Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ffs feels like I'm stuck in a time warp, time paradox, time machine, ground hogs day.

Feels like and I might be right they have wrestled for the title 5 times with a 6 match on the way.

Id be one thing if it was great rivalry or feud that they keep coming back to but they dont even have a rivalry to speak of.

And im sure they keep going back to Nikki cause they have no credible challengers or no opponent we dont want to see go up agaisnt Bayley either.

Naomi- needs to be built up more
Lacey- dont think fans want to see them square off again
Alexa- when she completes her new character then I say have the match
Sonya- Sadly gone for the time being
Mandy-Went to Raw
Tamina-...............

There is kinda no one else for Bayley to take on. Expect for Sasha of course and we all know it's coming but save it for WrestleMania37.

Even worse you know Nikki is not taking the title off Bayley, it's going to Sasha, so their match is a throwaway match.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,804 Posts
Ffs feels like I'm stuck in a time warp, time paradox, time machine, ground hogs day.

Feels like and I might be right they have wrestled for the title 5 times with a 6 match on the way.

Id be one thing if it was great rivalry or feud that they keep coming back to but they dont even have a rivalry to speak of.

And im sure they keep going back to Nikki cause they have no credible challengers or no opponent we dont want to see go up agaisnt Bayley either.

Naomi- needs to be built up more
Lacey- dont think fans want to see them square off again
Alexa- when she completes her new character then I say have the match
Sonya- Sadly gone for the time being
Mandy-Went to Raw
Tamina-...............

There is kinda no one else for Bayley to take on. Expect for Sasha of course and we all know it's coming but save it for WrestleMania37.

Even worse you know Nikki is not taking the title off Bayley, it's going to Sasha, so their match is a throwaway match.
I actually see Sasha taking the title off Bayley at Hell In A Cell, i don't see how they can drag this feud out all the way til WM, and Bayley's already held the belt forever as it is. I see them having a HIAC match where Sasha takes the belt.

·
Registered
503 Posts
With Sasha coming back a mere two weeks after the beating, I'm willing to bet she's taking the title off Bayley at HIAC.
They simply can't wait until Mania. Bayley's had the belt basically from May 2019 to now. (sans five days for a Charlotte to get her number up)

·
Registered
9,362 Posts
Bayley's reign is the most ridiculously padded reign ever. Like, 90% of her title defenses were obvious filler where she was the 99% favorite to win and her opponent clearly had NO chance. I hate that kind of booking where it's obviously done to just pad a reign. I think the only time I doubted was Charlotte last year and Lacey at RR.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Bayley's reign is the most ridiculously padded reign ever. Like, 90% of her title defenses were obvious filler where she was the 99% favorite to win and her opponent clearly had NO chance. I hate that kind of booking where it's obviously done to just pad a reign. I think the only time I doubted was Charlotte last year and Lacey at RR.
thats what happens when you focus an entire division around 5 girls

·
Southern Pride
3,848 Posts
I would like to see Sasha cost Bayley the title somehow. Let Nikki win it if they are going to keep putting her in this situation.

People being outraged about Naomi...Nikki has been the main "punching bag" from Bayley and Sasha for months. Whether in singles matches with them or tag team matches. Before her it was Lacey in some sort of variation of a match.

Sasha and Bayley never needed any of the titles to feud in the first place. Bayley was beating women before she turned heel and joined Sasha. She was unstoppable on her own....but because Bayley turned heel she then became dependent on her friend.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Totally agree. It´s time Cross takes the title and gets a decent run with it. Banks/Bayley shouldn´t need a title to feud over anyway.

·
Nostalgic at heart
27 Posts
I would like to see Sasha cost Bayley the title somehow. Let Nikki win it if they are going to keep putting her in this situation.

People being outraged about Naomi...Nikki has been the main "punching bag" from Bayley and Sasha for months. Whether in singles matches with them or tag team matches. Before her it was Lacey in some sort of variation of a match.

Sasha and Bayley never needed any of the titles to feud in the first place. Bayley was beating women before she turned heel and joined Sasha. She was unstoppable on her own....but because Bayley turned heel she then became dependent on her friend.
Totally agree with this. Most people assume that it must be that it's Sasha vs Bayley for the Smackdown Women's title but why should it be? Bayley's actions would be enough IMO for this to be a straight up blood feud between Sasha and Bayley and that's it. The main backstory behind Bayley's title reign since she won the title has always been if Bayley can retain the title without Sasha even getting involved and it was pretty much implied by the booking over time that no, she can't. By having Nikki beat Bayley for the title, not only do you further the current angle with Sasha and Bayley but you also add to Bayley's credentials as a full-fledged heel and what she portrays on TV.

In the meantime, you also give Nikki Cross finally a first run with the title and you don't necessarily need it to be long, as I would expect her to drop the title to Alexa down the road while she completes her transformation as the mystified by the Fiend character. I could see them trade the titles a bit as well until there's some sort of resolution for the Nikki/Alexa fractured partnership. The bottom line for me is that you don't need the title for Sasha vs Bayley to feel like the most important feud in the Smackdown Women's division as they've been the centerpieces of it for the past year.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
LMAO @ sasha bayley not needing the title given the storyline. Thats some of the dumbest shit I've read on this forum by far. If yall don't like the golden role models, just say yall don't like them, but dont make up random bullshit.

Also lol @ Lacey being a victim in all this when she basically made Sasha her bitch in their feud.

·
Waiting for Kawato
1,042 Posts
It's actually mind blowing they've just gone with this again. Unless they're planning to do something with Alexa costing Nikki the match or something it's comically ridiculous stuff. Like, what happened to the Naomi movement? Didn't she just beat Bayley on TV a few weeks ago? Would that not warrant getting a title shot? Has she even been on TV since then?

·
Registered
855 Posts
It is just to have Nikki as Bayley fodder.. Alexa will attack Nikki costing the match.. but did it need to be a title match? They could have just did that for the contender match, but then they'd have that bimbo Lacey win 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
It’s hard really as any of Cross, Evans or Tamina feel like a rehash. Even Naomi has been done before and they are already getting slated for wasting her. Evans herself feels a bit Big Show at the moment with her turning week to week. I agree with the suggestion earlier of this having been a good time to bump up Rhea and give her the title if the intention is to move it away from Sasha/Bayley but I doubt they are. Nikki’s that solid hand who won’t really hurt at all, but it’s a shame she is getting to get some promo’s in of where she came from only to used for a few filler matches; maybe she will never be more than that but I’d like to see her at least get a transitional run.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Yeah it is tiring seeing the same match when we know the result is going to be the same. I think they just do it to advance the story, and keep anyone who is relevant strong.

·
Registered
9,362 Posts
It's actually mind blowing they've just gone with this again. Unless they're planning to do something with Alexa costing Nikki the match or something it's comically ridiculous stuff. Like, what happened to the Naomi movement? Didn't she just beat Bayley on TV a few weeks ago? Would that not warrant getting a title shot? Has she even been on TV since then?
The fact that Naomi didn't win makes it more obvious Nikki is losing. If they wanted a new or even transitional champ, they would have used anyone else who's higher up the ladder.

They clearly consider Nikki the best fodder right now.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The fact that Naomi didn't win makes it more obvious Nikki is losing. If they wanted a new or even transitional champ, they would have used anyone else who's higher up the ladder.

They clearly consider Nikki the best fodder right now.
Billie is only one higher up the ladder worthy of taking the belt!
20200706_051745.jpg

Otherwise just keep it between Bayley and Sasha

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Only way they keep this match intersting for me is if Sasha or Alexa or both interrupt the match or somehow Bayley and Nikki pull off a near 5 star classic but I dont see that happening.

About Sasha vs Bayley at WrestleMania 37.
Since Sasha is coming back this week. Book them to have the match at HIAC. Nearly everybody will think Sasha will win right? No have Sasha lose but come extremely close to beating Bayley.

Then draft Sasha to Raw and they have no interaction till Sasha wins 2021 Royal Rumble and picks Bayley as her opponent for the Smackdown title again at WM37. With months of build from RR21 to WM37 the anticipation for the match can grow more and more till WM finally arrives and Sasha wins this time giving her 1st WM moment.

It can be as big as their match in NXT Brooklyn but this time the roles are reversed

·
Registered
855 Posts
Only way they keep this match intersting for me is if Sasha or Alexa or both interrupt the match or somehow Bayley and Nikki pull off a near 5 star classic but I dont see that happening.

About Sasha vs Bayley at WrestleMania 37.
Since Sasha is coming back this week. Book them to have the match at HIAC. Nearly everybody will think Sasha will win right? No have Sasha lose but come extremely close to beating Bayley.

Then draft Sasha to Raw and they have no interaction till Sasha wins 2021 Royal Rumble and picks Bayley as her opponent for the Smackdown title again at WM37. With months of build from RR21 to WM37 the anticipation for the match can grow more and more till WM finally arrives and Sasha wins this time giving her 1st WM moment.

It can be as big as their match in NXT Brooklyn but this time the roles are reversed
Its gonna be Alexa! Shes being brainwashed by The Fiend

1 - 20 of 28 Posts