Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
October has just hit, and we are now 3 months away from the end of 2011. But even so, it's about time we begin discussion of the 2011 Match of the Year.

I did not put a poll in this year's MOTY thread, only because we still have 3 months left before 2012 comes, and Rocky has yet to make his alleged Survivor Series appearance.

But right now, I don't think ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING has come close to the 30+ Minute epic that is the WWE Championship Match at Money in the Bank with John Cena vs CM Punk, in Chicago.

My friends, Discuss.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I think we all know the MITB match is going to win. If it doesn't, then that's just silly. Unless The Rock's wrestling return at Survivor Series is really epic.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I dunno, HHH vs Taker at Mania was a pretty insane rollercoaster ride. It will come down to that match and Punk vs Cena at MITB. I'd be pleased with either one.

·
"This is real..."
1,200 Posts
If anyone says Cena vs Punk at MITB, I'm gonna slap them. Although the crowd reaction was what made it entertaining, the match itself was full of botches. This is coming from a CM Punk mark, too.

·
Vacay in Suplex City!
1,778 Posts
One thing is certain its definitely either HHH V Taker at WM, or Punk V Cena at MITB. HHH V Taker was a fantastic match, and before even watching that match, i gave HHH No shot at winning, But i have to admit when HHH Hit the tombstone on Taker i thought maybe he did it. But i have to Go with Punk V Cena MITB. The atmosphere of the crowd was like no other, And the circumstances going into the match and the Crowd definitely IMO makes it match of the year.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
Punk v Cena MITB. It wasn't 'full of botches' like someone else mentioned, it had just a couple. It was a great back and forth old school match. Just wish they could've put Punk over clean rather than that lame distraction.

HHH/Taker is totally overrated. I love Taker, but he looked in no condition to be competing considering he got badly gassed out after every spot, and HHH didn't look much better.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
If anyone says Cena vs Punk at MITB, I'm gonna slap them. Although the crowd reaction was what made it entertaining, the match itself was full of botches. This is coming from a CM Punk mark, too.
Botches don't mean jackshit if they don't interrupt the flow of the match, which none of them did minus the AA botch and that was only slightly.

The crowd made it entertaining? Nah. It helped, but Punk/Cena had what a lot of WWE matches lack; great psychology.

For the sake of the thread, here's some other MOTYCs, but none of them touch Punk/Cena at MiTB.

Punk/Cena at Summerslam
Orton/Christian at Over the Limit
Ziggler/Edge at Royal Rumble
HHH/'Taker at WrestleMania
Smackdown MiTB at MiTB

·
"This is real..."
1,200 Posts
Botches don't mean jackshit if they don't interrupt the flow of the match, which none of them did minus the AA botch and that was only slightly.

The crowd made it entertaining? Nah. It helped, but Punk/Cena had what a lot of WWE matches lack; great psychology.

For the sake of the thread, here's some other MOTYCs, but none of them touch Punk/Cena at MiTB.

Punk/Cena at Summerslam
Orton/Christian at Over the Limit
Ziggler/Edge at Royal Rumble
HHH/'Taker at WrestleMania
Smackdown MiTB at MiTB

So that botched AA where Punk landed on his butt didn't ruin the flow for you? Same with the botched flying crossbody where Punk landed on Cena's legs. When something like that happens that confuses the crowd, it ruins the flow. Just look at the botched RKO on Sheamus where it look like he hit it but he really didn't. The crowd was just like "WTF?".

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
easily Punk/Cena at MITB lol

people complaining about botches go watch a real fight. nothing ever looks perfect especially after 30 minutes of fighting.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
So that botched AA where Punk landed on his butt didn't ruin the flow for you? Same with the botched flying crossbody where Punk landed on Cena's legs. When something like that happens that confuses the crowd, it ruins the flow. Just look at the botched RKO on Sheamus where it look like he hit it but he really didn't. The crowd was just like "WTF?".
All those botches were noticeable but didn't take me out of the match. The crossbody wasn't that bad, just sloppy. Not every move has to done to perfection to be a 5 star match.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts