Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me living in England can anyone tell me the last time anyone saw a red bus or red phone booth. I know it doesn’t really matter but if they going to make an English theme you think they could make to reflect modern times

Your thoughts ?

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
Considering I used to live in London, there are plenty of red buses about. The red phone booth though, not too many of them but it's still an iconic London thing, just like the black cabs, fish and chips etc.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
They did O.K. They're not exactly racist and you see them and think London, so whatever.

They made up for it with the football shirts.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
add boris's new londen bus, change the red phone box to the tardis and if they add a black cab make sure and non english person is in it reading a paper.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Red phone boxes are all over England. Red buses and black taxis are still commonly seen in London. What would you rather they had?

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
I visited England last week and I actually did see a red telephone booth when I went there. It was somewhere near Buckingham palace.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Most cabs are black in London, some have adverts on them now. All buses are red in London, though the model they have is an old one only used for tour buses now. Red telephone boxes are found throughout England, not just in London. Newer ones aren't like that, but you can still find the old Red ones all about.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The imagery is slightly lazy shorthand that they use for every show in London, but at the same time it is iconic in nature so you can understand why they take this option.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I know it's not modern but it's iconic and that's what appeals. People are more likely to straight away associate this with London:

than a modern day equivalent like this:

·
Registered
970 Posts
I work in Stroud and there's two old red phone boxes there.
Red buses are mainly used in London for the tourists to see.

I don't see the problem, they're iconic English symbols. I can't think of anything better/more English for them to use... Page 3 models? Daily Mail readers?

·
Registered
670 Posts
They did O.K. They're not exactly racist and you see them and think London, so whatever.

They made up for it with the football shirts.
Except Jerry Lawlor's commentating, he was reading a script and still got it wrong. He said that Chelsea wasn't in London.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts