Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else starting to get the feeling Asuka wins at the rumble? Becky keeps talking about going down swinging and I can see her going into the rumble match again to start a chase to wrestlemania.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
No. Sometimes the WWE does do the predictable and this seems to be the case here.

Really should have done TLC for both the tag and RAW titles if Asuka and Kairi were gonna win there, and then have Becky win the RAW back at RR if they wanted to do a story of Becky overcoming Asuka. At least then the story would be believable. Right now it's almost like if Okada were being written as an underdog against Naito at WK14 lol.

Seems like the plan is Shayna v Becky but I don't really see a lot of people out there really looking forward to the match. The bad SS showing didn't help either.

·
IRAN #1
2,300 Posts
Does anyone really care if Becky chases anymore? She was champion for almost a year and won the title in the main-event of WrestleMania.. Who cares if she wins the title again.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts
i really doubt it

i fear its going to be charlotte/becky at wm

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I actually wouldn't mind Asuka winning and her being booked similarly to how she was on NxT. She'd be both the Raw and Tag Team Women's champion reigning supreme over both divisions. Hell, let Kiari win the SD Women's championship for pure domination. I honestly take that over Becky winning and potentially having to feud with Ronda.

My only problem is how Becky's character has been booked throughout this feud. Them trying to make her sympathetic and doubting her abilities is the opposite to why fans have always liked Becky. It also doesn't make much sense given her success, maybe if Asuka was booked as an actual threat I'd understand but Becky has beaten all the top women in the WWE and Asuka on the main roster hasn't been anything spectacular in comparison.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just think it would be more interesting if Becky drops the title then gets eliminated from the rumble by shayna. They could then have a feud leaving Asuka to have a decent run to mania where she possibly faces a returning Ronda.
I'd much rather that than more poor title matches in meaningless PPV's.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Here is an idea: Ronda costs Becky the title and decimates her after the match. Then sets up their match for Mania. No title needed for their one on one match.

What WWE will do: Becky will beat Asuka and Becky will defend the title at Mania against Shayna.

·
Registered
22,856 Posts
I think Becky will win, but she's made herself look vulnerable and timid enough to think maybe she could lose. And honestly, unless they are for sure getting Ronda back for Mania this year, I wouldn't hate it if Asuka beat Becky at the Rumble only for Becky to become crazed and chase her to Mania for the title.

·
Registered
673 Posts
We saw what Vince thinks of "Asuka going into WM as champ" last year, when he wrenched the belt off her for no good reason and thought a triple threat was a better idea than Lynch/Rousey and Flair/Asuka II. There's no chance in hell Asuka wins, there's no chance she's 1v1 with Becky over other potential opponents like Baszler, Rousey, Flair, even though Asuka's probably the best of all of them. Frankly my concern is the Kabuki Warriors won't even get to defend the tag belts on the main card, nevermind being in the singles title hunt, even though it should be completely unthinkable for a tag team that just main evented a PPV to be left off the card of the biggest show

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
If there was #justiceforasuka like the hashtag was made after WWE took the title off of Asuka before WrestleMania, Asuka would win the Raw title at RR then go on to have a high profile match and win at WM36 giving Asuka her overdue WM moment

·
FOTC
10,466 Posts
They've invested too much in Becky for her to lose a match that she wants so bad. It wouldn't be a bad idea to shake her confidence and have a redemption storyline at WM, but Becky isn't the type of talent that can take a loss and still maintain her aura.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,165 Posts
Asuka winning the title at the Rumble and Becky finally overcoming her at WM would be the most interesting story they can tell but of course that's why it won't happen.

Shayna is winning the Rumble and challenging Becky at Mania it's so freaking obvious, and I can't think of a more boring match up then that especially after the Survivor series fiasco

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Asuka winning the title at the Rumble and Becky finally overcoming her at WM would be the most interesting story they can tell but of course that's why it won't happen.

Shayna is winning the Rumble and challenging Becky at Mania it's so freaking obvious, and I can't think of a more boring match up then that especially after the Survivor series fiasco
No it's not! There's more emotional investment in Asuka completing her grand slam than Becky winning it back. Naomi has more of a chaser story than Becky does.

Brand supremacy BS and Bayley getting too much in made that match so boring. She really doesn't work in a dominant heel role.

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,668 Posts
No it makes Becky look weak not being able to remedy her losses to Asuka.
No it doesn't. What the fuck is this stupid thought process? Asuka should never lose to Becky. Let it be a story arc Becky can use at ANY fucking moment. The Rock only beat Stone Cold ONCE in a singles match if memory serves me right. ONE time. It was their LAST match too. 50/50 booking is the problem. Becky doesn't look weak that she has a rival that STANDS on her level that just ALWAYS squeaks by with a win.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,165 Posts
No it's not! There's more emotional investment in Asuka completing her grand slam than Becky winning it back. Naomi has more of a chaser story than Becky does.

Brand supremacy BS and Bayley getting too much in made that match so boring. She really doesn't work in a dominant heel role.
90% of Shayna's matches are boring. she needs someone much more athletic in the ring to carry her and make the match more exciting, and that's certainly not Becky's forte.

Shayna vs Becky is not a WM match no matter how they slice it. I would rather ANY option other then that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts