: return by the Royal Rumble or lose total creative control backstage. This was said one month ago apparently and Paul immediately knew which decision he would make. He also knew that with these circumstances he could not stay with the WWE. He talked with his wife Stephanie (McMahon) about what he would pursue after leaving and met with some high profile people. These talks became more and more serious over the month of November until the 23rd, when he officially announced his departure from World Wrestling Entertainment. It would soon become apparent that he had one thing in mind upon leaving the WWE:

Starting a wrestling promotion.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts

You've got yourself quite a backstory, obviously more are to come, this isn't it but you are either cleaning up the WWE from people you do'nt want to use and enter 2011 with a roster of superstars you plan on pushing or, write for this company that Triple H starts up with a new roster using some of the guys you released previously.

either way this has lots of potential, hopefuly this goes well for you and don't give up on it. Best of luck.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Friday, November 26th 2010

The Triple H fiasco was still unwinding as three days after his departure; his wife Stephanie McMahon also had left the WWE. Many people expected this coming as she would have in a sense had to choose between her husband and her father and obviously she chose the father of her children to follow.
Wednesday, December 1st 2010

Triple H posted a link on his official Twitter account to a domain name www.epw-wrestling.com. All that was on the site so far was a single blog post written by Paul Levesque, which read:

“As many of you know, it has been just over a week since I left World Wrestling Entertainment and I’m sure many of you know the reasons I did so. However, I have been planning for well over a month now, making phone calls, emails and text messages and having talks with some very important people. What for, you may ask? Well it’s about time to reveal the next stage in my career.

Entertainment Pro Wrestling…

Ever since I knew that I was leaving the WWE I had planned to make a company to eventually rival them, something the wrestling world needs. I knew exactly who to talk to as well. The first man I talked to was Donald Trump. Now what none of you will know is that Trump and my father-in-law have had a very shaky relationship since he last appeared in the WWE. I’m not too sure what happened exactly but basically Vince told Trump that he was no longer welcome on his programming. Now I knew that Mr. Trump was still a huge wrestling fan and when I approached him with the idea of starting a new promotion he jumped right on board, perhaps only to spite Vince.

Trump’s motives aside, he agreed to provide my promotion EPW with financial backing until some sponsors signed on board. He also helped me negotiate a TV deal with the network FX. I have a verbal contract with representatives from FX that dictate that when EPW is ready to get going as a company, they will be ready to broadcast it on an initial 3 month contract.

As you can see my lifelong dream of having my own promotion was coming to life, and there were only positive steps to be taken.”

A note remained at the bottom of the blog stating that it was unfinished and that the author had opted to complete it later.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Friday, December 3rd 2010

There was an update to Triple H’s blog post he had started two days earlier. Continuing on from where he finished last time, it read:

“The next person I talked to was Shane McMahon, my brother-in-law. I told him about what I had planned to do and what I had gained so far and he said that he could use his connections within the UFC to help negotiate a deal between them and EPW to cross-advertise. I thanked him for this as this would surely help the fans take notice of my new promotion but Shane wasn’t finished as he also offered to help with booking on the show. Being the only booker for my new promotion, I immediately accepted, glad to have a partner on board.

With Shane getting me thinking about needing bookers, I naturally went to the one man who I thought would be perfect for the job, Shawn Michaels. I was overjoyed when he said that he would accept a role as a booker and possible on screen character within EPW and I said I would honour his retirement by not forcing him to wrestle unless he wanted to.

The final person I contacted was Booker T. I needed a developmental territory of sorts where future superstars could be groomed and I thought of a way I could hit two birds with one stone. I not only offered Booker a position in the company as either a wrestler or non-wrestler but also the chance for his promotion Pro Wrestling Alliance to be EPW’s official partnership company, as well as a place to develop future superstars. Booker agreed and I was over the moon.

Things were definitely shaping up for EPW. Over the next few weeks leading up to when I first posted this blog I managed to hire doctors, ring workers and other staff needed in the general running of a wrestling company. I was almost done and had only one thing left that I needed in the promotion- the wrestlers.”

Triple H signed off on the blog post and promised that he would set up a roster page in the next few days.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Sunday, December 5th 2010

A roster page was set up on www.epw-wrestling.com, two days after the blog post was finished. On it were only the names discussed previously in the blog. Under non-wrestlers were Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Stephanie McMahon and Shane McMahon and under male wrestlers was Booker T, indicating that he would indeed be a part of EPW as an active wrestler.
Friday, December 10th 2010

After a few days of no visible developments for EPW, a new blog post was made by Triple H, which read:

“EPW is proud to announce the signings of Chavo Guerrero, Vickie Guerrero, Awesome Kong and Gregory Helms.

I contacted Chavo right after he left WWE knowing he had intentions of going to TNA. When he found out about EPW he accepted the chance to become one of the new promotion’s first new superstars. I was also lucky enough to have Vickie Guerrero accept to be a non-wrestler on the show.

Awesome Kong was actually the first wrestler of any gender I contacted in regards to them joining EPW. After working out some contract issues I am proud to announce Kong as my first women’s division wrestler. I’m sure she will be one of the pioneers of the new division.

I have always been a large fan of Gregory Helms and was against the decision to fire him when he was in the WWE, a decision made by Vince. He was more than happy to sign with EPW and I welcome him into my new promotion.”

Their profiles were also added to the roster page, with Chavo and Helms under male wrestlers, Kong under female wrestlers and Vickie under non-wrestlers.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Friday, 17th December 2010

A new blog post was up, exactly a week after the last. Triple H stated that posts would be made every week to reveal new superstars he had signed to EPW, and they would continue until all eventual superstars were revealed.. The latest post read as follows:

“EPW is proud to announce the signings of Sharmell, Gail Kim, Mike Knox, Kaval and Armando Alejandro Estrada.

Sharmell joining the company was no surprise because of Booker T joining and she will most likely be working with him as a manager or valet.

Gail Kim being released from the WWE I saw as a great thing because I value her as an amazing wrestler and I hope she will be another one of the pioneers of the EPW Women’s division.

Mike Knox and Kaval are both wrestlers I thought were underutilized in the WWE and are also some of the first I contacted to be a part of EPW. I think that they will both excel in this environment.

Armando Alejandro Estrada is somebody I brought into EPW as a manager and not a wrestler as I think he has a great potential to get a superstar who may not be as good on the mic as he is on the ring over.”

The profiles of Knox and Kaval were added to male wrestlers, Gail was added to female wrestlers and Sharmell and Estrada were added to non-wrestlers.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Kaval, Booker, Chavo and Helms are all good. Not too sure about Knox though but whatever, it's up to you. I hope you sign some of the guys you released, not just for nothing you released them, I would really like to see you use guys like MVP and Zach. Should be interesting to see how this pans out but one bit of advice for you to speed up the process, at this rate by the time you have all the backstory and what-not done it would lose it's interest.

chow for now.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Friday, 24th December 2010

The wrestling world eagerly awaited the next post on the EPW website and it was posted right on time by Triple H.

“EPW is proud to announce the signings of Matt Hardy, Paul London, Ashley, Supercrazy, Psicosis and Juventud Guerrera.

Matt Hardy is somebody I was reluctant to sign after the circumstances with which he left the WWE but after a lot of thought and some convincing from Gregory Helms I decided to give him a starter contract, one shorter than the other superstars I am signing. I have faith in him to perform and can’t go past his connection with the fans so I hope that he will succeed in EPW.

It may seem ironic to follow up Hardy with somebody he doesn’t like in Paul London but I persuaded Paul to sign despite him having a bitter relationship to Matt, which I’m sure the two can get past.

Also signed is Ashley, Hardy’s ex-girlfriend and now good friend. She has signed with EPW to be a valet and possibly an occasional wrestler.

Finally the Mexicools have been signed. Supercrazy and Psicosis will work as a tag team, that is confirmed, but yet to be decided is whether Juventud will work with them in a stable or work separately.”

Hardy, London, Psicosis, Supercrazy and Juventud were added to male wrestlers while Ashley was added to non-wrestlers for the time being. HHH also promised a big announcement for next week, New Year’s Eve.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Some great lower and mid card names so far announced however, besides Booker you don't have any main event level superstars. I know you are going to push and make your own stars but for the first few months until you do, no one - yet seems to be at the level of holding your EPW world title. Which may be a problem. Hopefuly you get some free agents that have experience in the upper card/main event level scene such as Jericho (you can make some kayfabe story up about him really being fired etc. not just taking time off), Batista, Goldberg, JBL, Lesnar (you can probably do soemthing like Jericho here).

So yeah, I hope you get what I mean, you are in need of at least two big names to help your main title start off with a bang and to healdine PPV's until you make your own guys.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Friday, December 31st 2010

“EPW is proud to announce the signings of Lilian Garcia, Torrie Wilson, Josh Matthews and Chris Jericho.

That’s right guys; the big announcement I promised last week is none other than Chris Jericho. Although it looked like Jericho would be returning to the WWE soon I persuaded him to sign with EPW. The reason he did so was because he was told by Vince that he would not be winning any more world titles while in our agreement he will still have a rather high chance of capturing EPW’s top title when it is created.

Lilian, Torrie and Josh also fill out some necessary positions on the roster. Garcia will work as EPW’s ring announcer, Torrie will work as EPW’s backstage interviewer and Josh will work as EPW’s play-by-play commentator.”

Jericho was added to male wrestlers while Garcia, Wilson and Matthews were all added to non-wrestlers.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Friday, January 7th 2011

“EPW is proud to announce the signings of Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Paul Burchill, Jimmy Yang, Kevin Thorn and Ariel.

Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas are the second official tag team I have signed to EPW. They approached me about positions and I signed them immediately, complying with their request to work as a tag team at least initially in EPW. I am very excited to have such an established duo in the tag team division.

Paul Burchill is a superstar I approached as I view him as a great talent who wasn’t used to his full potential in the WWE. Having signed him I guarantee that EPW will give him a greater chance to succeed.

Jimmy Yang is a worker who approached me about working in EPW. I was initially interested in signing recent WWE alumni Yoshi Tatsu but I was impressed by Yang’s eagerness. That isn’t saying that there’s no room for both in EPW however as Yoshi still may be pursued in the future.

Kevin Thorn is yet another worker who approached me about a position and I accepted, valuing him as a worker and always ready to welcome interesting characters. Once he was signed I contacted his former valet Ariel and talked her into signing with EPW as well because I think that the two superstars will work best as a duo.”

Shelton, Haas, Burchill, Yang and Thorn were added to male wrestlers on the roster page while Ariel was added to non-wrestlers for the time being.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Friday, January 14th 2011

“EPW is proud to announce the signings of Montel Vontavious Porter, Curt Hawkins, Little Guido, Tony Mamaluke, Jillian Hall and Roxxi.

MVP is somebody I immediately contacted after he departed from the WWE about appearing in EPW. It took some convincing for him to sign due to the fact that if he did the WWE would likely not take him back but he is now a part of the roster after a long-term contract was signed.

Curt Hawkins and Jillian Hall are both WWE alumni who contacted me about positions within EPW and I happily signed both of them.

Guido and Mamaluke (the FBI) are veterans who I have signed for the tag team division and also to work part-time as backstage trainers. Because of this their in-ring appearances will be more limited than most others.

Roxxi is a former TNA Knockout who I thought would add something extra to the EPW women’s division, which is why I signed her. I hope for her to be one of the reasons the EPW females will be the best of the best in wrestling.”

MVP, Hawkins, Guido and Mamaluke were added to male wrestlers on the roster page while Jillian and Roxxi were added to female wrestlers.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Friday, January 21st 2011

“EPW is proud to announce the signings of Carlito, Zack Ryder, Manu, Trent Barreta, Caylen Croft and Hamada.

Carlito, Zack Ryder and Manu are all wrestlers that were released from the WWE at different points in time and all three don’t have the best reputation backstage. They have been signed to EPW after they all promised to clean up their act and perform to the best of their abilities. Failure to do so will result in re-evaluation of their contracts and possible termination. Nevertheless, I recognise the talent of all three and I’m sure that their past actions won’t hinder their possible success in EPW.

Trent Barreta and Caylen Croft are my favourite new tag team in the wrestling world and when the WWE fired them after hardly using them at all I jumped on the opportunity to sign this talented young duo to contracts.

Hamada has worked previously in TNA and also a lot in her native Japan and the reason I have signed her is because of her tremendous in-ring capabilities and I hope that she can teach some of the less-experienced females in EPW as well as wrestling in the women’s division.”

Carlito, Ryder, Manu, Croft and Barreta were added to the male wrestlers section of the roster page while Hamada was added to female wrestlers.

·
STILL learning kayfabe
413 Posts
Nice Move with the last signing with Zack Ryder, Carlito and Manu. I dont know Hamanda but you have quite a roster.

Reactions: X-Power
1 - 20 of 38 Posts