Wrestling Forum banner

3861 - 3880 of 4141 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
I was joking the other day that for symmetry alone, they should've switched Asuka and Chuck's positions. First, it would have blondes on each end. But also, it would line up as two 12-(plus)-time champs, two current champs, and two current clowns. Anyways, I assume the middle one in the photo will return on Monday. Is it wrong that I'm hoping she immediately goes after Nia, and those two work a program (heh), even if the matches suck?

Anyways, in all likelihood, Asuka will deal with Lana very quickly, and some blonde will show up to start something new. And @Hephaesteus , unless Ronda shows up in the next two months on RAW, I don't think Bliss is as far from the title as you're suggesting. They've got her in a prime spot now: she already barely takes any bumps, and now she'll probably be no-selling as well. Cushy job if you can get it.

I'm so conflicted, because while I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks w/r/t Asuka at all (given where it seems to be headed), I AM enjoying the Roman/Jey stuff, the Sasha/Bayley stuff (especially if Bianca gets involved by the end of the year), Big E's push, Sami Zayn possibly working with KO again, that Daniel Bryan's back, etc. Also, I'm intrigued by whether Drew gets fed to Bray (and how exactly they'll book that, given how much they've protected Drew this year) or works with AJ first. I'm digging The Hurt Business, and curious how their interactions with Ali (a smart, articulate performer) and (likely) Naomi will go. Will they let Keith Lee go over Braun clean, or are they gonna try to get the latter his heat back after he got pummeled by Roman last night. The biggest overall problem with RAW the past few months was certain matches being repeated ad nauseum, but now many of those feuds -- Hurt Business vs Apollo/Ricochet, Street Profits vs Garza/Andrade, Seth vs Rey -- are over, or (in the case of the last one) moved to the other show to finish out their run. The actual in-ring work in all of these cases was generally strong, but the feuds were stale. Now there's a reset. Drew's got a handful of big, credible challengers to work with (Bray, Braun, AJ, Lashley, even Sheamus if they decide to heat him up), and I think he could deliver with most of them, given his in-ring work the past few months. New Day's always fun, and work well with just about anyone (and maybe they'll give Xavier that desired King of the Ring run). I'm curious how the midcard will shake out, with the new faces. There are still more protected women on the RAW side than the SD one, and Asuka could have good matches with a number of them, belt-or-no-belt (and that's before some likely NXT call-ups...they're going back to Io vs. Candice at Halloween Havoc...hmmm).

Because of Covid, they don't really want to mix the three (especially NXT with main) rosters, so Asuka vs Sasha vs Io was unlikely to happen even if Asuka carried the belt to Survivor Series. Regardless, though I'm not happy with their handling of Asuka in the past six weeks (or in relation to the blondes in general), I'm not gonna view everything purely through that prism. But I'll vent my frustrations same as anyone else when certain likely scenarios play out.

·
Registered
751 Posts
And Chuck's program for WM is either Ronda (where she goes over) or Rhea (where she loses). The RAW belt doesn't have to be involved in either scenario, but very well could be.

·
NBA
4,188 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
At this moment, SDL already send their best to HiAC PPV, Roman vs Jey and Bayley vs Sasha while RAW only send Orton vs Drew, I don't know if Vince did this on purpose to RAW women's champion, just try to relegating Asuka status as Champion, I'm sure Alexa also not save from this when she work in same brand with Charlotte and I just realize that HiAC is next Sunday,damn, so preshow then for Asuka.

·
Registered
751 Posts
@Ucok Dude, there are probably only going to be six matches on that card (the cage matches will probably take up 30 minutes apiece). If they decide to have a RAW title match, it'll be because they're rushing into a Chuck or AB match. To be honest, I'd rather Asuka have no match on the PPV than those options.

But Asuka's still listed as a participant on the PPV on my local Canadian ad, a week before HiaC. So unless some other random filler last-minute opponent (not unlike the Mickie James or Zelina Vega programs) happens, I'd be careful what you wish for. (BTW, Bray is also listed for the PPV, but AB is not.)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
RAW basically have no clue with the RAW women's champion, wait until they find justification to take the belt from Asuka,at this rate they actually have one, last Monday, Fiend Bliss bring up the rating, RAW averaged 1.855 million viewers on the USA Network, which is up from last week's viewership of 1.686 million.

I can say I already see the pattern, maybe just maybe, someone will show up after the match and I assume it will Bliss who show up then attack Lana to show Asuka that she's ready to become her next challenger.

·
Registered
751 Posts
@Ucok The rating was up because of the Draft. People wanted to see who they were adding to the show.

But of course someone will show up after the match. It's the "season premiere", and a match with Lana is just the setup for something bigger. And it's most likely either a returning Charlotte, or AB. But either leading to a match at HiaC would be a rush-job. Doesn't mean they won't do it (see: that Asuka/Charlotte match on SD before WM35), but it could be building to Survivor Series instead. Or a title match a few weeks later on RAW.

Heck, maybe they're actually planning to have Nia put Lana through the announce-table again, and then challenge Asuka for HiaC, which Shayna horns in on, and you've got a triple-threat for the title (notice they don't have a tag-title match scheduled either). Anything's possible at this point. Charlotte could show up, get interrupted by Nia and Shayna, and maybe they work a triple-threat #1 Contenders match at RAW or HiaC.

Or maybe Lana just wins. Because Lana is the best, Lana number one! ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
1. I don't think Charlotte/Alexa are getting one-week built.

2. Nia will probably show up after the match to do the same thing every week. Maybe Asuka will back her off.

3. I don't think Asuka is getting a match, unless Melina return rumors are true.

·
NBA
4,188 Posts
Fiend Bliss bring up the rating, RAW averaged 1.855 million viewers on the USA Network, which is up from last week's viewership of 1.686 million.

Hope you are aware that's Fiend, not Bliss. Bliss had spent the whole year not doing remarkably well in segments (nor remarkably bad either), while Fiend's squashes and non orthodox segments like Firefly Funhouse always spike ratings a bit. This storyline is basically all about fiend, just because Vince and Alexa fans are going to use this as an excuse to advocate for a push, doesn't mean it's about Alexa. Really, amazed how people underrate Fiend just because his standard matches are garbage when truth is, there are small metrics out there that prove the gimmick draws. Small, but it draws.

Also, Asuka's segments tend to do well and increase more often than not (not always). But you're right that this was what Vince had in mind when pairing Alexa with Wyatt.

Reactions: llj

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Like I said before in previous post, just look how Vince book her reign now, after she done with Sasha, they should prepare the next challenger for her but what they are doing until now? She almost demoted to preshow before Shayna,Nia and Cross confirmed can't compete and now this. She practically not doing any important thing to strengthens her existence as the champion, what are they or is Vince waiting for?

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
4,113 Posts
Yeah it's honestly sad how this run is being booked right now, it started good with 2 clean wins against Sasha which gave us some hope that it would be better then her previous title run but after that she's not had any real story her "programs" with Zelina Mickie and now Lana are just random title defenses with no stakes or build up. at least with Bayley's filler feuds like against Tamina there was SOME story build with Asuka's so far it's been non existent.

Also it seems like she won't be on HIAC which would have been fine if didn't already miss another PPV like Payback and have they not tried to preshow her at COC all this combined together doesn't bode well for her.

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
Becky hasn't given birth yet, and then she would have 3-4 months to get into shape, which means no matches in the meanwhile. Don't know, I think Vince wants becky to be there but only to give fans a sense of hope so as to keep them interested. I think he will try and have Charlotte be the one to face Ronda at WM (as we already have been conjecturing ever since late 2019).
Maryse wrestled a match only 2 months after she gave birth. If they work around Becky's fitness level, they can definitely get a match at WM37. It won't be a good match, but Vince won't care about that, it's the names he's more interested in

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
If Becky gave into pressure, she wouldnt have gotten pregnant in the first place so I doubt she's coming back anytime soon, especially since her kid already has one working parent on the road and the ronda stuff is weird speculation. But yea, if they come back it'll be to smackdown since wwe doesnt give a fuck about their relationship to usa as evidenced by this draft. As for sasha herself, Im not even all that confident that vince's racist ass will even let her hold the belt at all much less the time her fans expect (but secretly know wont happen).

But back to Asuka, while she has a division full of challengers, she's still being forced into trying to pull matches out of the likes of Lana which should tell ya how much they value the woman's division over there. Hell, their only major addition was Alexa and she's nowhere close to that title at the moment. Still fucked up to see their blatant favoritism in that division pushed in our face like that though.
People can hold titles but their status rarely changes. Asuka always was pushed in the upper midcard and emergency champ role, and this summer was just that same role again. Sasha is the jobber to the stars and they still push her like that, I mean look at how this Sasha v Bayley feud is even booked, they're barely trying now after all that anticipation the feud is dying a quick death. The match will probably be great but they are barely devoting time to it now, which shows that Sasha's coronation isn't really something they're high on

And I'm starting to lean towards Ronda coming back to Smackdown instead of RAW now.

Vince sucks and the WWE deserves to die

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
Hope you are aware that's Fiend, not Bliss. Bliss had spent the whole year not doing remarkably well in segments (nor remarkably bad either), while Fiend's squashes and non orthodox segments like Firefly Funhouse always spike ratings a bit. This storyline is basically all about fiend, just because Vince and Alexa fans are going to use this as an excuse to advocate for a push, doesn't mean it's about Alexa. Really, amazed how people underrate Fiend just because his standard matches are garbage when truth is, there are small metrics out there that prove the gimmick draws. Small, but it draws.

Also, Asuka's segments tend to do well and increase more often than not (not always). But you're right that this was what Vince had in mind when pairing Alexa with Wyatt.
Yeah, while I think Alexa's still a good candidate to beat Asuka, it still feels more like something used to keep The Fiend interesting, instead of Alexa. It should also be noted that Alexa was drafted remarkably low, even lower than than the Kabuki Warriors were drafted last year, so it remains to be seen whether she's seen more as a complementary piece to Fiend or someone to carry RAW's women now.

Look at the banner, it's still Charlotte front and center, and for someone who hasn't been on TV for over 3 months, she was drafted like 3rd or something.

A good guess would be they use Alexa as a short transitional champ from Asuka to Charlotte so they don't have to have Asuka lose to Charlotte again.

Obviously they like Alexa because she's cute and blonde and can talk, but there's also a reason why she has never main evented a TV episode or PPV. They clearly know she can't work.

The only question is how soon they do it. Before SS or after.

·
NBA
4,188 Posts
Maryse wrestled a match only 2 months after she gave birth. If they work around Becky's fitness level, they can definitely get a match at WM37. It won't be a good match, but Vince won't care about that, it's the names he's more interested in

Does this mean for Charlotte? Cause they are always going to give her something important to do whenever she's active, as shown by last WM. And she's part of the RAW brand (front and center of the banner at that, just so we get it) so, it's either gonna be her who ends up having a match with Ronda, with Becky being there just to hype up the whole thing, or Becky gets drafted to SD and feuds with Ronda there while Charlotte has a feud for the RAW title with either Shayna, Fiend-Lexa or a call up like Io.

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
Does this mean for Charlotte? Cause they are always going to give her something important to do whenever she's active, as shown by last WM. And she's part of the RAW brand (front and center of the banner at that, just so we get it) so, it's either gonna be her who ends up having a match with Ronda, with Becky being there just to hype up the whole thing, or Becky gets drafted to SD and feuds with Ronda there while Charlotte has a feud for the RAW title with either Shayna, Fiend-Lexa or a call up like Io.
As much as Vince likes Charlotte, he still eventually yields to money first and if Becky is available and Ronda is available, there's no way he doesn't do Becky v Ronda this time around. Like, hard as it is for him to accept, deep down he still knows Charlotte ain't a draw on their level.

Charlotte can still challenge the other champ to get on the card, or be the other champ

·
NBA
4,188 Posts
Charlotte can still challenge the other champ to get on the card, or be the other champ

This is quite likely what will happen. Just great, the same match and the same spots again for another year.

·
Registered
751 Posts
But you're not watching, so what difference does it make? Watch what you like, same as anyone else. EZ-PZ.

3861 - 3880 of 4141 Posts