Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your personal ring announcer can draw more heat in his pinky finger then you ever will then its time for the WWE to stop trying to cram ya down peoples throats in main even matches.

If your a boring ginger and the guy you squash in 18 seconds draws way more of a reaction then you ever will despite you being shoved down peoples throats for 2 years it's time for the WWE to throw in the towel and cut loses instead of being an unbeatable monster face.

While I am all for pushing the next generation of superstars those 2 dudes aint it they should never be higher then upper mid card ever.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Agreed with thetungwakou, something needs to be done. But Sheamus and DB complement each other with the reactions that they get and how good they are in the ring. They both get huge reactions out of the crowd, but their booking is horrible.

Reactions: Firallon

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Sheamus remains massively over. Stop making a fool of yourself.
Bryan isn't even more over than Ryder was during his pinnacle, and how far did that get Ryder?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Sheamus remains massively over. Stop making a fool of yourself.
Bryan isn't even more over than Ryder was during his pinnacle, and how far did that get Ryder?
I wish you fucks would stop comparing the gawd to Ryder. D-Bry was getting a push before he became massively over. They never intended to push Ryder, and She-must practically came out to silence tonight. Sheamful is not as over as he's supposed to be.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Del Rio this year is the same as Sheamus in 2010. All the tools to be a top star, but massively overpushed, fed titles meaninglessly without the fans having any reason to give a damn about him. In a year or two, once WWE has realized that you won't make stars by shoving them down the fans' throats, and they have to have some legit build, I fully expect he'll be solid top heel.

Sheamus is still over, even if the Wrestlemania debacle hurt him. He'll recover from it, no doubt about it.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I think the move back to Smackdown will help Del Rio, pretty sure WWE have already realised he's not doing well on Raw. Sounds odd to say considering he's a 2 time WWE Champion.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I wish you fucks would stop comparing the gawd to Ryder. D-Bry was getting a push before he became massively over. They never intended to push Ryder, and She-must practically came out to silence tonight. Sheamful is not as over as he's supposed to be.
So, the difference between Ryder and Bryan is that Bryan was already being pushed when he became over? Doesn't that say even more for the popularity of Ryder? Kind of funny how people decide that it's okay for the WWE to only push the guys it wants to when someone "they" like happens to be the one pushed.

I'm not saying that Ryder is even remotely in Bryan's league as a wrestler, BUT the popularity is/was similar. You can't argue that one guy deserves a massive push due to fan support but the other guy didn't. Therefore, when Bryan gets "buried" over the next four months, there shouldn't be any complaining, because that's what the WWE had planned all along.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
So, the difference between Ryder and Bryan is that Bryan was already being pushed when he became over? Doesn't that say even more for the popularity of Ryder? Kind of funny how people decide that it's okay for the WWE to only push the guys it wants to when someone "they" like happens to be the one pushed.

I'm not saying that Ryder is even remotely in Bryan's league as a wrestler, BUT the popularity is/was similar. You can't argue that one guy deserves a massive push due to fan support but the other guy didn't. Therefore, when Bryan gets "buried" over the next four months, there shouldn't be any complaining, because that's what the WWE had planned all along.
Trust me, nobody will complain. You know, because it won't happen...;)

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Thought the same thing, Thought it was weird that an Owen Hart thread was popping up the SD section.

As for Shemaus and Del Rio. Sheamus had been getting over as a face (specially when he "Stood up to" Henry this past summer) but the lack of direction leading up to and after winning the Rumble and the WM 18 second thing has hurt him some.

As for ADR another poster said it hes kind of suffering from the same thing Sheamus did, very talented but jsut pushed to fast and wasn't allowed to get over before being put on top so when he got there no one cared. Plus the premature move to Raw killed him all together, b/c on SD he was actually starting to get over as a heel in his fued/s with Mysterio. Moving him back to SD will be great for him I think. The guy has the tools to be a top guy i will say that. Also, ADR is GREAT in the ring and so what if it his ring announcer garnering the actual heat at least its some heat and ADR can make faces look GREAT in the ring.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

That's exactly it, breh. They pushed him and then they realized he was shitty and then they stopped pushing him. D-Bry is the only first time world champion in recent memory that was actually elevated to the next level because of his reign. Del Rio flopped, Sheamful's first few runs at the top flopped, and Swagger Jack flopped. It says a lot when a guy that got squashed in 18 seconds gets more tv time than the world champion. Which makes me wonder if anybody besides Cripple H actually gives a shit about him. Sheamful might be the most irrelevant world champion of all time, and the crowd is burying his push in favor of a guy that got squashed in 18 seconds.

*filed and understood*

1 - 20 of 49 Posts