Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooner or later the John Laurinatis era of television will have to come to an end and presumably Ace will return to actually being an exectutive. The question is: when? WWE.com has teased the possibility of Stone Cold saving the masses from Ace and if this were to happen, what better way for it to go down than on the 1000th episode of Raw. The thought of Stone Cold stunning Johnny and then Punk's music hitting makes me mark out at the thought of it. I am truly hoping Ace is off television by next year.

·
Banned
283 Posts
nope wont happen srry hes too good right now

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
End the Entertaining Era? Laurinaitis is a great character. He just gets better and better. From giving a thumbs up to Teddy after Teddy's guys would lose, to introducing himself to the same person 20 times, to wishing Morrison the best in his future endeavors, to his awesome electric cart. He's great.

·
Banned
283 Posts
End the Entertaining Era? Laurinaitis is a great character. He just gets better and better. From giving a thumbs up to Teddy after Teddy's guys would lose, to introducing himself to the same person 20 times, to wishing Morrison the best in his future endeavors, to his awesome electric cart. He's great.
^^^word

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
His character has been more tolerable recently. Remember how bad he was last year when he was feuding with Punk.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I actually love Ace's character and want to see him around for awhile longer, but I do admit that too long and he's going to get stale with me. Anything's preferable to Teddy though.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Aside from Daniel Bryan's push, John Laurinaitis' reign as GM of Raw/SD is the only thing in WWE I don't want to end.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I'm sure it'll get stale eventually, but right now he's a rather fun villain, what with his cheesiness and the sense that the man behind the character is a really nice guy ("What's that Cena, you want to pour water down my trousres on live TV? Sure."

I'd be fine with him lasting till the next WM, eventually replaced by Trip H.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will admit...the electric cart reeks of awesomness. And do not get me wrong. I do not mean to come off as though I am literally counting down the days til he is gone as I too enjoy his comedic elements but if he is going to remain post turn of the year, something needs to counter him storyline wise. If that ends up being Punk, Stone Cold, HHH, Vince, whoever...every Joker has to have a Batman, and his character is no exeception. His voice does irritate the piss out of me but the character he has developed is, admittedly, pretty good. I retract my initial "I hope he is off by the end of the year" statement so long as the storyline can stay fresh.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I'm sure it'll get stale eventually, but right now he's a rather fun villain, what with his cheesiness and the sense that the man behind the character is a really nice guy ("What's that Cena, you want to pour water down my trousres on live TV? Sure."

I'd be fine with him lasting till the next WM, eventually replaced by Trip H.

Really? I always thought Ace was a douche IRL, that's why the embarrassment is even funnier?

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Generally he is an entertaining character, but revolving both shows around him is way too much.

The evil boss format has also been done to absolute death, I wish wrestling was inventive enough to come up with something new.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Laurinaitis is too valueable of a character to lose. He gets instant heat from any crowd and any Superstar who is associated with him instantly gets over as a heel.

·
Premium Member
44,390 Posts
I've been yelling for years that the evil boss angle needs to die.

But nobody seems to want to do that. Trust me. Ace will go away and they'll have a new one within a year.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Sooner or later the John Laurinatis era of television will have to come to an end and presumably Ace will return to actually being an exectutive. The question is: when? WWE.com has teased the possibility of Stone Cold saving the masses from Ace and if this were to happen, what better way for it to go down than on the 1000th episode of Raw. The thought of Stone Cold stunning Johnny and then Punk's music hitting makes me mark out at the thought of it. I am truly hoping Ace is off television by next year.
Sorry but that is a crazy statement, would you rather we go back to the laptop as the decision maker? or teddy "playa" long making a card full of tag team matches? be careful what u wish for. Big johnny can mess up on the mic a little but he is still good for business lol, hes a poor mans vince.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Big Johnny is great, period.

I've heard people voice their opinion that he has become a bit too much over the past few weeks, well really who's fault is that?, the characters or the writers.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was really liking Big Johnny as the goofy "Mr Excitement" and everything he was doing before Extreme Rules. But when he became Just another big bad boss he just started to lose everything that was great about him. He was a weak, pathetic suck up/kiss ass/yes man, why he suddenly became another Vince McMahon was quite strange. The thing with WWE 13 game is exactly the stuff that he should be doing: ridiculous, outlandish, exaggerated things that show just how out of touch he is. Becoming another Vince clone, is not.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I have to say, I'm coming round to him although his voice grates on me.

I think they should have him in charge and have Eve and Otunga heading a show each. That could be fun. I miss the brand split TBH

1 - 20 of 27 Posts